Sunday, September 4, 2016

SUQQU Pure Color Blush in 05 Yawakouki





>>this post features a product provided without charge by brand/pr for my consideration<<

Among the color releases from the SUQQU AW 2016 collection are a new range of blushes.  You know what new permanent blushes mean for the old ones! (Bye bye, babies).  I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to try 05 Yawakouki, in a nude orange / pale champagne gradient color way.
These gradient formats are certainly eye catching, but by no means very unique.  I do like the idea of  getting a spectrum of colors in one pan.

The new blush compacts are much sleeker and lighter in weight than the older two pan formats.  It has a shiny black top with the SUQQU logo vertically arranged on the left side and a mirror finish gold bottom.
It's very thin and if you like very sleek compacts (for travel, and generally streamlined shapes and efficient storage), these SUQQU Pure Color Blush cases are perfect.
Also notable is that the prices of these new blushes are much lower than the old Nuancing or Balancing dual pan ones.  The Pure Color Blush are £30 while the older formats are £38.  Seems like the sacrifice in quality is evident in the inclosed brush applicator.  The new one appears to be a cut synthetic bristle head versus the natural hairs of the old applicator.  That's not a huge deal for me, but one of the nice aspect of SUQQU products is how the excellent enclosed applicator make travel makeup so easy.  Even without taking along a set of full brushes, the applicators in the quad eye shadows, blushes and eye brow palette perform very well.  On the other hand, I welcome a more easy-going approach to prices!

The formula is very soft and fine.  While my well-loved SUQQU Balancing Cheeks blush are equally finely milled, the hard pressed texture on those old blushes gives a drier feel.  These new Pure Color Blush are much softer and have a slightly floury texture.  That's by no means a bad thing, because it makes for a very airy-textured application.

Here are the swatches.  It's way too subtle and pale a color for me to use as a blush, but functions more as a highlighter.  Hopefully you can see the strips of "color."  First strip is a swipe of that soft orange, second is the middle of the pan, third is that pale warm champagne and the last is all the shades swirled together.

At the end of a long summer with a good chunk spent outdoors and on the beach, I've tanned a good bit.  I'm a good NC25 to 30 or so.  While I can definitely see the color in these swatches, I don't get nearly this distinct color when applied on my cheeks with a normal brush application.
Like so:
and like dis:
Also feel free to click on this photo and get a good zoom-see.   It's a lovely texture on the skin, but since I'm not poor on highlighters in my stash, I'm looking forward to trying out a color that is more blush-like on the skin. 
The way I've been using Yawakouki is truly as a subtle highlighter.  Even applying very heavily doesn't produce any unflattering powdery finish on my skin.  I like it applied over my regular blush for a dose of neutral sheen.
I think I will purchase another shade when Selfridges comes back in stock since the formula was excellent.  SUQQU is available at Selfridges, Harrods and Fenwicks and also available on line at Selfridges and Harrods.

Disclosure: this post features product that was sent free of charge by the brand/PR for consideration.  However, all my opinions are my own!  Yes indeed!  Please check out my full disclosure policy statement here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...