Monday, January 11, 2016

SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow in 22 Kikyoutsubomi

     >> This post features product provided without charge by the brand/pr for consideration <<
A far away spring time!
In New York, we've not even had our first snow and it is already mid January!  It has gotten a bit colder since the very strange and warm weather around the holidays and now I can vaguely imagine a springtime.  Maybe I can imagine a sweet scented air with new blooms bursting forth.  Or maybe I can think about building more angry snow women with the kids soon.  While I wander mentally into LaLaLand, you can see what SUQQU has brought forth with their new SS16 Collection.

Two eye shadow quads are released for the SUQQU SS 16 Collection, inspired by spring in Tokyo.  The concept inspiration is very poetic and I think it translates beautifully into these two palettes.  The one I am showing you today is Kikyoutsubomi (on the left) and this one is the more nature inspired of the two.  As early morning light shines on and through the delicate petals of spring cherry blossoms, a glowing array of colors emerge.  As you might imagine, the shades are light, delicate and the textures are fine and shimmery.
Kikyoutsubomi has all the pale and pretty tones of a cherry tree, and just as importantly, all the translucent and glowing quality of morning light setting the petals aglow.


In the case of this quad, I think the layered shades, though very pretty with all the delicate shimmers, are pretty but doesn't add that much interest into a look when applied on the eyes.  The below swatches are layers of 1) the colors in the split pan layered 2) the split pan layered and topped with the pink 3) the split pan layers and topped with the orange 3) all the 4 pans layered together.  There are not particularly distinctive from each other.
I think the individual shades are best applied on their own in whatever placement works best for you.  The shades are so smooth that pretty much placing the shades, with almost no blending still produces a cohesive and blended look.  Pretty much it is makeup for dummies in terms of ease of application!

Here are some swatches of the individual colors.
  • Pale petal pink, neutral base color but with bright white micro shimmer (along with some darker pink and sparse pale blue shimmer), almost metallic in texture 
  • Cool and pale peach shade, also shimmery with lighter golden shimmer
  • Warm bright white, more satin in texture
  • Split pan: Russet-toned deeper pink that has a cool impression with many silver micro shimmer, along with deeper pink, orange and yellow shimmers.
  • Split pan: mid-toned cool brown that has a slight cast to a grungy green.  This color shows the individual small glints of shimmer most distinctly

And slightly lower exposure and blurry so you can see the textures of each shade a little better.
Overall the application is very easy and applies evenly and smoothly.  The impression on the eyes is very subtle, although I found I can layer slightly more, even the darkest brown shade is the barest of a shadow.  The finished look is certainly more of the glowing and subtle variety.  In very bright and direct sunlight, the colors become very reflective and the tones show up more distinctly.  In indirect light (like below) the look is very subtle.  Hmm, I can say this is not the palette for trying out that graphic cut crease look.  :D
Despite being light shades, I found I was able to create depth and dimension pretty easily with the placement of the shades.  In this I used the pink as the main lid shade up to the socket.  Used the darker russet-pink in the outer third as well as the outer third of the lower lash line.  I used the peach all along the lower lash line.  I then used the darkest brown shade along the upper lash line, as well as to define the outer corner of the upper lid as well as slightly through the crease.  I swept the white with a large fluffy brush on the center of the upper lid, and in the inner corners.
Every wore very well and into a long work day (into evening) with very little fading and no creasing.  I always use my Nars Pro Prime!

Products worn:
  • Base: SUQQU Frame Fix Cream N foundation; Concealer pans, Nuancing Loose Powder in Natural (D/C), Face Colour Palette in EX-04 (details here)
  • Eyes: Kikyoutsubomi, SUQQU Gel liner pen in black, SUQQU mascara base N, Guerlain Cils D'Enfer Maxi Lash WP mascara, SUQQU brow palette in Moss Green
  • Lips: SUQQU Bright Up in 08 Sumidaidai 



Pans and Swatches in motion from my Instagram page!



I think Kikyoutsubomi is just so beautiful!  Things to note: I am about at the palest I will get all year.  You can see that the colors show up on my face, but not very distinctly.  The light-reflective nature is sophisticated but is a big attribute of this quad (as you see in the IG video).  This one is the more feminine and more easily accessible of the two quads this season.

What do you think?  Do you think you can bear to wear such springy shades in the dead of northern hemisphere winter?  :)

Disclosure: this post features a product that was sent free of charge by the brand/PR for consideration.  However, all my opinions are my own! Yes indeed! Please check out my full disclosure policy statement here. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...