Thursday, January 7, 2016

CHANEL Rouge Noir Absolument Collection

*reels cassette tape backwards with a #2 Ticonderoga pencil*

Isn't it so crazy seeing Spring collections hitting counters already?  I do appreciate the fresh color palettes that are typical of beauty collections for Spring, but there is nothing that appeals to me more than the deep, dark and devilish.

Somf I wfenft to ftheh Chanfel coufter ind bawft fteh Howlifdafth.  *cough cough cough*  *expels Devil Dog crumbs from mouth in a fine spray*

I was saying that I was completely drawn like a moth to flame to the Chanel collection from this past holiday built around the iconic color Rouge Noir.  I hit the boutique almost as they were setting up the display and quickly gobbled up a few items.  At the time, they were missing a few of the collection, but I ended up with Illusion D'Ombre in Rouge Noir, Le Crayon Khol in Rouge Noir, Le Volume de Chanel mascara in Rouge Noir and finally, Le Top Coat Lamé Rouge Noir.  I overdosed a little bit.
I like purchasing at the actual Chanel boutique because they always are generous with samples and I get the little bag camellia sticker.  Doesn't take that much to please me.  :)

The kohl liner in Rouge Noir has a smudgy formula that you'd expect in a kohl liner.  It is hardly all that long lasting, but it does give a sexy smoldering kind of effect when applied lushly around the lash line and the waterline.  I also find it fades considerably after a few hours.
I find it more plum brown than much in the way of a red tone, but a pretty creamy matte shade.
Some comparisons to a few other similar shades.  The limited edition from SUQQU that came out recently for Fall is more red than this Chanel kohl.  Color-wise similar to the THREE Flash Performance one in Eye Sense, but that one is loaded with shimmers.

I am rather very fond of this nail polish top coat, which is in a clear pink base shade and then loaded up with gold flakes.  The flakes apply very evenly and doesn't leave a gritty feel when it dries.
It's much more useful to me applied over another nail polish.  The dark vampy shade I'm wearing here is a discontinued Estee Lauder shade in Black Iris.  It's my stand in for a Rouge Noir nail polish.

I thought that this Illusion D'Ombre in Rouge Noir would be the star among my purchases, but I am just okay with this one.  I am already familiar with the spongy, shimmer loaded goodness of these cream eye shadows.
It is awfully gorgeous in the jar.
Also really stunning in a heavy swatch and catching the light with the shimmer.  Unfortunately, applied in a more sheer manner on the lids, the color ends up being a flat and warmer toned brown.  Useful color, but not the kind of beauty you see in the jar or in a swatch.

I also found the performance pretty poor.  Even applied over my user Nars primer, I had consistent creasing and fading after only 2 or 3 hours.  I had much better performance with my one other Illusion D'Ombre in Diapason.

Oddly enough, the products I loved the most are the gold glitter top coat and the Rouge Noir mascara (unpictured).  For a non waterproof formula, the mascara does a pretty nice job building volume though requires a bit of careful combing through to eliminate some of the clumps.

Did you like any of Chanel holiday?  Do you like Devil Dogs?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...