Saturday, April 4, 2015

Well Now, Surratt Beauty Makes Its Debut at Sephora!

Ah!  Spring is here.  Sephora Chic Week is coming up in April with its discount offers for the BI, VIB and Rouge folks.  In time for it, Surratt Beauty makes its debut!  The line is available now on the website (include brushes!) and will be in stores later this month.  In the US, it was only available exclusively at Barney's New York.  This expansion to Sephora will be greater accessibility, which is always a happy thing to celebrate.

It looks like a few things are already out of stock.  I hope Sephora will restock before the start of the discounts.  *crosses appendages*

I will round up some links to my Surratt Beauty posts here, in case you are thinking of making purchases.  You can click on the photos to go directly to those posts.  Happy shopping/ wish list compiling / drooling!

Brushes!


  • I do a big round up of the entire Artistique Brush range, as well as compare several to SUQQU brushes.

Surratt Artistique Brush Overview

  • A detailed post on the Face and Cheek brushes.  I think the Cheek is well worth the investment for Japanese-made brush lovers.
Surratt Artistique Face & Cheek Brushes
  • A detailed post on the Smoky Eye Brush in Medium.  A little too floppy for my taste (and not with any weird innuendo either!).
 Surratt Smoky Eye Brush M
Surratt Smoky Eye Brush M
  • Ah, my favorite eye brushes from the line are the Canadian Squirrel hair Classic Eye Shadow Brush.  Here I do a comparison to similar ones from Chikuhodo Artist series.
Surratt Classic Eye Shadow Brushes in S, M and L


Makeup!


  • Eye Brow Expressioniste pencil in Raven.  This is a refillable pen with cartridges that are sold separately.  I got mine in a Wantable box, which was mostly a dud aside from this little gem.  It also has a very small, dense yet soft spoolie at the end for brushing through.
Surratt Brow Pencil in Raven
  • Concealer - here are all the shades swatched in this post.  I also did a more detailed review on shade 04, which I received in a GWP.
Surratt Surrealiste Concealer all shades
Surratt Surrealiste Skin Concealer 04 detailed post
  • Lipsliques are the slightly sheer but layerable to near-opacity lipsticks from the brand.  I've swatched everything at the counter that day (was missing Hevyn, but that is in a separate post).  Beautiful formula!
Surratt Lipqliques
Surratt Lipslique in Hevyn

Surratt Lipslique in Perfectionniste

  • Lip Luster in Améthyste - I do despise lip glosses in general, and yet could not help myself from picking up the very beautiful Amethyst.  By itself, it is all multi-dimensional shimmer and layering over other lipstick colors - MAGIC!
Surratt Lip Luster in Améthyste
  • Automatique Lip Crayons are full coverage, high pigment and matte lip crayons.  If you are looking for some very impactful colors, this is it.  I think since my old post, Surratt has added additional lighter shades to the lineup.  This was of the original release.  The post has descriptions of the colors as well as initial thoughts on the formula.
Automatique Lip Crayons
  • Smoky Eye Batons - this is a swatch (and some descriptions) of the dual-ended product.  One end is a very creamy & smudge-able eye liner and the other is a coordinating eye shadow.  Its an easy way to master a quick and smoldering smoky eye look.
Smoky Eye Baton swatches
  • And my one lone (and purged) eye shadow, Tyrian!
Artistique Eye Shadow in Tyrian
As you can see, I own no blushes, which I hope to rectify although I am sadly (and grossly) over-assorted in blushes in general.  For a product that is generally worn naturally and sheerly (and with not a ton of distinction from shade to shade), I sure own a lot of those.  Let's not peer too deeply into those very dark places, hmm?

Other wish list items I have are perhaps the eye lash curler, a blush or two as I mentioned.  And I believe the line is releasing a new foundation sometime later in the year.  I hope it nicely times against me using up one or two of others I own.

Anyway, I am making my list and I hope this is helpful for your list!  What items make up your list?

23 comments :

  1. I ordered a blush. If I like it, I'm going to get a small palette and consider another blush or two eye shadows. You know, when I was googling for swatches, it was pages full of Bellly! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH. I've heard great things about the surratt blushes, Liz! :DD I can not wait to see what you picked out.

      Hehe. I did quite a few surratt posts!

      Delete
  2. Not fond of Sephora. The first products are the best quality. I think I am getting one more face brush and the medium eye brush. Love Belly's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything is in stock when you order! :) Thank you! You are a wonderful support for the blog.

      Delete
  3. welp, I know where my money's going during this sale....dammit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *opens up Maeve's wallet* *Sephora picks all the $$$*

      Delete
  4. Hip hip hooray! I'll wait till they come at my local Sephora. What a great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the Easter Bunny brought some delicious treats for the Tod! :D

      Delete
  5. The black nail polish....what grand is that. Asuming those are your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who else would be putting their disembodied fingers into my blog? ;) Unless it is Troy Surratt (his hands in the top picture).
      It is Dior in Smoky (from Holiday). You can see it reviewed in Sara's blog here:
      http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/10/diorific-vernis-001-golden-shock-022.html

      Delete
  6. Lemme try this again. Belly, you might enjoy this post by a British blogger (I've been following her for years, never knew she had a connection to Troy S.!):
    http://agirlsguidetoturning50.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-eyes-have-it.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you SO much for this introduction. She is a wonderful read!! I hope she will share a glass of wine with us and tell us the tale of how they do connect!!!

      Delete
  7. So many beautiful things.. I wonder if the Surratt Lipsliques are similar in formula to Cle de Peau's Lip Luminizers? I hope they're better, but I won't know for a while as I'm on a no-buy :( I shall live vicariously through blogs and MUB until July..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same click mechanism, but different formula! :) The CdP is much more loose & liquid than these. The surratt are more creamy (though still light on the lips)
      No buy! Those are too hard to do. Low buys are doable. I don't know how you do it with all those gorgeous Japanese temptations all around you!

      Delete
  8. I have made up my mind to resist this Sephora sale entirely, and not even the magical sparkle of Améthyste can tempt me, damn it! Sometimes I catch myself thinking that I "need" a clear sparkly lip gloss to layer over lipsticks, and then I reflect that I wear lip gloss maybe once a month. Sigh.

    I confess that Surratt as a whole has never really enticed me, though. I love the story behind the brand, and the products all look so polished and elegant, but I'm missing the sense of play that I find in brands like NARS. All the better for my wallet, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to buy some skincare things (all repurchases), but then I realized that until I get to EMPTY, I really shouldn't buy as I always underestimate how much I have left of things. :)
      That gloss is beautiful, but as a true gloss hater, I still have worn it only a few times. It does look nice in my lip thing drawers? Hmm..

      I think it is one of those brands that "improves" a few times at the counter. My very initial impression was that it seemed a bit derivative of Japanese brands (like Addiction), but they do some things very nicely. One thing I think is that the product quantity is very small for the price. Not like I ever use up color products, but it seems very high to me. For me, the biggest draw are the brushes, hands down. They are really exquisite (price wise as well!!) and to have them accessible in the US is a big win. :D

      Delete
  9. I'd love to try one of those Smoky Eye Batons. That mauve duo especially! I almost always start with a creamy pencil base these days, and they look different and innovative enough to warrant a purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I often use a creamy eyeliner as a base, too! It does make for nice intensity for many looks. The colors of the batons are all very nice. I did find that the amount of product in it was very small, but with the upcoming event (maybe you already have a code if you are VIB Rouge), it does takes a bite out of the purchase price.

      Delete
  10. Hold my beer, I mean my brown paper bag. Surratt is making a foundation?! I'll be grateful if he comes out with a foundation as light as the Surreal Concealer in Color 1. Maybe he will also release a few colored Autographique liner cartridges and a black blush (totes not joking) similar in purpose to his black gloss? Thank you for the intel, P.I. Belly! And Troy, are you reading this? :D

    I'll put a gold star next to your Surratt buy list for Chic Week. :) Now that Surratt has added another distribution channel, it's about time that supply catches up with demand; many items on Sephora are listed as "Only a Few Left" and will be immediately OOS come Chic Week. As a B.I., I am skipping the sale in favor of Neiman's April GC event to stock up on Oribe and Maison FK. But mebbe, just mebbe, I'll pick up the blushes in Cantaloupe and La Vie En Rose if they are still in stock. I just couldn't forget your post on Suqqu's orange blush, which looked like a delectable square of pressed Tang powder!

    -Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're drinking bee... I mean you went shopping at Bloomingdale's without me?! They've been talking about the foundation for a long time. And prior to the brush release, they've been talking about that for a long time. It seems like their new product development process is a very arduous one. I guess Troy has very exacting standards! (Troy! That works for me! Please make sure we get some good color range. Olives, Pales, Yellows, and Dark!!!)

      I bypassed the BG AND the NM events. What is going on with me? I can't stand to look at my cluttering makeup war station and contemplate what MOAR I can possibly need. :D I was going to load up on more skincare during Chic Week, but I think I will just try to run through my samples and back ups instead. And maybe even cull down my Surratt wishlist to one blush. I do also hope inventory catches up!!

      That Orange SUQQU is quite lovely. I don't own any oranges like that! :D *pretends to be Astronaut* *Gulps Tang*

      Delete
  11. Its good news that its now at Sephora as I did wonder how long it would survive with limited availability. I will get some more from the brand but the only UK site I can get it nearly always messes up my orders so it makes me hesitant. That said its a lovely range, though I do wish the shadows/blushers had a magnetized system rather than stickers, seems wrong for the price point x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wants so much stuff from this post! First you have me addicted to Suqqu now Surratt. Your superpower is temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I wish the products held a bit more securely (and nicely) than the sticker systems. :) It looks like with Sephora's global shipping, I hope you can secure some more goodies without hassle.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...