Friday, March 13, 2015

THREE Color Veil for Cheeks - Slightly Larger but Mini Swatch Set

First I'd like to apologize for all these recent posts.  To me and to you, it's very discombobulating seeing new posts just POP UP on the blog.  It's like a diabolical spewing forth of Satanic Makeup Consumption or something similarly deranged.  Only there's a very simple explanation for this.  It's one of those serendipitous moments when one or two bright sunny days, with free time that lines up exactly to the best light and BOOM.  Posts.  What is stranger is that those moments don't happen very frequently.   Not at all.

Anyway.  You're here and I'm here and instead of awkwardly staring at each other feeling strange, we can look at pretty blush.  Yes?
And BOOM.  How you like them apples?  These are my blushes from the Japanese brand THREE.  Since my little tiny swatch set post (here) I've since added two more to my collection.  I plan on doing another post that more features those two in depth (faces -SHRIEK!, comparison swatches -  AIEEEE! in depth analysis on texture -  WOOOO!) but since one can not ever count on a timely Belly post, you can enjoy the one you are reading at this moment, right now.

Right now.  You are reading my post.  Living in the moment.  Anticipating ... swatches.

The THREE blushes are wonderful silky things.  I've stated so and so it is.  While some of the pans look frighteningly bright, the application is always wearable.  It IS possible to achieve clown cheeks, but it would take a bit of layering to achieve nuclear clown status.
 I have detailed posts on Love Twist and Emotional Rescue (here) and Wind Swept Soul and Love Kick (here) if you want to take a look.  I blather on and on about how nice and silky and blah blah ad nauseum there.

But for the quick swatch set round up:

I purchased 24 Into the Aether and 25 Divine Radiance thinking I was getting some variation of orange, but it turns out that Into the Aether is a sweet soft peach and 25 Divine Radiance is a orange-toned brown.  This is why internet should be full of more THREE pictures, so I cast this out there, into the Internet, to be spreading of the THREE pictures.
Have you tried one or few (or SIX) of these yet?  What thinky you of these THREE blushes?

Also, even more importantly, as it relates to your opinions: are you delighted or delightfully deranged seeing all these posts on the Wondegondigo blog?

Oh yes, one more thing.  It has recently come to my attention that some of my photos are popping up in un-Belly sanctioned places.  Example would be on non-English blogs with my watermark scrubbed off with another watermark smooshed on it.  That makes a Belly very sad.  Share me on forums, on Pinterest, mention me on your blogs and social media.  But if you want to use my images, please ask first and don't remove my watermark.  That blows.

25 comments :

  1. What can I say...I like the "diabolical spewing forth of Satanic Makeup Consumption" :D

    You write the bestest funniest posts ever, and I can never get tired of reading your blog....goats and bellies and hairy talk and all :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goats, Bellies, Hair, and now BALLZ?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

      Delete
  2. Delightfully deranged still sounds like a positive, hehehe. I loooooooove your incidents of spewing forth and will take them whenever they appear. I would also gladly steal *ahem*purchase*cough*twitch* any of these blush beauties. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, I like to think about the bright side of things... like derangement. ;-)

      You don't need to play stick fingers with these blushes. You can come over & I shall use my best hairy brushes to swirl on your face for you.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. *sidles up next to Liz*
      *yawns*
      *slings arm over Liz's shoulder*

      Delete
  4. How do they compare to Surratt?
    I only go to true Belly website. Those copycats have no leg to stand on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only played with the Surratt blushes at the counter. I don't own any. But the Surratt's formula is softer and creamy compared to the THREE. These Color Veils are actually harder but without any dryness. It is very silky.

      Delete
  5. "Satanic Makeup Consumption," "Living in the Moment," "Emotional Rescue," "Divine Radiance" **rubbing eyes** Am I reading the next rendition of "Eat, Pray, Love" or an admission chart to the psychiatric ward?? Maybe it's late but I'm so glad to see these pretties. So more pretty, pretty please!!!

    P.S. Removing Belly watermark + posting on un-Holly.. oops, un-Belly site??? Now, that is diabolical! A witch-hunt may be warranted, if I see one, I'll forward it to you -- maybe as a teeny, tiny consolation price, if someone is stealing your pictures, that can only mean your pictures are good enough to be stollen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already hanging out in the rec room watching Judge Judy. I really wish I can see this blushes in person. My last two picks, while really pretty weren't what I thought I was buying! :D I kind of think I maxed out of blushes I might want from the line, but I won't ever know!

      Isn't it maddening? >:( Part of what makes me sad / growly mad is that I get so few opportunities to take photos that when those moments/photos are taken from me, I feel rather deflated and growly. Grrrowl.

      Delete
  6. That is ALOT of THREE loves!!! I have 2 of them... and for some reason I just never really fell for them... I find the pigmentation too soft, and the colors don't translate accurately from pan to cheek.

    It's horrible that people are ripping off your images!!! curses to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS A TON of THREE love. I'm sorry you are not impressed with the pigmentation! I just love how soft most of these shades look. They are infinitely wearable for me (like no brainer easy) and the brighter ones (19 and 23) do pack quite a bit of wow on me when I need it to.

      I guess as Claire said, it's kind of nice that people think my images are worth ripping off... or something. I hope they go suck some ballz and not the Guerlain kind.

      Delete
  7. Those blushes are so pretty, I think I like their blushes as eyeshadow more than their proper eyeshadows.
    I know photo stealing sucks, I spotted my photos on ebay listing :( I never sell anything, it's not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Oh I have all sorts of mixed feeling about my THREE eye shadows some days, but about the blushes, I have no such misgivings. They are some of my very favorites.

      Ugh! They used their photos for eBay? I think those people should be forced to give a high percentage of their proceeds whenever they make a sale on stolen photos. As a buyer, I would not want to buy where the photo is not an accurate representation of the item.

      Delete
    2. Do you find some of the powder e/s a bit like you're wearing matte e/s and they make eyeballs feel a bit dry?

      I haven't been able to make new photos lately, rain, moved furniture around and lost my spot, life dramas. Those sellers will need to find someone else to rip off lol

      Delete
    3. The THREE eye shadows are fine on me (even the cream when they are nice and not dry). Sometimes I get eczema on my lids (in the very corners) so then everything irritates me especially my Nars primer.

      I was thinking that with the Australian summer & sun, you'd get some nice photo opportunity! But yes, life & crap always gets in the way.

      eBay should have a commision program for us (and sellers that use our pictures). I can get down with that a bit. But then again, as a buyer, I want to see real product, not just some blogger's photo!

      Delete
  8. Ah, temptations! And those people who take your photos are thieves!!! You know what? I saw some of mine in Chinese sites, using my photos to SELL products. I was all curses, man! _(*#&$^%!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaahhfkdkhgidkdgjgkd!!! *()@KSDU@)!!! No good son of a gun. BASTUUUURRRRDDDD!

      Delete
  9. um, DELIGHTED?? I mean, your posts are definitely some dangerous shopping inspiration but I'm not complaining ;))
    Also, sorry that someone was using your photos :/ That makes me want to start putting a watermark on my photos and keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These unobtrusive watermarks are very easy to crop out, though. I contemplated putting in a watermark more central in placement in the photo, but I think that doesn't do the photo any favors either. >:(

      DELIGHTED YOU SAY? :) I must plan for some more sunny weather then.

      Delete
  10. Additionally, delighted and deranged to to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is how I like my favorite readers: delighted and deranged.

      Delete
  11. "This is why internet should be full of more THREE pictures, so I cast this out there, into the Internet, to be spreading of the THREE pictures." Amen, and bless you Belly! Or, discombobulate away, child of Satan?! Yeah, I'll go with that :) We are thirsty for all the diabolical spewings, such happy happy joy joy. I am so confused by the words I just typed as a comment on a beauty blog LOL. This is why I love you <3

    Also, "...my watermark scrubbed off with another watermark smooshed on it." Omg, WHY. People are such assholes. I don't get it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temple of Belly. We have Bacon, Makeup, & Brushes. A proper gluttinous (glutinous? gluttonous) trinity of consumption. Sometimes they link back to my blog, which I guess... thankyou?nonotreally? I guess lack of appreciation for asking for permission...

      Delete
  12. UM HOW DARE THEY REMOVE YOUR WATERMARKS >:( I hate that you even have to SAY that people aren't just allowed to take your photos and repost as their own without permission. UGH. No one has manners and common decency anymore!

    That said, these are soooo pretty. I know you love their blush formula but I just couldn't find a shade I liked enough to get when I was actually by THREE counters in Osaka! Duuuurn it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...