Monday, March 23, 2015

Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in Jasmine Weighted Air & a Special Discount

Always when I hear that a company is reformulating something, I feel a bad feel in the pit of my stomach because it means bad things.  Bad Things.  Always Bad Things.  Why take good things and make it different?  It seems Rouge Bunny Rouge is revamping many things in the line and the lipsticks were up for reviving.  *nibbles fingertips*  Don't forget to scroll to the end to see the special discount. :)

Rouge Bunny Rouge makes a beautiful full coverage and sheer lipstick and several of their colors in each range are my perennial favorites.  Raw Silence from the original Colorburst formula is one of my very favorite reds... EVER.

One thing that did make me take a chance with the reformulated sheer lipstick is the new color addition of this very bright, cool fuchsia called Jasmine Weighted Air.
The tip of the bullet now features a curve that hugs the lips.  I don't like that shape all that much.  I found it difficult, especially on the lower lip to get clean edge.
The glossy black tubes with the white botanical design has now been replaced a tone-on-tone design.  It is sleek, but the case size is the same weighty sturdiness as before.
One of the weird things about the old formula (Murmurings here, Fluttering Sighs here) is that the texture of the bullet seemed to vary a bit from color to color.  Murmurings was soft and could be squished by pressing too hard against the lips.  Fluttering Sighs was even softer that I had to depot it and can only use a lip brush to apply.  Both were still smooth and wonderful on the lips.

Jasmine Weighted Air has a much improved firmness to the bullet.  The formula indeed is different.  While the older formula has a very wet and slippy (also very glossy) texture on the lips, the new formula in Jasmine Weight Air feels very light in with a good slip that isn't smeary.  It does glide very well on the lips.  
Jasmine Weighted Air is a beautifully cool, clear fuchsia.  A light layer on the left and layered twice on the right in the swatches here.  It has a nice shine, but isn't very glossy.

The scent has also really changed.  The old formula had a very strong Christmas spice kind of a scent, which I think was kind of polarizing, though I liked it.  The new scent is a more faint generic sweet floral which doesn't linger long once the color is applied on the lips.  The company website lists it as fragrance free, but I can most definitely discern a scent.
It does actually stain the lips into a pretty bright pink after the actual shine fades away.  For a sheer lipstick, it performs about par to my expectations.  I need to touch up and re-apply about 2-3 hours in.  It feels so light and well moisturizing on my lips.  It is a surprisingly pigmented shade for something considered sheer.  When layered fully on the lips, it is very pigmented and vibrant.

The reformulation includes several ingredients for intense moisturization and supposed anti-aging benefits, notably: sodium hyaluronate attracts moisture to lips while rosehip butter acts as a powerful anti-oxidant.  Hard to say how much of these are in the formula to actually do all those things, the sodium hyaluronate is low on the ingredient listing but rosehip butter is very high on the list, but I have to say that it feels great on the lips!
Clear, bright colors like this are always welcome in my lipstick Muji drawers!  It has a way of adding vibrancy to an otherwise very neutral and sedate look.

Products used:
  • Base: Tom Ford Traceless Stick Foundation in Pale Dune, Surratt Concealer in shade 04, SUQQU Glow Loose Powder
  • Eyes: Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil in Espresso, Rouge Bunny Rouge Solstice Halcyon and Papyrus Canary, Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara, SUQQU Brow palette in Moss Green
  • Cheeks: SUQQU Balancing Cheeks N in 04 Mizuhanamoya
  • Lips: Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in Jasmine Weighted Air

I am totally breathing a sigh of relief that the new version of the RBR Sheer lipstick actually IS better than it was before.  Really loving this bright beauty of a color as well as the hydrating and whisper light formula.
Have you tried the new Rouge Bunny Rouge Colorburst or Sheer Lipsticks?  What do you think of them?

I purchased my lipstick directly from the RBR website (here) and took advantage of its new lower shipping in the US. 

SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER!
I'm crazy (like cuckoo for coco puffs) excited to be able to share a special 20% discount offer on the Rouge Bunny Rouge website (here) for my blog readers!  Yay us!  (edit:  this offer is available on all the regions for the website.  Just choose where you are shipping to and use the code to apply the discount to your order!)

Use code RBR-WONDEGONDIGO20.  It is valid until August 31, 2015 for a 20% discount from the Rouge Bunny Rouge website.

I have many recommendations for RBR!  Please feel free to ask in comments and if you are a fan of the brand, do offer your best recommendations, too.

Check out my various posts with the RBR tag (here) and you will find many swatches, looks and stuff!  The eye shadows, blushes and the loose finishing powder are some of my very favorites from the brand.  Nevermind, the exquisite liquid highlighters and liquid bronzer from the brand.

43 comments :

  1. Nice spring pink! On a side note, the Suqqu 04 cheek colour looks gorgeous on you. I feel 03 & 04 is not mean to give cheeks serious colour, but bring live to the face, leaving an impression of 'you are very well' instead of blushing pink cheeks. And this really attracts me. Looking forward to ur review on 04! Maybe even a comparison with the pink colour on 03?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hi Dust! Hehehe! Thank you so much for noticing the little details in the post. I think you are right on about the intended effect of these blushes. The intensity is low, but does give a veil of color and sheen to the skin. I think particularly in real life, it looks very fresh and pretty. I do think that it would suit a wider variety of skintones to have some more pigmentation though (though not a big personal concern for me). I'm hoping to round up and compare 04 with the blush Usuzakura, which is the paler pink from a few seasons back, too in addition to the pink shade in 03.

      Delete
  2. Super!! And thanks for the discount code -- it is quite generous and the expiration date is quite far in advance. YAY for RBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for RBR! I think it will be enough to wait for things to get back into stock and some other repackaging to roll out into the shop, too. :D I hope you get to use & enjoy the discount.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the DC code with us, Belly!
    I've wanted the Murmurings for ever.

    BTW, those are some sexy FOTDs. Jasmine Weighted Air looks stunning on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Lena! Time to pull the trigger on Murmurings! Speaking of sexy, JWA is totally a pink that is a total Lena Pink.

      Delete
  4. OMG that's a sweet treat, thank you Belly! I would recommend the powder eyeshadows and blushes, any and all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I so agree on the eye shadows & blush! They have wonderful colors and some of the nicest textures out there, right?

      Delete
  5. BellY ! You are such a mind reader! How did you know I wanted to haul RBR today?? I actually made a cart of some long time lemmings, and want to just pull the trigger. But then I came here to look at your reviews and picture and I discover YOU HAVE A CODE all ready, just a couple of hours before I even knew I wanted to haul! what the what??? I <3 U.
    PS. this code also works on the EU website, I just tried it since I need to ship to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baahahahah! It's a parlour trick. It just SEEMS like I am a mind reader because you & I are both always thinking about sparkly pretties all the time. amirite or what? Hope you enjoy your goodies!! I edited to add that it's a code for the whole website, not the US! Isn't it awesome! WHEEEE!

      Delete
    2. aha! That would explain it! Great minds~ It's so awesome, and it lasts for a long time too! :D
      You are an enabler! Knowing myself I will probably take advantage of your code more than once :P

      Delete
  6. I love this shade on you Belly. So beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lily!! I just love this color so much. Really puts me in the mood for some warm spring weather. *kicks winter to the curb*

      Delete
  7. That is how the top of my lipstick look after some uses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I know lots of people end up with this shape! Mine is a straight diagonal shape once I wear them down! It's not my best shape for me!!

      Delete
  8. I really love this colour on you! I need to sort myself out and order some of the new lipsticks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare! thank you! I think a lot of the new shades might really suit you.

      Delete
  9. Oh My Gawd!!! This shade is phenomenally beautiful on you!! Why Belleh?? Why you need to lure me in the 20% off goodness????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? U ask me why? BC PRETTY! Jasmine Weighted Air is totally totally killing me with the pretty!

      @__@

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Lynn, it is a gorgeous color! :) thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  11. TEMPTRESS. You are a Boss-level temptress! Don't make eyes at me. I am weak!

    ARrhghg okay two questions:
    1) Can Sea of Clouds emulate the glow of Sweet Baby Jesus? I want to achieve that divine look without the divine parentage.

    2) How do the Succulence of Dew lipsticks compare to Surratt Lipsliques performance wise? I have already used up two lipsliques (Rubis & Hevny) and am curious about these RBRs. Jasmine Weighted Air is a lick of Spring on your bootiful face!

    Thank you in advance for your answers and that generous code!

    -Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^__~ *waggles my brows at you* *gives you eye ballz*

      1) I only have SoT & SoS. I confess to wanting SoC even though each bottle can last you 10 lifetimes. You only need a teeny tiny drop to get GLOWWWW. I heard SoC is very versatile. Kate Driveller from Drivel About Frivol often uses this as her one base product, no foundation and we know she looks like an angel. *grumble grumble* evil dark angel temptress SHE.

      2) Surratt has no scent, which is a plus in its favor. Wait, you used up TWO lipsliques?! I think Surratt has a slightly grippier formula and RBR sheer is lighter on the lips. My peccadile (though beautiful) is slightly patchy in application and I think its from catching on flakes, etc. But my Hevyn glides on like a dream. So I DON'T KNOW.

      :D

      Delete
    2. Josie,
      I just wore Hevyn again to make another mental reference and Hevyn is a bit more creamy in texture and cushier on the lips. JWA is much lighter on the lips and almost weightless. xoxo

      Delete
    3. Oh belly! Thank you so much for your detailed answers! That knowing smile at the end... D: It's as if you already know I am chucking SoC, JWA, and Sweet Dust Seriema into my basket. I might add Musings and Relish of Heaven as well. The lighter weight would be perfect for a greenhouse summer :/. GAH. See WOT YOU DO?!

      *blows snot bubbles* Although I am sad that Kate seems to have retreated into the mountains to practice darker magics, I am relieved that currently, I only need to fend off one of you, however unsuccessful that might be at times. COUGH. I am slacking in my studies of defense spells! And oh yea, those tiny lipsliques have nothing on a lipstick eater like me. I am almost done with my other three as well. Muha...mu...hahhahah - Josie

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you so much!!! It is a beautiful color!

      Delete
  13. I thought I was going loopy mate! Proper loopy!! See I have the old JASMINE WEIGHTED AIR and it is orange. I think I'd like this colour much more. Oh I agree with you on Raw Silence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES FOR RAW SILENCE! LOL, I think RBR is recycling some names some when compared to the old version, it DOES throw one for a loop. :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the code! I have so much RBR that I honestly can't imagine what I'd use it for...but I have the suspicion I'll come up with something. ;)

    The new JWA looks gorgeous on you. I'm awfully glad to hear the new formulation is less stinky. Whew, I found the old version a bit unpleasant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish RBR had more new things for me to immediately gobble up! I also own so much from the brand that it would be hard to indulge as I normally would like to do. The old version, I know, had some folks not so in love with the scent! It's a much more agreeable scent in this new incarnation I think. :DD

      Delete
  15. Oh, late to the party (I've been sick), but this is a gorgeous fuchsia. I'm gradually coming around, after not feeling the love for this shade.

    And nice discount offer! I love RBR... will need to pick up more Diaphanous Powder soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw!! I'm so sorry to hear you were sick. I hope you are completely recovered? I like that JWA doesn't need a lot of anything else to make it very playful and complete! No elaborate coordination of anything to make it work.

      And omg, I am running down on my powder, too! I must be snorting the stuff or something.

      Delete
  16. EEE, so pretty. But I don't need another lipstick ever ever ever. But pretty! That fuchsia! *__* I've never tried RBR so I won't be able to tell how the reformulation compares. Is a shame. Could have passed it off as a purchase FOR SCIENCE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think the scientific method allows for: 1) hmmm.... I hypothesize this shade is going to ROCK MY PANTS

      Hey, we have a good hypothesis, so now it is time to test it rigorously.

      Delete
  17. I just have Murmurings and Whim of Mine, and love them both! GAH AND 20%?! I'm dying a little here, though I suppose I have until August to decide to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love that the code expiration date is a few months off! You can think about splurging at another point.

      Delete
  18. A succulent staining lipstick?? Awwoohhhoooaawww... my lipstick drawer is about to explode!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the most colorful, luxurious explosion there will be! *AWAITS*

      Delete
  19. So pretty on you! And sounds like I'd like this formula too! I've never tried their lipstick but that code just might make me finally order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy! I'm looking forward to trying out the full color lipsticks soon, too. These new sheers are wonderful!

      Delete
  20. I also bought this one recently, its a gorgeous wearable pink! Too bad I didn't wait a bit so I could have used your AWESOME CODE (Thank you thank you thank you! So happy, will finally buy the diaphanous whatever thingy with it :) But I am loving the formula so maybe I can try another colour too. I also ordered Perfume of his Gaze along with JWA cause it looked weird and grey. It is weird and greyish but in a lovely way haha!


    Oh and that blush you are wearing... I am trying my mightiest best not to cave and order it now. It looked nice in the pan... but look at you! It looks stunning. Stunning. *runs away*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful things wait for no discount code! I have the Perfume one, too. I actually kind of love it! It is weird, and grey and taupe and brown. But PRETTY!
    THe blush is very nice, but nothing unique. I think the best thing about these SUQQU blushes is the texture and how it sits on the skin. I'm 99% sure you have the same color somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...