Sunday, February 1, 2015

THREE 4D Eye Palette in 03 Astro Girl

I just posted the other day about My Blue Heaven (here), and today we have up Astro Girl.  To me, it's the bright shade that seems to be the big draw of Party Monster, My Blue Heaven and Astro Girl.  And so it goes for me with this palette.
 Not so oddly enough, in the same way that the blue in My Blue Heaven was totally wearable and subtle, so is the pink in Astro Girl.
L to R: 01 Party Monster, 02 My Blue Heaven, 03 Astro Girl
Here are some swatches of 03 Astro Girl.
Same format as My Blue Heaven, one lightly pigmented glitter shade, one cream, one clear based & sparkly top coat, and satin powder shade.

The formula and application effect is very good.  The shades are all silky and applies well.  The high glitter shades apply with no issues with fallout and adhere well to my primed skin.

  • warm pink glitter shade with a translucent pink base.  there is a good bit of bright pink shimmer particles and sparse sprinkling of light blue.
  • cream shade is magically complex.  It looks a simple charcoal grey in the pan, but there is a profusion of warm pink and light golden micro-shimmer that gives it a warm tint.  And then lets throw in some pale green shimmer while we're at it.  Why not?
  • a sparkly top coat that is on a clear base and full of pale cool gold glitter.
  • cool satin brown with golden shimmer
The requisite out-of-focus picture.  Which, to tell the truth takes me fifty tries until I get one accidentally.

I showed before that the difference in getting the drama out of My Blue Heaven was to step into the light.  *giggle*  This intensifies the shimmer that runs through all the shades and lights up your eyes.  I did two looks to post today.  (Many face spam for which I am slightly sorries.  sorries slightly)
This is the same tulip placement as the one I featured for the other palette.  The cream shade is built up on the inner and outer portions of my upper lid as well as on the lower lash line.  The cool satin brown is layered over the cream as well as into the crease.  I patted the pink sparkle with a flat kolinsky paddle brush on the middle portion of my lid.  I think this showcases the pink shade best, when applied to stand by itself as opposed over any other of the shades.  The glitter top coat I patted to the center of my upper lid with my finger.

I have zero idea what the hell else I'm wearing on this face, because I took this pictures some days ago. And try as I might to commit the listing of nonsensical product names in my brain...
Not in any way crazy at all, right?

In the next look, I wore the shades layered.  I don't know what's going on with the hair blowing in the (non-existent) wind thing that is happening here.

I find this oddly reminiscent of Shiseido Luminizing Eye Trio in Pink Sands, except the tones are more wearable and warm for me.  In fact, something about the general translucency of the THREE makes it more flattering on me.
I actually do remember what other stuff I'm wearing:

  • Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick in 02 Pale Dune, Surratt Concealer (gwp), Rouge Bunny Rouge Diaphanous Powder, Guerlain Meteorites Perles in 01 Blanc de Perle
  • Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara
  • Edward Bess Bed of Roses Blush
  • SUQQU Bright Up Lipstick in 03 Barairo
This quad also does that SHIIIIIINE thing in direct natural light, but on the whole, the layered effect is very neutral and subtle.
Two for Two so far!  Yet another neutral eye palette.  What do you think of this one.  Would you pick up a palette with a hot pink color in it?

30 comments :

  1. That skin. Luminous. What skin products, Belly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so menny. so menny products. Do you mean makeup or skin care. makeup wise is the TF$ stick foundation, etc listed above, but for skincare I'm sticking firmly to my AmorePacific Time Reponse during the evening, Mandam Barrier Repair stuff during the day. I've been squeezing in the vitamin C stuff from Haba (as seen on Drivel About Frivol) in between steps and also when I am not using retin-A.

      Delete
  2. Love your tulip placements, I need to try that! The sparkle in this one is just so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika! The tulip one is nice for flatter eye lids, I think. Adds a nice dimension to the lids, so I like it a lot. The sparkles in the THREEs are out of this world. *__*

      Delete
  3. That is some next level MU skillz right there. Wow. The one time I tried smoky tulip placement I almost gave myself a real black eye when I stepped back to admire my handiwork and aghast at the results, tripped over my wee doggies and made the makeup suggestion a real thing almost. Sorcerer, you slay me! I am especially loving these THREE installations especially since I might have run through my lemmings of all things Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I have the yellow one coming right up. :D I think these creams are kind of fickle even though these fresh ones spread nicely. I have to place it, shape it, blend it. It's WORK! I reserve my THREEs for when I have extra face slather time. But truly, when they light up with the delicate shimmer in the light, they are really magical.

      Delete
  4. This palette with that placement is complete and utter perfection. Needless to say, I would totally buy something with a hot pink colour in it. I have a few already, but none are as pretty as this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so surprised at just how easy it is to wear this. I think I was expecting something a little bit more crazy, but combined with the translucency of the pink shade + my tendency to desaturate colors, this quad turns infinitely neutral. :) Have you wandered into your friendly THREE aisle yet, rach?

      Delete
    2. Wait, there's an entire AISLE somewhere filled with this sparkly goodness?!?!? Can I just spend the next week (or month...) of my life there?!?!?

      Delete
    3. My mind has also decided that "aisle" should be 'isle" for the sake of my little musings, and now I'm imagining a pristine island paradise where happy makeups are scattered everywhere like so many fallen flower petals. Where on earth does my mind come up with these things? I suppose I can claim insomnia, since it's nearly 2am, but that's probably not the whole of it. lol

      Delete
    4. It's winter time and brutal here. I would really like to be on an isle with sun, a beach, some sparkles, a cabana boy. :D Those are good 2AM thoughts.

      Delete
  5. I would love to try this out. This is something new to me. Having a hot pink with neutral colors is something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, it is a very pretty quad. :) Please report back and write in if you get to try these out.

      Delete
  6. I love this as well! I think the hot pink somewhat blends nicely with the other shades to make a semi-purply based smoke. Lovely. This beats any TF glitter shades hands down!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becomes a pinky taupe! Truly elegant glitters in these. :D

      Delete
  7. I would definitely pick a hot pink shade! I think I like Astro Girl more than My Blue Heaven, that pink is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J, how are you liking Star Guitar? :DDD

      Delete
  8. Both my blue heaven and astro girl looked amazing on you! I really enjoyed reading your posts! This is what I love about THREE 4D. It is neutral with a twist - I like the fact that I can wear interesting color on my lids, better yet these colors are totally wearable! Thank you for sharing - I think I have to try the tulip placement now:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ec for your comment and following along with these posts! They really do make these bright colors very wearable. Please do try the tulip! I hope you like it, too. It's a nice way to find an easy place to put the bright shade.

      Delete
  9. I can't believe I'm late to this. LOVE LOVE LOVE these posts. I think this is the one I'm most drawn to (though of course am also considering #1, forget what it's called - Party Monster?) These palettes are STUNNING.

    Except I've got this firm commitment not to outgrow my storage - which I already did, by one palette, since I was in London and suckered into buying two Suqqu quads instead of one. (Suqqu in person!!!!! It was thrilling. Imagining THREE in person practically causes hyperventilation.)

    Some things deserve exceptions to the rules, right?? I'm thinking I'll really love another of these first-gen palettes. (I love their versatility. And I haven't been so happy with the Sister Midnight one, because it isn't as layer-friendly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adele, aren't you glad you saw the Party Monster post? I don't love that one, but in the pan, and especially with the brights, these are so pretty. When I outgrew my storage, I added a second IKEA Alex. Is that bad? :P

      IN PERSON! Did you get to swatch and smear all teh things?!! That must have been delightful!

      Delete
    2. I didn't get to the base products - not enough time - and I overlooked the lipsticks because I think my Creamy Glows dry out my lips (boo), but the eyeshadows in person!!! And I had the sweetest SA help me - she was the opposite of a hard-sell SA, and she was SO NICE. I actually wasn't so impressed by the trios in person, but the quads were all so tempting! I got 15 and 16 and have depotted them (so easily, love that) into my now-full Z palette. Storage solved. Room for THREE now!

      Delete
    3. :) awww! Which counter did you get to go in London? London has too much of the SUQQU wealth. I wish they would DHL a counter over to this side of the pond, too. I love 15 & 16! I bet on your beautiful skin tone, these would be magical on you.

      Delete
    4. Selfridges! Honestly, it felt like a Macys. (Is that sacrilege??) But it has Suqqu and Shu! I had very little time, unfortunately, but it was a great experience. And I probably can't justify that big Shu spring eyeshadow palette, right? (Right?) Ha, I still want that one anyway... assuming the reviews are good!

      I wish Barneys or Bergdorf would start carrying Suqqu! Or even Beautyhabit!

      Delete
  10. I adore how you placed and layer the colors to create such a beautiful, dimensional look! You're killing me with all of these lovely quads! I think I'm falling in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maeve! A lot of these Japanese eye shadows are light on pigmentation but high on complexity. I find when I wear them, I get some of the most dimensional looks. :D These THREEs are in particular, very pretty.

      Delete
  11. Luuuuuurve!!!! Tulip placement!! That's something new to me, but i adore it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, have you watched the Jung Saem Mool videos on youtube? I think I saw her do these types of placements first and then heard the term tulip later. It's very nice for flatter eyelids, because they give the impression of more shape on the lids. And it does a nice job "featuring" the center color. :D

      Delete
  12. Amazing placement on the eyes! Will be stealing your genius!! AG is like a quiet, subdued cousin of the almightly sisters AoP and SG. Very pretty and totally wearable, but for it to work on me, I gotta use it as a quad and basically follow their plcement guide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their placement guide. Noodlies, where is it on line? I can't find it! But that standard THREE placement is very beautiful.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...