Friday, February 6, 2015

Surprising Implements

I've known good or great tools make a difference in many areas - be it makeup application with brushes or a great sharp knife with a well balanced handle and blade.

Here's another one that knocked me off my feet, the Tangle Teezer Compact Styler.  I don't do any hair related posts on the blog because generally I don't give two poops about my own.  But it is a big part of my life as a mom.  My two girls have beautiful silky straight hair and what the hell is it with little kids and crazy tangles?!  Immune to conditioner and detangling sprays, they emerge from showers, sleeping, and breathing with a rat's nest of tangled hair.  Combing wet or dry hair results in some tears, hurt feelings and running away as soon as they see me wielding a comb. 

I admit, on some days, I sent them off to school looking like they've been cuddling an electric socket with a paper clip. 

Yes, I am that mom.





 
I purchased this color Feline Groovy from Sephora (here - all links are not affliate links, fyi), opened up the clear plastic box it came in and held the palm sized brush in my hand.  I cowboy wrangled my big kid and while holding her down forcefully while she yelled "NOOOOOOoooOOOoo," and stroked the brush with its plastic variegated bristles through her hair.  I felt her go limp in my arms.  It wasn't with resignation of certain defeat - along with pulled out hair and tears, she turned around to face me and we both went "Woah."
We can have beautiful hair every day, mom.
Each subsequent strokes eased through tangles like a hot knife in butter (yum, did someone say butter?).  And then... hair, glossy untangled hair unfurled into beauty in front of my eyes.  And since the little Belly kid having heard of this miracle toy willingly also subjects herself to the brushing with the Tangle Teezer Compact Styler.
 
It also works with wet hair, too.  We have straight hair in my family, but I've also heard it works on curly hair as well.  My own hair is free of tangles, but THIS THIS IS A LIFESAVER for my kids!  I don't know if you tried this yet on your own spawn or on your own head, but if not, this is AMAZE-OMG-BYE-TANGLES!
 
I see my life now wide open with no tangles in front of it.  Praise be random Sephora cart fillers.  R'Amen.

30 comments :

  1. I very much feel your kids, I was that kid with perpetual tangles in my hair that cried 'Mom, don't brush me!' whenever she approached with a comb. I haven't tried the Tangle Teezer yet but I have the Wet Brush, and it works very well too - I still get a lot of tangles in my hair, especially at the nape of the neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your hair very fine, Monika? I think that's why the kids' hair tangles up so quickly. that, plus the crazy crazy running around all the time. I've not heard of the Wet Brush. Darn! I learn about these things too late. So many years of yowling kids!

      Delete
  2. That does it. I'm buying this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae, you must! I can not recommend this any stronger than I am right now. MUST MUST!

      Delete
  3. "R'amen"
    Now I want tasties. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this is hilarious! So glad to hear the nightmare is over! I love her hair by the way! So silky and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) the nightmare, it is gone. Oy, these little kids are blessed with such beauty and bounty!

      Delete
  5. "R'amen." LOL. Belly. You're my hero. Part of the reason I always have short hair is the dreaded tanglies. I'm one of your kids. No matter what I do, if my hair has any real length to it, POOF. ALL THE TANGLES. As it is I wake up looking like Doc Brown every morning...super duper cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D hehe, but you knit yourself a super super cute hat to compensate. my kids have no such knitting skills to cover up the shame of their mother.

      Delete
  6. Yup, the tangle teezer really is a gift from heaven! My hair tangles SOOOOOO easily no matter how careful I am and it is a total pain to untangle it with a regular comb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, yes yes! HALLELUJAH! I don't think I've been so throughly amazed by a THING in a long time... this includes anything and everything I've ever posted about on this blog! :D

      Delete
  7. Belly (tongue clicking...) shame on you for letting your kids suffered for this long. Look at Little Belly's glorious hair now.. :-DD No kidding, the Tod just went through his first round of head-lice scare in his school, all the girls came back the next morning with hair doused in "Fairy Tales" (the spray for lice, not the book), and no doubt that the sales of Tangle Teaser jumped up locally here. I mean seriously, even Tod's hair is like cornsilk, prone to massive tangle (I even had to cut his one time when he rubbed PlayDoh in his hair..). His hair may look cute messy, but actually, I used my Tangle Teaser on him, too (well, it is a dupe of Tangle Teaser, avail from Walmart).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tut tut tut! I KNOW! :D I figure, best to let the kids not cry rather than to wrangle them down for a tearful brushing, right? :) That's my big belly kid. She really does have thick glorious hair. Unbelievable the amount of hair she has! SO MUCH TO BRUSH! :((((

      Little Todler Lorp! Poor kid. Did he go through treatment, too? My kids (and me when I was a kid) have gotten chewing hum stuck in hair... also requires a snippity snip. :) I didn't realize there was a dupe available! that is awesome. More kids require less pulling and crying.

      Delete
  8. Oh no!! You're that mom!!!!! But hey *high 5* I'm that mom too. HAHAHAHAHA!!
    Both my daughters have tangles too. I have no idea why because that's definitely not in my genes :-P Chloe (7) has thick straight hair while Ashlyn's (5) is softer with curls. They try to hide when I'm with a hair brush too... LOL! I can totally relate to this post. I should get me one or two of these :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hangs head* YES! *HIGH 5* Lily, you totally need this (or some dupe). Your kids will thank you for it. :)

      Delete
  9. This is the only brush Ican bring myself to use; always haaaaaated having my hair brushed or combed (ugh, whyy mum, whyyy?) and even now, I just don't see the point of scalp torture when I can swoop in with this and just be done in like 30 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mum just wanted you to be presentable!

      Ha, you're another fan of this brush! I will never make my kids cry over hair detangling ever again!

      Delete
  10. OMG!!! One thing I am sure about.......Gotta have one of these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kinda squealed when I saw this in Korea, before it became a Must Buy in Taiwan. It is magiks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... ponders what one can do for long-haired doxies with one of these.

      Delete
  12. Ramen!!!! ROFL! I loved reading this post, Belly! And yes, I can attest to said Tangle Teezer... i never gave a damn how many strands i pull out each time i brush my Medusa-hair, but ever since 1 of these things landed in my hands, it was like woah. And my lil bub took to combing his own hair with it too, sometimes his face too. Never once he screamed and ran away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tangle Teezer! PRAISE PRAISE! Combing his face. LOL! so cute!

      Delete
  13. You are so funny and fun to read! I was a curly tangled mess as a child--wish we'd had these back then. Your lucky kids are benefitting from some seriously advanced technology. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) All this innovation makes such a meaningful difference in our lives. Let's all praise weird fine little bristles that slice through tangles as it does. :DD

      Delete
  14. Haha when I was a kid my sister and I faced brushing as a test of strength, who can hold in the tears longer?
    Now I don't even brush my hair... But my excuse is that I get it permed, and brushing frizzed the curls up and makes me loose them faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D heheh, that is some brute test of strength there. Maybe I should have hung in a little longer with my kids so that they look a bit more presentable but MANNNN, little kids are so whiney.

      Delete
  15. LOLOL for randome Sephora cart fillers!!! Ugh I really wish this had worked for my hair. Boo. Happy to hear it works in your household though!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this too lol. yay for butter and tangle free minis lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...