Friday, February 13, 2015

Am Turning Yet Another Another Year Older

For all of you romantic, sentimental folks gearing up to enjoy the chocolates, red hearts, and red lipsticks of Valentine's Day, I hope you enjoy!  And all the others feeling iffy about a contrived Hallmark holiday, may this Saturday be like any other: full of beer, burps and burritos.  Wait, that's my usual Saturday.

I'm not quite sure what your normal Saturday is, if I'm being honest.  I can guarantee when you see a Peeping Tom in your bedroom window, it's not me!  Honest!  *slowly backs away from window*

It's not MY regular Saturday tomorrow, rather it is my birthday!  While I would normally hope for beer, burps and burritos on most Saturdays, I plan on enjoying it with my family.  *looks sullenly around*  I hope there is beer?

The sucky thing about my birthday being on Valentine's Day is that it is nigh impossible to get a dinner reservation and it's always some over-inflated (price-wise) prix fixe menu.  So in honor of day before my birthday, my husband is taking me out tonight, where I can order a la carte to my hearts content.

Here's my face for the day.  I was hoping it would last until this evening.  It's like -20F with windchill this morning and on the way to work, I kept on tearing up and pretty much all my makeup dissolved off my face.  Must reapply clown face this evening.

I'm on a serious spate of love addiction for these duochrome LE palettes from SUQQU from a while back.

Eyes: SUQQU Ex 11 Sumiredama, THREE Flash Performance Eyeliner in 08 Eye On, Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara.
Cheeks:  SUQQU Momoshuiro blush
Lips: SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipstick in 06 Umegasumi
Base:  the usual (Tom Ford Stick, RBR powder, Surratt concealer)
I've actually worn this more than one day this week.  (three times, achtuallree)  I get stuck into "ruts."  This picture shows the duochrome shifty goodness of Sumiredama better, don't you think?  With so many high-sheen, duochrome shades in this palette, with not a single matte to ground it down, I find this palette kind of tricky to use.  With no thoughts of refined placement, I basically used a simple vertical gradient (dark to light, some of the pale shade to highlight the center of lid) over a black liner.

And then yesterday, I broke out Sumiredama's sister palette, EX-12 Hisuidama.  I defined the eyes with my trusty, handy dandy, Tom Ford liner in Espresso and applied the brown around the upper and lower lashlines and used the green on the mobile lid and under the lashline.  I then applied the pink above the green and towards the brows.  I used the white on the inner corner.  (SUQQU Usuzakura blush & SUQQU Bright Up in Hanabeni)


And Coming Up:
I am trying to show you some recent goodies from SUQQU Spring 15.  Unfortunately, the endless snow, the clouds, the lazy... *throws up hands*  Those to follow soon, too.

In the Meanwhile:

Please help me celebrate my birthday!  Yes, I had no idea 42 can be full of so much beer and gas.  It's all downhill from here.  *soft rumbly burp*

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!  And hope each a wonderful, fun and restful weekend.

<3
Belly
 

41 comments :

  1. Aww happy birthday, Belly! It's a great idea to go out tonight instead of tomorrow. I won't be doing that for the same reason! Love the look as well as the fluffy scarf! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you, Sunny! Hope your weekend was awesome!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Belly! It's my birthday today!!!!!!!! Who knew our birthdays were a day apart! Apparently you are sweeter than I am since I couldn't stay in the womb a day longer to make the V-Day cut! Have a lovely day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm pretty sure we're the east coast - west coast version of the same person. :D Hope your weekend was wonderful and that you had a wonderful and celebratory birthday, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Belly from Greece! Aw ! LOL you are Aquarius, like me! (2 of Feb)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Us water-bearing people! We rock! I hope your birthday was happy! :D <3

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Belly! I hope you had a great birthday. I don't ever eat on on Valentines Day, prices are over inflated and the food sucky. We prefer to cook at home and eat to our hearts content. I love the smokey looks you did, makes me regret not getting Sumiredama. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating out on Valentine's Day is the pits! :) I hope you had a great weekend cooking and enjoying time with you family and kitties.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! I've got a family lunch tomorrow (people are in from waaaay far away, so must be done regardless of horrible day to do so) so I will think of you while I'm eating my horribly priced over cooked meal. I hope your dinner tonight was much much better! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Rach, I hope the food and family time was fun! :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Belly! May there be more blogs also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. Yes. Suquu Spring please. Do you think these palettes have colors like Ex22, the 8 color palette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! More SUQQU coming right up! I just posted EX-25 and yes, there's some very distinct similarities to the Murasakusuishou!! Hope you check the post out.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday, you sweet valentine thing, you! Have a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) Thank you so much, L.P.! It was a bit of a dud of a weekend, but much wonderful family time and lots of presents.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday! Lovely makeup looks :) I love those palettes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you so much, L! Those are crazy neat palettes from the brand. Hope they do some more crazy duo chromes.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday my dear, sweet Belly! I hope you have a wonderful day and that all your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes, Jenny! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and great weekend.

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday Sissy, 42 looks great on you ;) I loved Suqqu Spring 2013 was an awesome collection, and you were all of it so well, absolutely beautiful.

    Hope your day is as amazing as you are, Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! I think Belleh Day would be a much nicer holiday to celebrate than Valentine's. Something all about tasty food and giving pretty makeup-y gifts to people you love. Much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belleh Day also includes lots of smoked pork products. Beer, Bacon, Makeup... why, that would make the most romantic holiday-- minus the burps.

      Delete
  13. Haaaaaappy biiiiiiirthdaaaaaay tooooo yoouuuuuuuuu!

    Love the look. You're making me regret purging Sumiredama, because it's so beautiful on you. Ultimately, though, like you said, it wasn't such a functional palette for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D HAPPEEE BIIIIIRTHDAY TO MEEEE! Thank you, Adele!
      The lack of textural variety is something you really feel in Sumiredama. It was a good purge, Adele. I love the palette, but lack the gumption to wear it regularly because placements always take a good bit of head scratching.

      Delete
  14. Happy Birthday, Belly!! You look *awesome* seriously.. hope weather is getting warmer and all the Bellies are on the mend from all the maladies and such. <3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! We are in the throes of more cold blasts from the arctic with SNOWS! :) My little Belly girl is all better, just sniffly & congested from her weird 24 hour viral thing. Is your home all healthy now, too?

      Delete
  15. I'm always wondering if having your birthday on a holiday makes your birthday more special, or less special because it gets jumbled with all of the other stuff going on. ANYWAY, You look gorgeous (as always)! Hope you had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Maeve! :) I say less speshul if it falls on Christmas. Those people always get shafted with just ONE present.

      Delete
  16. Hope you had a happy birthday and a nice dinner out, Belly! :) By the way, love the stormy blues + beautiful scarf combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annamaria! I love that scarf, too. It is shearling and not completely decorative. It's freakin' cold here these days.

      Delete
  17. Happy Birthday Belly, you beautiful thing, you!!! Look at all deh prettyyyyy *insert 42 heart-eyed emojis* Keep on celebrating for the rest of the month I say :)
    Also, I covet thy Sumiredama like a very very Sumiredama-hungry Gollum. Why why whyyyyyyyyyy.
    Crap, do I need EX-25?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello CAT! Sends you 42 lipstick-red kisses emoji. I do quite enjoy my Birthday Month. Really, it's a gift that keeps on giving... literally.

      Do you have EX-21? If so, I think you can safely pass on 25.

      Delete
  18. Awww.... 42 gorgeous years, Belly!!! And here's to plenty more!!!! Hope you had a wonderful beer-filled burpy Valentine's Day, from now on it'll be known as Belly-day! Loved what you did with DA HAIR!! I need to break out my Sumiredama again.... i had a massive fail when I first tried it, and stuck it into a dark corner ever since. Can't wait to see the rest of the spring stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my hot-off-the-hot-curlers look in the first set of pictures. :) I had a nice birthday and weekend and i hope you & hubby also enjoyed a lovely Valentine's.
      Sumiredama is so striking, but those shades with all the duochromes & sheen all over the place is hard to place easily, right?

      Delete
  19. A belated Happy Birthday to you Belleh!! 42 and so so beautiful! No one Suqqu-tempts me more than you do! Sumiredama looks incredibly gorgeous and flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're around the same age :) and truly, it just keeps getting better. Particularly when I chant it often enough GRIN happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very belated, but very happy birthday to you!!!! You look gorgeous, as always :-) Hope you had lots of yummies...perhaps something involving bacon?!!! Big hugs and smooches to you!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...