Monday, January 26, 2015

CHANEL Le Vernis Nail Colour in 645 Paradisio

I haven't been a big CHANEL nail polish fan because they tend to chip on me pretty much immediately.  I do pick up a new bottle every once in a while, because they produce such pretty shades.  Summer 2013's beautiful Azuré was sad.

Never one to let bad experiences teach me a lesson, I purchased the pretty multi-chrome Sweet Star this fall and now Paradisio from Spring.  Hmmm, mulling back on my Chanel nail polish purchases, it seems I have a sweet spot for metallic or pearly weirdo colors.
Interesting color, this Paradisio from Spring 2015.  Even more interesting still is that my recent purchases have been acting more agreeably with my nails.  It's not as if I changed my nail routine in a long time (Rescue Beauty Lounge stuff), but lately, they've been adhering well to my nails as well as remaining chip free for days.  I mean... mind blown.  This could be the start of a beautiful relationship.
As for Paradisio itself, it is a pale pearl with a faint yellow green tinge.  It reminds me of a mono-toned version of the inside of an oyster shell and also with the same shine.  It goes on slightly streaky and sheer with the first coat, and then near opaque with the second coat you see here.  A third coat would be fully opaque, but I like the delicate look of two thin coats.

These pearl finished nail polishes have a tendency to show brush strokes and it is the case here.  But steady strokes, going at a good clip seem to produce reasonably clean results.
I can see how Paradisio, with its suggestion of pale green can be so right for Spring.  But I like this pale tone for winter.

Hello, pretty.
Chip, damnit CHIP.  I can't afford this new love thing happening, rippling through my credit cards, wrecking my wallet.
Anything from Chanel Spring 2015 collection capturing your eye?

13 comments :

  1. So, apparently I read somewhere the secret to no-chip Chanel n/p is the top-base coat combination. Mine is DL hydrating base + either Chanel's own Top or CND Super Shiney, all applied within one minute of each other (not fully dry yet to the touch). Some other blogger out there mentioned about another top-base coat combo that involved Seche Vite (which I'm not a fan of). What top-base combo do you use? This color is nice on you!

    This year's chanel doesn't really wow me that much, but I just got Dior Lady, which is an excellent formula and nude color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of makes sense on the top-base thing. I also tried the Chanel top & base to same effect. These days I am using the prep, base & top all from Rescue Beauty Lounge. Usually I repurchase & use the same things over and over for a while, but have tried various Guerlain, OPI, Essie, etc. In any case, I'm glad for whatever reason the polish is working better for me!

      Dior Lady! I totally have my eyes on that one. Looks like a gorgeous pinky nude!

      Delete
  2. I think Chanel has quietly improved its formula... some of the Les Rouges Cultes lasted phenomenally on me (i mean 3 days) whilst their regular ones chip instantly. I just wished they would change their brush too! Paradisio really does look v pretty and delicate on you! It's next up on my list to try.... right now nails are pretty goth for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I wonder if they DID change something!!! Isn't it funny when we think 3 days is phenomenal? I have some polishes that go close to a week with just tip wear! I like goth all year round, too! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this! I thought I was the only one with CHANEL nail polish problems! I have purchased a few bottles intermittently over the years and have had the same results with all-chips pretty instantly. I use base and top coat and have tried different brands, usually OPI, Essie, Seche Vite or Deborah Lippmann. For $30, it should stay on my nails longer than 24hrs! As much as I love the shades they put out, I simply gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You with the Chanel, too?! D: For $30 we do need for them to be amazing. For what its worth, my Rescue Beauty Lounge prep, base & top seems to be working pretty nicely now.

      Delete
    2. me too belly. i can't apply it good and it looks like poop in a day. I purged the few I had a while back. But gosh, now i want to pay attention to them again? o.O

      Delete
  4. I've had good luck with Chanel creams, but the shimmers are hit or miss.
    Why you be tempting me so, Belleh?? I passed on this because I was hoping for a much minty greener shade...but it looks wonderful on your nails. Noooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE RIGHT NOODLIES! It's always the shimmer/metallics that have been so cruddy on me. I wonder if those are generally tougher formulas to get right. I tempt you because I tempt myself with my spineless weakness.
      It's not minty at all, is it? I kind of like it a lot!

      Delete
  5. HA! I think this is one of my all-time favorite blog lines: "Never one to let bad experiences teach me a lesson..." Thanks for the chuckle. :) (Sadly, I'm just the same way! I hoard makeup, including stuff I don't like, because if I don't I'll simply buy it all again a year later when I say to myself, "Hmmm, why didn't I like that? I bet it's actually great...")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Makeup samesies. With same short memory issues.

      Delete
  6. The only thing that I bought from the Spring '15 collection was the "La Romanesque" lipstick. Beautiful, velvety fuchsia goodness! :-P

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...