Friday, November 14, 2014

Swatch Set - Surratt Surrealiste Skin Concealer

Just a super quick set of all the shades of the Surratt Surrealiste Skin Concealer.  Top row (L to R) shades 1, 2, 3, 4.  And bottom row, (L to R) 5, 6, 7, 8.

As a reference, the shade I featured in my more comprehensive post is 4.  Funny how clearer the colors reveal them to be when shown in the context of other colors!  It looks even more cooler than the neutral shade I reported. :)  The back of my hand is also a tick or so darker than my inner arm, probably NC20-25.

Shade 1 registers as almost paper white against my skintone, but is slightly pink cast.
Shade 2 is a pale warm shade
Shade 3 is a warmer toned light shade
Shade 4 is a light to light medium neutral (to cooler) shade
Shade 5 is a warm (slight olive) medium shade
Shade 6 is a peach toned medium shade
Shade 7 is a meidum, very orange toned medium shade.
Shade 8 is the odd ball in the context of the rest of the range.  It is the darkest and very warm toned and much darker than 7

This shade range would work well for the very pale to medium skin tones (and that one darker one), but isn't a comprehensive assortment that represents the deeper skin tones well.  I am pretty darn useless for knowing the MAC values of any shade too pale or too dark compared to my own.  Sorries.  :(  I'm so glad I am not in the business of matching real people to foundation shades.  Oompa Loompa for everyone!

Happy Friday!

10 comments :

  1. the texture looks nice. the olive isn't quite olive enough for me though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olives have it tough when it comes to finding the perfect complexion shades. :(

      Delete
  2. Impressed! I think not a lot of concealer/foundation goes quite yellow/warm esp toward paler shade. In fact, I think I can use shade 2 with good match, just by looking at it shade 4 is actually quite pink! Thanks for the swatch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what is impressing me one more time? Tom Ford Foundation stick in Pale Dune (2). It is yellow, pale and so nice for my sad dry skin now that it is cold.
      But shade 2 is very pale and quite yellow. I was really impressed. :) I'm glad you found the swatches useful.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the swatch. I'm guessing I'm a shade 3, because it's light and yellow-ish. I should check this out the next time I'm in Singapore :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sg! Yes, I hope you get to check out the counter soon, Lily!

      Delete
  4. Yay to the decent range of shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad range for the pale ones. :) Kind of a big dud for the darker toned folks though.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think Kate thought the color of the pale was ok, but really hated the texture. Does this halps?

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...