Saturday, November 22, 2014

SUQQU Blend Color Eye Shadow in Sakurakaba 05

Are you new to this blog?  If so, you may not know that I have a complete and total obsession for SUQQU eye shadow palettes.  Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs level of obsession.  And if you are old hat to these silly parts, you might also be same in preoccupation.  *pets your silly head*
I've purchased many a new things recently.  *cough*  So why choose to show this, which is one of the older eye shadow quads from the Japanese brand?  While the new ones from the brand are beautiful and shimmery and covetable, these old ones have such a special place in my heart.  I think my heart is not a right normal organ, mostly I think it is full of shiny plastic cases, and pumps glitter.  And as it beats, it also sends a loud message of: "BUY IT GET IT BUY IT GET IT BUY IT GET IT."

Alrightie then.
Unlike the shimmer on shimmer on shimmer compositions of the new trios and quads from SUQQU's recent releases, Sakurakaba heels close to the old white matte base, dark matte, lighter high shimmer and one satin format.  Looks kind of boring in the pan.  And though I've collection pretty much all the older quads one through six (purged dry icky Kokedama), this one kept on falling out of proverbial shopping cart.

I do my near daily penance for my short sighting shopping by wearing this often.

Clockwise from the top right:
  • pale, shimmery peachy pink
  • a mid-tone satin peach with cooler shimmer, slightly rust in cast
  • a warm white matte base shade
  • a very dark, deep and gorgeously matte color that is a plum brown
Thank you, Pan, for allowing this old quad to still be available from time to time in the UK.
Thank you, cold Sunlight, that plays with the pale shades and brings out the happy shimmers.
Thank you, Bizarro Belly Skin, that turns most colors taupe.  The three colors (no base shade) turns into a layers shade of complex purply grey taupe.
This palette in particular pleased and surprised me with just how pigmented the matte plum brown shade is.  All the shades are particularly smooth and applies delicately, but with some good level of oomph.  
I am wearing it as a very simple smokey gradient, which is my preferred Lazy Belly easy way of placing the shades in the older SUQQU quads.  Basically dark matte close to the lash line and smoked, deep peach layered above it and slightly past the crease, and the light shade layered on top of the whole thing and applied higher up the lid.
In this look, I am wearing:
  • Tom Ford Traceless Stick Foundation in Pale Dune
  • Surratt concealer under eyes and around nose (here & all colors swatched here)
  • Rouge Bunny Rouge Impalpable Finishing Powder (here)
  • SUQQU Sakurakaba
  • SUQQU Akanemizu EX-03 blush
  • SUQQU Bright Up lipstick in Akaanzu (here)
  • Guerlain Cils D'Enfer Maxi Lash waterproof mascara
  • SUQQU brow palette in Moss Green (here)

And thank YOU, Belly Blog Reader, that enjoys a good sparkle-sauce as much as I do and allow me to share our mutual obsession here.

Has a recent purchase of an older product completely knocked your socks off?  Let's share the old shiny happy things!

24 comments :

  1. I take back everything I said about brown palettes. This is beyond lovely. Time to stalk Selfridges or Fenwick (I remember reading that they got some exclusive quad).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mizuaoi! That be #8. I think Fenwick had this for a split second with the opening of their counter.
      http://drivelaboutfrivol.blogspot.com/2012/01/suqqu-blend-eyeshadow-quad-08-mizuaoi.html
      I'm kind of glad I never did get a hold of that one. The colors are much too cool and icy to work on my skin tone. Looks gaaaaaawwwwwjus on Kate, ofc!

      Delete
  2. Gasp! This is so beautiful on you! You really suit the browny purple eyes, love eet!
    My most recent purchase of an oldie is a rosy nude CdP Rouge Eclat Confort lippie, my lips just love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Ah! You are so very sweet! Thank you, noodlies. CdP, why, how very very luxe of you! ;)

      Delete
  3. This palette is fantastic! Although I wish there was another more medium brown than the three light shades! However that pinky taupe is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharlynn. The pale white is just a base/primer shade and not meant to be a color. So these old quads are more like a trio. The medium shade would be the resulting layer in practice for me as I tend to wear all the colors layered on top of each other. That taupe is so pretty!

      Delete
  4. Haha, I almost never buy new releases. Only a few of the new-to-me products this year were actually new for 2014. But if I get the thrill of newness from them, what does it matter? I love the magical taupe produced by the three layered shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* yes, the thrill is still quite strong whenever you buy! I was completely befuddled when I saw that layered taupe. So weird and very delightful shade.

      Delete
  5. This camera you use enhance your makeup look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macro lens I am using much of the time is nice at picking up all the details in the makeup. :) But the bright lighting seems to be the most helpful, I think, since it does a number is bringing out all the beautiful fine shimmers.

      Delete
    2. Wondering about that too, I can't seem to take photos of what I did to my eyes... The colors get washed out. Might try using the macro-mode. Hopefully that helps, my camera's a point-and-shoot.

      Delete
    3. Rae, I tend to take face pictures with lots of bright natural light, and generally not with it straight in my face. That always enhances the textures on the eye makeup, plus the macro lens.

      Delete
  6. Wow. I'm speechless. Definitely one of my favorite looks on you ever!!! You look so beautiful, Belly. That dark plummy brown pulls all the other shades together. Darn you though - now you've added another Suqqu product to my wishlist, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY THANK YOU! :) I regret having passed on this quad for so long. Honestly the pictures of the pans aren't all that inspiring -- the magic seems to occur when applied, which is really the best makeup magic of all. Sooooo, when are you finally going to pull the trigger on a Suqqu?

      Delete
    2. I have to concur, you look the best ever. Definitely a quad that hides its light under a bushel....until you put it on yo eyes!

      Delete
    3. :) Thanks Unpaletteable! These warm tones are totally right up my alley. Seriously, this baby needs to be applied to be believed.

      Delete
  7. whoa, when i saw the image on twitter I had NO IDEA that's what the base shades looked like. Love love love this look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that so weird? I've seen swatches and pan pictures before, but am completely over the moon over how pretty it is applied. *waves fingers* MAGICAL MAGIC.

      Delete
  8. Ah, a post after my own heart :) Such a beautiful palette, Belly, and you wear it so well! It's like some kind of wonderful plummy sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Annamaria! Much thank you! That plum in particular is just... AH! SO PURDY!

      Delete
  9. Aaahhh belly, how is it that mattes and browns look so good on you? Really gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Browns, teh oranges, the pooh shades are generally right up my alley. ;)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. :) thank you so much, Dain. It's a wonder what amazing things flattering colors can do to a face.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...