Friday, August 1, 2014

KIKO, SUQQU and Other Things

I was recently in Garden State Plaza where a KIKO, the Italian cosmetics brand opened a free-standing store in the States.  They've been open about 4 months now and since have also opened a location in the Woodbridge Mall.  Both locations are in New Jersey and do not take telephone orders.  The SA thought didn't have a time frame for when the web shop would start to take orders.  Having heard about the large range and high quality at affordable price points, I was really excited to check them out.  I'm afraid I might have frightened the nice SA with my relentless and unbound enthusiasm for swatching and smearing.  And truth be told, by the time I left (with shopping bag, of course), I had a crazed look in my eyes and drunk on KIKO.
While my look into KIKO was productive and exciting, I went to the shopping mall with the specific reason -- take a look at the Chanel Dentelle Precieuse and try it on.  I mentioned how I was dying to own this highlighter but I wanted to really make sure this was going to be worth the high price tag.
Well I did try it on.  It wasn't in stock at this particular Nordstrom location (and WOAH!  Out of stock on line, too!) but the tester was there.  And boy, was it beat up.  The exquisite lace embossing was completely worn away.  I did get to play with it for a long time and applied it on my face.  While the SA was kind to offer to locate it for me in the stores, I declined.  I realized that though the product was really a lovely wearable golden highlighter, what appealed to me most was the lace design.  I would likely never use this up and I'm sure getting to the point where I was starting to wear away at the pattern would be a big bummer for me.  If I am honest with myself, I would just lose interest and it would sit in the drawer.  Ugh.  Watch me regret not buying this a few months from now and angrily look through eBay listings.

It was a productive week though, makeup wise.

The Guerlain counter at Neiman Marcus had just set up pristine new display of the new Kiss Kiss lipsticks.  I picked up one.  I regret that my supreme laziness once again inhibited my ability to swatch all the shades for you.  No first thoughts really, but some nice colors.

The mascara on the other hand is the one Driveller has been recently featuring in her posts, the Guerlain Cils D'Enfer Maxi Lash waterproof mascara.  This mascara makes me ponder if it is possible to have lashes that are too dramatic!  Is such a thing even possible?

The other beauty thing on my mind of course is the impending release of the SUQQU AW collection.  Japan releases on 8/8 and UK a few weeks after.

Tomoko tweeted some pictures of the upcoming collection.  It looks UK release is 8/21.  Give Tomoko a follow!



Lately there seems to be a very limited quantities when new releases hits the counters.  It's hard to tell if the things you might like would actually make it online at Selfridges.com.  If some of the last LE items were any indicator, on line ordering might not be the most successful way of going about to get one of these things.  You may pre-order and reserve by calling the counter directly: +44-20-7318-3956  (LONDON); +44-161-838-0605 (MANCHESTER).  I haven't ordered directly from the counter in a long time, but I have heard that they still do telephone orders even though on line ordering is now available.  The shipping charges are higher than the £25 on line shipping charge.

Well guys, how has YOUR beauty week been?


22 comments :

  1. KIKO! How fabulous!

    I've been wanting some of their eyeshadow sticks for ages, but no US availability means I bought by Terry instead... Not that I'm complaining! I still do want Kiko though. I wish they took phone orders!

    Guerlain fall looks fabulous. I want lipsticks and eyeshadow quads and... a whole lot of stuff. I don't know the release date but I've been checking Nordstrom 3+ times a week since July 1...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I've been buying the By Terry, too but these are so much less expensive. But right away, I can tell these feel drier than the Ombre Blackstars. I think eventually KIKO will expand enough for it to start showing up in more malls and hopeful the website will open for selling!

      I saw the Guerlain fall at Bergdorf! They look GORGEOUS!! YES!

      Delete
  2. Wow KIKO...I'm so jealous!

    I've heard so many great things and there are no stores near me (live in Canada)...

    My friend brought me back nail polishes from this brand when she was in EU and man those are pretty nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velveteen Rabbit, you have a lovely blog. Thank you for taking time to comment.
      I only lusted KIKO from afar, so I was so excited to be able to see it in person. It is a makeup lover's PLAYLAND in there!!! :)

      Delete
  3. The last time I order in May this year the shipping charge was the same. But I paid $52 to DHL for custom in addition and my order was held up as I sated earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( You had a rather terrible experience ordering from them, I know!

      Delete
    2. This is the best blog site to find out about the latest with Suqqu n other Japanese brands.
      I found out Suqqu was selling in the UK #1-6 here. Too bad about the custom charges.

      Delete
    3. Yes, those old quads are no longer DC'd and are UK exclusives. It looks like Fenwick in London is also going to stock the brand this week. Not sure they are shipping internationally though.

      Delete
  4. Just to confirm, telephone pre-ordering at the Manchester counter is still possible as I did it this morning. I didn't have to pay and had my item reserved. I can pick it up on the day once they give me a call. Customers are only allowed 1 of the exclusive fall items, and a maximum of 3 other items from the fall collection.

    The release dates in the UK are different for each counter - London 21st August, Manchester 28th. In the Manchester store they also have a promo event where you can get a gankin massage followed by a fall collection makeover for £40 - redeemable upon purchase instore. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa! I heard Fenwick is also going to stock SUQQU this week! WHY ARE YOU BRITS SO FECKING LUCKY??!!! Can't you all just sure some counters with us poor folks in the US? EHHHH?

      And thank you so much for the helpful information!!! I did pre order the 21?

      Delete
  5. Trust me, you won't regret the Chanel highlighter. It was released in Canada much earlier on and the beat-up testers turned me off completely. Never thought twice about it, even with the recent raves.

    KIKO sounds exciting. I would have sported crazy eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KIKO!!! O___O Those yums be MINE!!!!

      Ugh! I hope I don't regret the Chanel. I would really hate to feel pangs of LE regret later on, because that would suck.

      Delete
  6. KIKO envy I has its!!!! Can't wait to read about what you picked up! I think that 8 colour suqqu quad is gonna push my WANT over the edge and break me.. (Though it kinda reminds me of Guerlain's crazy paris palette, which I dont have)
    My week has been about Armani's fall collection, but over the weekend I'm gonna go check out the new Dior palettes, mainly Trafalgar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KIKO KIKO!!! I was envious too until I walked in here! I actually picked up very boring things. Those 4 shadows are matte blending shades, but they felt nice. We'll see how they wear.
      I pretty much know I have to have that SUQQU 8-color palette, just because 8, you know, a good luck number and...uh...SUQQU. :)
      The Dior palettes are looking pretty spectacular! Can't wait to hear more about them!

      Delete
  7. So many pretties. I want the Suqqu Trios more than the 8 pan for some reason. I noticed I buy a lot less things if I go to the store haha. Oddly enough there is a Korean cosmetic store here that carries some Shu, Jill Stuart, Peripera, Tony Moly, Etude House, K-palette, other DS brands and so on and not marked up insanely, I walked out $18 poorer. I spent way more in Daiso next door lol.

    Btw, loving the Surratt lipsticks but the Rubis won't twist back down, SO said he's sorry he broke it. It also looks nothing like Guerlain RA Liu on me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trio color combinations are more interesting, I think. I think all those shades (the trios and 8's) are pearl finish - like the Spring releases. I really do wish there were some mattes thrown in there for the heck of it. You would think with 8 shades SUQQU can generously throw in a matte or two.

      *bops SO on the head* Doesn't he know that's a RUBIS?! *HUFF*

      Delete
  8. Oooo a new candy store you lucky girl!!! Can't wait to read what you think about those Kiko shadows, they sure look like colors I would have chosen for myself! Guerlain's new Kiss Kiss, yeah I'll have to get one for sure. Like Liz said, Chanelle Dentelle Précieuse did come out early spring here and although the tester I swatched still had bits of the pattern I just couldn't justify buying it mainly because I don't use highlighters that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang highlighters are always the most beautiful products, but seriously, how many pans of those things does a crazy person actually need? RITE?? >:((( The KKs look very intriguing!

      Delete
  9. OMGeeee this looks like so much fun!!! How cool to be able to let loose in a store like that that's not readily available everywhere else! I want to try that Guerlain mascara too...I've seen it reviewed on several blogs and in videos and everyone seems to love it and have fantastic results with it. And Suqqu Fall...I think nothing else needs to be said LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally like a candy store! SO MUCH TEH COLOR ALL OVER THE PLACE! I really had a fun time.

      Delete
  10. KIKO nail polish are the best. Cheap, a thousand colors, great quality. The dry/wet eyeshadows (the ones with a wave pattern) are also very good. Other than that (at least here in Europe) the real gems are found in the seasonal collections, and they usually get even cheaper when they go on sale after a few months. If the little cream eyeshadow pots show up, grab them - I have eight already and the quality rivals brands three times more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really regret that I didn't pick up a yellow cream nail polish! I was thinking that I would never wear that but when I got home I realized, I REALLY WANT DAT! There were a few seasonal things on sale and next time I will need to check those out in person. Thank you so much for the product recommendations, too!! So excited to have KIKO accessible to me!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...