Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Third Half Assed Post (is that 1.5 Asses?)

If you hadn't noticed over on the left (whoops) right side with all my labels, I started a a Half Assed one which is compiling all these recent looks as I trundle through all my Suqqu eye shadow palettes.

Half Assed seems pretty accurate wording for how I am with this blog these days.  Thanks for continuing to come here to read and commenting!  I feel like I am not holding up my end of this bargain: you come and I write & take nice pictures!

Here's another Half Assed post.  I am now on to 06 Ginbudou, which is a beautiful non-taupe, non-brown neutral palette.  This is a beautiful colored set of a moody deep purple, charcoal grey and elegant gold. 

06 Ginbudou

In this closeup, I hope you can see some details despite the poor photo quality and dim lighting.  I used the white base all over.  The gold was used as the main lid shade and along lower lash line.  I used the charcoal on my socket line.  I then used the purple to make a thick (but applied lightly) along my upper and lower lash lines and added into my inner corner to add some depth and shape.

I used the THREE Flash Performance Liner in Prettiest Star (LE from Winter 2013) close to my upper/lower lash line to add some bright visual interest.
I resisted my normal urge to layer the shades and smoke out using the purple.  It gives a more delicate, but defined look to my eyes this way, which I am pleased with.  The overall shape is more rounded rather than the winged-shaped looks I've been recently doing.
I've picked up a lot of color on my face these past two or so weeks.  There's many softball games to attend, much sitting by the pool to do and much weeding my crazy looking yard to accomplish.  I have a lot of color in my skin normally (when pale or tan) and very quickly desaturate colors.  All the shades in the palette show up, but appear a lot softer than what you might see applied on a more neutral skin tone.  The gold especially was applied quite heavily, but you can probably see only a tiny hint of it.  I actually have a dip in this pan!

Base: Chantecaille Future Skin foundation in Chamomile (nice match with my darker skin), Ellis Faas concealer under eyes, Rouge Bunny Rouge Impalpable Loose Finishing Powder
Eyes: Suqqu Brow Palette in Moss Green, Ginbudou palette, Three liner in Prettiest Star, L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions WP mascara.
Cheeks: Suqqu EX-03 Akanemizu blush (both pans blended)
Lips: Dior Addict Extreme in Lucky

Himesango is up next!

10 comments :

  1. Haha, 1.5 asses! That plus your use of my favorite word in the English language ("trundle") meant this post made me happy before I finished reading the first sentence. My own posts have been rather half-assed lately, as I have quite a few reviews of my own to trundle through.

    I've also picked up some color recently, but for me that means freckles instead of a tan. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My impeccable math! :DDD
      Oh! You get adorable freckles! It seems prevalent on my DH's side of my family and they are so cute! :)

      Delete
  2. I have akanemizu as well, this I would call my lazy blush when I don't know what to put on my cheeks, haha. Is it just me. or do your lipstick choices effect a slight change in bone structure/features in general on you (?). I feel like more prominent shades emphasize your beautiful bone structure even more (but again, I sometimes see things that no one agrees on, lol). Lucky was my first addict extreme I got back then and still like it a lot. I can imagine how the golden shade is looking even more lush irl. I may recreate this town down look for myself, as I am wearing pretty bold makeup lately. Thank you for sharing belly :) / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ak. is a great no brainer blush!! I also like RBR Orpheline for that purpose, too.

      As you may know, I have no skills, creativity or any kind of premeditated goals. So if my features look different from look to look, I suspect ACCIDENT!

      I've been LOVING all the bold stuff you've been posting!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!

      Delete
  3. I'll do away with a half assed comment: Pretteh Belleh. Eh eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half-asses, ways to live by I'd say!
    Even in the minimal light, the look is beautiful, and that blush turned up very well. I like the versatility of this palette, not particularly single colour themed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold, grey and purple is a very elegant mix isn't it! It's a really special palette, I think. :) HALF-ASSED ALL THE TIME <--- true words to live by.

      Delete
  5. Glad someone has her math right :-D Is that really Dior Lucky? well, if that's the case, it is really bad lighting, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I impressing you with my higher math? ;)
      That really is Lucky! The lighting and the photos are pretty crappy, but my lips mute down brights unless they are very white based and opaque. Something like Addiction Revenge cheek stick is neon on other people, but a muted pink on me.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...