Saturday, May 3, 2014

THREE 20 Love Twist & 23 Emotional Rescue Compared to Others

If you saw my mini swatchlet of my THREE blushes, I had promised some comparisons for Love Twist and Emotional Rescue.  So let's get with it!
 Funny that even though Love Twist looks so different in the pan to those I chose to compare it with, when applied on the skin, the differences are slight.  And then you can extrapolate that once applied with a brush and applied as sheerly as I would normally on the cheeks, the differences would be even more minuscule.  Why so minuscule, that one might question the WHY one crazy Belly Blogger would need so many of such similar colors.  This train of thought shows why it is a dangerous thing to ponder things too deeply.

Compared to THREE, the two lower stripes of the Guerlain Blush G Sakura* have definite finish differences, with the shimmer of the shade 1 and the frostier finish of shade 2, which is also paler.  Laduree 06 is more deeper in tone, which a more matte finish and lacking the blue tones of Love Twist.  Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis is more mauve and lighter.


Emotional Rescue, I originally mentioned as a more easily wearable cousin of Tom Ford Narcissist.  And so I pulled that one out to compare. Also Barbara, in the original mini swatch post asked how Emotional Rescue compared to Edward Bess Blush Extraordinare in Bed of Roses, so here it is as well.
Pans surely look different enough, eh?

Both Emotional Rescue and Bed of Roses are warmer than the incredibly bright and blue toned Narcissist.  Bed of Roses look practically like a wallflower in comparison to the other two.

Swatched on the arm here.  Even more so than the distinctions in warmth (warmish- THREE, warm- Bed of Roses, not - Narcissist), the really defining characteristic here is the pigmentation level.  Narcissist is crazy crazy pigmented!  CRAAAAZY!
Okedokes.  Hope these swatch comparisons are helpful since seeing THREE blushes in person is mission impossible for the majority of us.


*was provided by marketing for consideration, for free of charge.

16 comments :

  1. You are awesome! Thank you!

    This train of thought shows why it is a dangerous thing to ponder things too deeply. I really almost choked from this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy soon to be bday shopping, Adele!

      Dood, I don't even have a mahoooosive blush collection and my color choices end up like this! *headdesk*

      Delete
  2. Holy O_O Narcissist is Ka-Pow! I'm definitely wanting to add Emotional Rescue to my collection, it strikes a good balance for me. How do you like the Laduree blushers? Every time I walk up to their counter I'm so freaked out my the over-the-top gaudiness, I U-turn the heck outta Sogo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emotional Rescue is really pretty! I think this will be a good pink for a lot of people. Narcissist is insane. What is surprising is that with a light hand, it looks really beautiful on.
      I think Laduree is such a weird brand. I think the packaging really veers into ornate, over the top, had too much vodka with diet pepsi to drink, nuts. NUTS. This is the only Laduree item I own though and this is actually one of the very few IRL compliments I've received on makeup when I wear it, which is something special!

      Delete
  3. So lovely! I want to swatch all my blushes / compare similar ones someday. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so tempted to do a whole DO-OVER on all my old photos in the blog, but then I get lazy! and then take a nap. :D zzzzzz

      Delete
  4. Oh great. You have just showed me a color family of blushes that I don't own a billion of. Now I need to look into ALL OF THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all the crazy pinks for youuuuuuuu!

      Delete
  5. Ooo noooo! Me now want all the pretty pinks! And I'm not even a blush girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never considered myself a blush girl. Until I was.

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    Many thanks for comparing Emotional Rescue to EB. I think that I will get Emotional rescue although it is similar to EB. I have Love Kick (also inspired by you), and absolutely love the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Barbara! Love Kick is one of my very favorites and I'm so glad to hear that you love that one, too. Hope you enjoy Emotional Rescue.

      xxoo

      Delete
  7. Errr...so this post now made me want Narcissist instead! LOOK AT THAT PINK!!

    Also, Laduree has a makeup brand?!?!?!

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narcissist is a killer if you can track that one down.

      Laduree is Japanese (Les Merveilleuses Laduree) and is sold in select Sephora stores in France! Check them out: http://www.lm-laduree.com/en/

      Delete
  8. So many pretty blushes! *___*

    Similarity matters not in this case. #blushfiend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zomg... you speak language of blush love. :O you unnerstand me.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...