Saturday, May 31, 2014

Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Hanashoubu 16

Or the purple one.  Or the parphal one.  Or the PAAARRRPPPHHHAAAL one.

To buy or not to buy was never a real question.

It was inevitable.
It was inevitable.
It was inevitable.
The three new permanent releases from Spring are all built up around a brown shade with various interesting color combinations.  (Mitshucha 15 here and Yomogiiro 17 here)  In this case, there is:
  • Pale cream shimmer shade with a profusion of multi colored micro glitter which are predominantly pink, green and pale gold.
  • Warm, mid tone and satin-finished brown that has a good dose of yellow.
  • Pale warm pink base shade.  Applied it barely tints my skin pink and the shimmers glow pretty noticeably in real life.
  • ...then the purple.  I hope you are clicking these pictures of enlarge them.  Vibrant purple base that is neutral to warm (I think I see red tones in this purple), but can seem blue toned because there is a large amount of blue micro glitter in it.  In addition to the bright blue glitter, all the other complex glitter colors are visible.
Here are the swatches in clockwise order from the upper left pan.
Everything about this palette is so glowing and shimmery in this bright natural light.  I've done a look below and in real life, it is very wearable unless you are particular lacking affection for shimmer of any kind.  Even with the intensity of the purple shade, it is a very easy to wear palette.

Overall pigmentation is medium.  The purple is the only shade on my that can be applied to great intensity.  The pale highlighter shade and the base shade act more as texturizers on my lids, acting to add sheeny highlight where applied or as for the base, acting to smooth and add overall glow.

In a way, this particular palette acts as a duo rather than a quad based on the brown and the purple, with the base and the pale highlighter acting as described above.  I'm close to about MAC NC20 skin tone now.  I suspect that on paler or deeper skin tones, all four shades might show up more vividly.

This doesn't diminish my enjoyment of this palette though!  Let's march on!
Anyway, one of the neat features of a Suqqu palette is how well they shades layer into a complex shade.  Here's I've added the three shades (minus the pinky base one).  I scratched my dodo head a little bit because how does brown, purple and cream become this color below?  Where did the purple go?  It's as if the purple melted away but left all the pretty shimmer.
More swatches, because... because... my blog, dammit.
I seem to suffer from some major makeup amnesia.  In my SURRATT eye shadow post on Tyrian, I was like BOOHOO, I don't have enough purples in my life.  Uh...

I HAVE LOTS OF THEM!
*whispers*  I have even more purples somewhere.

Labels are in the picture below this one.
I've cranked down the exposure in the picture below which shows the pretty duo chrome and multi color shimmers better.
Here's my look which is basically a smoked liner look shaped wing-ingly.  I smudged the purple over my black liner and used the brown to shape for the wing shape.  Of course the pink base was used all over the lids and the pale cream applied inner eye and swept up and across to about mid crease.  Water-lined with the black liner and more purple and brown to smoke the bottom.

I'm also wearing a few of my other recent Suqqu purchases.  I posted about Barairo in my recent Swatch Set the other day here.  I'm also wearing one of the new blush colors released this SS14, Usuzukora.

Ok, while not so exciting to blow the socks off, I love the whole very wearable purple incorporated in a pretty neutral eye palette.  Everything about this whole look is just very perfectly pretty, wearable and polished.  While the shimmer in the swatches look intense, I find this palette (to my taste) to be a beautiful take on a neutral color offering.  I do love easy things!

What purples are you loving in your life?  Does purple count as a neutral shade for you?

26 comments:

  1. I *love* this on you -- it looks amazing! MOAR purples now! Also, beautiful skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sweet Rosy! Thank you so much. I love how effortless the whole palette is, even with a vibrant parphal in the mix! What are you loving these days, my darling?

      Delete
  2. Argh all the purpeeleee beauties!!!! I've stopped wearing it at one point because on green eyes it was getting way too obvious (on me purple does count as a neutral) but now I want some, in fact I think I neeeed some! Love that palette with the mix of neutrals and on you, Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, with green eyes, it must look SPECTACULAR! Mixing it with neutral everything else might tone it down, too? :) You need MOAR purples, yes indeedy.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to get mine! Though I can't say I'm thrilled about this new Suqqu development of making 2 out of 4 shadows shimmery and sheer. :/ Your high res pics certainly do Hanashoubu great justice--these shades layer so well, and are almost too refined for the likes of me. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin desturates all colors, so if your skin is disimilar to mine, I think you might get more oomph out of the whole thing. You need to let us all know how you like it when you get it!!!
      The layered shade completely blew my mind. I'm sure a part of the resulting color is because the Suqqu layering is magical, but part of it must be my weird taupifying skin.

      Delete
  4. Can't talk... hypnotized by pretty sparklies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting sleepy, sleepy. Now give me some of the kittehs. >:)

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics and the palette looks so beautiful on you! Have you tried to layer the purple over black? It's awesome. Btw when I look at your beautiful skin in these pics, I'm convinced I look 50+ instead of 29 :P *runs off to learn Gankin massage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn Chanel Diapason over black cream, so maybe the Hanashoubu purple over black would be equally spectacular??? OOOOOH! I need to try that. Maybe I would end up with a more dramatic look with that option.
      Please also teach me the powers of a Gankin massage. Erica's video and the online sheet charts still get me turned around and confoozled. *massages elbow with butt*

      Delete
  6. Oh my godddd that purple is fucking stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And feels like the silks, ya know?

      Delete
  7. Purrrrrple purrrrfection on you! I have envies for your purrrple collection! It's a colour I've shied away from for so many years because I've always thought it made me look old but realized it only applies with clothing, and not makeup lol. Definitely been loving lavenders and lilacs, which were my go to blusher and lip colours last fall/winter, and now for eyes this spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOODLIES! Do you have a recommendation for a true lavender blush? Everything is a pink-lavender, although I suspect a cool lilac would actually make me look like a cadaver. SO WOT?

      Delete
  8. Looks gorgeous on you!! I have to say that despite the brown being sheerer I love how effortless it is and the satin finish of that particular brown is to die for! I would love to have a matte medium shade pan instead of the yellow one but it's the palette I have been wearing the most anyway! Yep, purple is the new neutral :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sonia, for the kind compliment! Effortless is exactly the right benefit of this palette! I was waxing poetic on the beautiful purple, but that brown is very flattering and the finish looks incredible on the skin. :DD

      Delete
  9. hahah 'it was inevitable'
    i'm just like you, i keep thinking i dont have x color but...i probably have at least 5...
    this is a bit too glittery for me but i think it looks really pretty on!
    (and thumbs up for the nudge to click on the photo to enlarge, never actually thought to do that and i'm sure more than a few ppl will click just because you mentioned it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, when I do a real search through my crap, I'm always surprised to find how many X I have. Yup, at least 5.

      It is very bling bling in the sunlight, but I think very wearable. I work in an office, but don't feel weird wearing it.

      Delete
  10. Purrrrrrple! Totally a neutral in my book. And I'm not exactly sure how the purple brown and cream make that shade they do, but it's absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rach, what purples rocking your world these days?

      Delete
  11. omg parphal!!!! So many glorious ones!!! And shimmery too!!! No, i don't understand how all 3 shades blended together to form that... but gosh... i need!! *eating my heart out now*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't eat your hear out Linda! Just order it on line! :)
      Isn't that so weird how the blended shade looks like that? *___*

      Delete
  12. Ahh that is sooooooooo gorgeous! You know I love purples, and the fact that the shades in the palette are layer-able is a huge selling point. It looks so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Abby! I am totally loving this palette. I think since it acts like the duo for me limits placement options since I'm not very imaginative, but I'm going to keep trying. This is a fabulous purple!

      Delete
  13. Oh DAT ARMFUL *_*
    It looks like the Hanashoubu pahrpal is the lovechild of Ginbudou and Art of Parties, yes? I shouldn't buy the whole quad for just that one pan, yes? XD

    Also lmao at the layered TAUPE. But it's a stunning, glittery golden taupe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yesh. that's real pr0n right here, purple on purple action. :)~~~~

      LOL. Taupe.. I don't know why my skin does that weird taupe thing.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...