Sunday, April 27, 2014

Same Grey & Brown, More Better

Instead of white blossoms like those from yesterday, how about some more cliched spring photographs?  This time I have pink ones.

This time, a real real real slooowwww bumble bee was hovering around slowly enough for me to try to capture it.
 You can't see scale so much in the pictures, but the insect was huge.  For some reason, bumble bees make me feel very optimistic.
But not so optimistic that I want to do more more interesting things with my eye makeup.  So another rehash of the same eye products as yesterday: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl and Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil in Espresso.

This look is even more ridiculously lazy and easier than the one from yesterday.  Basically if you can wipe and smear, then you're good to go.
It's a smeary smudgy eye look, which is built upon an intense layer of Espresso all around the eyes (under and over).  Theoretically, you can go as intense and as big as you would like.  I then blend a bit softly with just my fingertips.  Then I apply the Grey Pearl Caviar Stick over it and then extended further and slightly above my crease.  I also apply it on my lower lash line, further lower than the Espresso.  I just used my fingertips to blend the two products together, but still ensuring a bit of more darkness closer to my lash line.  I used a cotton bud to clean up.

Taking some more feedback from yesterday that my lips needed a little more somethin' somethin', I applied one layer of Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Wonderland.  I'm wearing Visee blush in RD-2 (here) on my cheeks.  Speaking of my weird purply lips from yesterday, I tend to have cool colored lips and these days I'm too lazy to even apply balm.  Applying that purple gloss was an attempt at showing some effort!  :D

On my face I am also wearing the AmorePacific Cushion CC compact and Ellis Faas concealer under my eyes.  (I also want to fully admit my great regret at trying other skincare products.  After about 3-4 full days of going back to my ridiculously expensive AP Time Response products, my skin seems to be getting much better.  Yes you told me so!  YOU ALL TOLD ME SO!)
It's a much less "fresher" look than yesterday and looks slightly verging on overdone for my comfort in real life, but I'm pretty pleased that two very simple products can provide just enough fun to keep my makeup-y interest chugging along.
I'm going to try to put on something else tomorrow.  My complete inertia is totally incapacitating.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Planning any makeup looks to face the working week?

35 comments :

  1. Hey Belly, nice pics of the cherry blossoms! I like this version a lot! Things are pretty much always better with a bold lip color, or at least that's my personal conviction :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they just so gorgeous! Love this time of the year! A bright lip IS always a nice option!

      Delete
  2. I really like this look, Belly! I'll have to dig out my Grey Pearl and a dark brown eyeliner and try to replicate it tomorrow. I don't really plan anything make-up wise, just make it up as I go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes in the morning, when I feel very bleary-eyed, it is really nice to just pull out the same things over and over again. soon, I'm going to go bare-faced because I'm getting more and more lazy every single day! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Love this look, love the hair and by the way your skin does look amazing! Now good thing that little bumble bee lives in your neck of the woods because it would freeze to death in Montreal! Can't wait for the weather to really warm up coz I don't have cherry blossoms but I got a pear tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pear tree! My husband and I would like to plant one in the yard but we would need some tall fencing around it. The deer around these parts are voracious, poop dropping predators!

      Delete
  4. Your skin looks absolutely beautiful! And I like this lip on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cliched spring photos always welcome. We've waited long enough for spring! I really enjoy your simple eye looks, since my skills are basically confined to "wipe and smear." :D Wonderland really suits you, and I don't think the look is even close to overdone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a little gun shy with intense look these days (dark eyes plus lips). :D I love our wipe and smear methodology for makeup application! YAY for smear!

      Delete
  6. The skincare is really worth it! Love all the pics, I wish I can see those pretty flowers around here :( our botanical garden doesn't even have that tree in their Japanese garden lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really really is worth it, unfortunately! :`(
      Would cherry trees not survive the climate in Australia? I guess you are too far south to support the trees? Does seem a bit lacking not to have cherry trees in a Japanese garden. Don't worry, I can send you more pictures. :D

      Delete
    2. It's amazing what a big storm does to these trees! :( many of the flowers blew off. :((( and all my daffodils are sad looking because of the icy cold weather that we had right after they started to bloom. IT"S SO COLD HERE!

      Delete
  7. I'm really loving your new hair style more than anything! You look even prettier than the previous post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! Apparently it is a lot LESS wash and go and actually requiring blow drying and styling and stuff! My lazy ways... FOILED!

      Delete
  8. I love this! The smudgy eye is basically what I do every day, lol. Yours looks way more pulled together than I can hope for. LOVE your skin! LOVE the new hair! LOVE wonderland on you! LOVE LOVE LOVE :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you K! I bet we both wear the smudgy eye look equally well! I like things that take little to no effort for a lot of impact! :) You are too kind, as well.

      Delete
  9. I hear you on the inertia. At first, I was thrilled with the longer days and extra sunlight, but that wore off and I'm back to my default Eeyore state. My version of inertia involves not wanting to wear any eyeshadow, so I've been hoarding lipsticks, especially since I suspect Guerlain may be revamping the Rouge Gs and RAs, or discontinuing a few shades. None of the online stores seem to carry the complete range, for one, and my local displays are half empty. D:

    Love the new 'do! It shows off your amazing bone structure. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UHOH! They are going to do things to the lipsticks! This is high cause for panic purchasing! What in the world is going on??!!!
      I still love you and your Eeyore ways. I always did have a soft spot for his ways.

      Delete
  10. I actually love when you do multiple looks with the same products, varying one small thing. It gives inspiration for those of us with small stashes! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can only do small variations since I am not all that talented or creative about placements! I do think a few versatile products can work into many varied looks, but too bad I have so many eye stuffs to use that these exercises tend to be few and far in between. I'm making good use of my makeup blahs with the Grey Pearl and Espresso.

      Delete
  11. Hawt hawt haaawwwttt!!! Love wonderland on you! And hugz you because I understands your pain over &;@!/? priced blood magic for the skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh hehehehehe! Yeah dood, what's the deal with skin being a major diva and only loving overpriced crap?!!

      Delete
  12. Lovely cherry blossoms + bumblebee! And lovely lazy look. This kind of look is right up my alley, I may need to invest on that Pearl Grey + Espresso combo. And the Fluid Stick. And yes, first class hair + skin.

    I'm recycling my MOTW from last week, I was sick all week this past week, yuck! My face is completely deflated from lack of hydration. Now, where's that AP rehydrating mask when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh. Claire! D: are you feeling recovered fully now? Having a kid means all sorts of rampant bugs running through the household. WAH!!! You totally need a good mask for skin that illness sucked the life out of. Poor thing.

      Delete
  13. This look is a Winner. Hair, lips, eyes, and yo face generally are looking lush x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lazy? No way, I say practical. I've been sick of eyeshadow and brushes lately and I just use my finger (LOL) for the Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal and Diapason, mascara, and done.
    Your skin is radiant. Spend the $. Life is short.
    Your haircut is beyond. Keep it! You can slice through some Havarti with those cheekbones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention yummy cheese... there will be no other thoughts for the rest of the day. Cheese. cheese. more cheese.

      Delete
  15. Such pretty flowers!! Just looking at those makes me so happy :D You look stunning, I really love Wonderland on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Abby! I don't even mind my crazy allergies so much in the Spring just because the flowers are so so gorgeous!

      Delete
  16. you look gorgeous and skin is looking flawless

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...