Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Recent Discount Codes & Offers of DOOM

Hello fellow shopaholics!  Have you also been inundated with recent shopping offers tempting you to part with your interest-free loans to the US government (a.k.a. tax refund)?
source: wikimedia.org

Neiman Marcus is oh-so-generously conducting a Spring GC event (code APRILGC).  Spend $200 and receive a $50 GC, $500 get $150, $1000 get $250, $2000 get $500.  Is it me, or do you also see these offers and completely forget you can get things other than beauty products?  Well you can, though many beauty items are eligible for this offer.

One of my favorite luxury niche online retailer, Beautyhabit has a special offer just for today ending midnight (PST).  Spend $75 and get $15 off.  Code is BEAUTYTREAT.  Seems to apply to Chantecaille as well, which is usually a brand exclusion on their offers.  They also stock Rouge Bunny Rouge, Diptyque, and many niche fragrances.

SpaceNK, which also stocks Eve Lom, Ellis Faas, JinSoon, and et cetera is offering $20 off a $75 purchase with the code Discover20.

On a related note, my recent withdrawal from AmorePacific Time Response skincare stuff appears to be a big bust.  Having downgraded (in pricepoint) to a much more reasonable selection of Mandom products I noticed lots of small changes in my skin.  Generally I am much drier, which is surprising since the weather here has become much more warmer and my skin is also showing lines that show more prominantly when my skin is dehydrated.

Adding insult to this injury is that on a recent overnight trip away, I used my travel sized AmorePacific stuff.  The most amazing thing was how my skin reacted: soaking up the products into my skin and becoming almost instantly radiant and plump.  O.o  It's like I'm trying to write a hokey ad copy for something.  "HAVE AMAZE SKEEN!  GLOW & BEUTYMOUS!"  "Magic botaneekil ingreediments to make you're skeen noices!"

Perusing the Neiman Marcus website has me hovering over the check out button on my AmorePacific cart.  Which I didn't PUSH.  I actually have some leftover of each item, so I think I may need to switch back to them ... in defeat.  Poor wallet.  Poor me.  Woe.  Woe!

And worse than that, I feel a lot of need to buy lots of things without any particular real need for anything or even knowing what particular items I am wanting!  I've been pretty good not giving into this weird and overwhelming unspecific shopping urge, because that will surely lead to regrets later.

 I has a woe.  How be you?

14 comments :

  1. LOL lock you wallet in a safe!!! I've been pretty good lately because I have a few goodies that are LE coming out soon and I want them ALL!!! Oh I need a new wallet too, one full of monies preferably! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to find a wallet full of the monies on the ground, thank you! :)

      What are the LE things you are awaiting, Helene?

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you can't skimp on good quality skincare, me thinks - especially stuff like proper cleanser and a good serum with actives. I was really tempted by the Beautyhabit offer, but I bought so much stuff this month - so no shopping for me for a good while now. I'm thinking November might be the next good offer season to shop O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sadly nods* I think you may be right about the skincare. The stupid thing about the AP stuff is that all the mumbo-jumbo product write ups sound so much like bogus consumerized science that I was questioning the effect on my skin. D: Apparently, my skin is a big stupid bozo and falls for that stuff hook line and sinker.

      I remember when the big shopping deals were right after Thanksgiving, after Christmas. Now it's like, weee! TAX DAY! Here's a coupon. Seriously, it's just too much tempation and shopping overload for me.

      Delete
  3. Could you buy just the amore pacific stuff that really works the best? Maybe just the serum and moisturiser? Personally I haven't found any skincare yet that I get wow benefits from just yet. Got a new heal gel moisturiser recently which I'm still on the fence about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried various experiments cutting out bit and bobs, but it seems to be the whole combination of the products I seem to do well with. Stupid stupid face!
      What is the gel you've started?

      Delete
    2. It's called healgel face - It's part of a small trio of products -Just a moisturiser, balm and eyecream. It's got good actives from the box but not moisturising enough for me maybe.

      Delete
    3. that looks interesting. I saw the ingredient list and the actives look nice!

      Delete
  4. I tried to switch things up from SKII treatment essence and tried Albion skin conditioner, looks great but the smell...so strong but I'll get use to it. I saw new things on Adam and purchased a few things lol I saw Dior Fluid sticks at my local counter too..I went wtf Australia has new stuff? but **** noes at $50 each and I already purchased 2 online for way less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dior Fluid Sticks is 50 bucks in Australia?!!??!! No way man no way jose!

      Delete
  5. Went to Seoul for a 4day shopping trip of woe then came back to face TW's mother's day sales of more woe... So I can't say much other than woe is me too.

    I did stick to the cheap masks-a-plenty in Seoul, and only brought a few high end things (O-hui from LG) because it is cheaper there and I woulda bought it in TW nonetheless. Saw Amore Pacific and trembled in indecision on whether to feel this brand up. We don't get this in TW, and so in the end I tucked my tail between the legs and retreated to safer ground. Does the US get Sulwhasoo? It's the most luxe Amore Pacific sub-brand we get in TW, and I believe it should be slightly less flesh eating expensive than Amore Pacific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woe is us! I love Korean makeup & skincare stuff! So much fun things to try for not a ton of money. And so many oodles of samples they are always giving out is nice! AP is really much less expensive in duty free. Not sure if you saw it in df. US has Sulwhasoo, but I've never tried it. I've heard it's nice though.

      Delete
  6. So many tempting offers! I actually think it makes sense to stock up on skincare you *know* you will use up - it' a totally different thing than makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get purchase paralysis when I'm trying to figure out which offer to pounce on! I figure, by the time I finish up all the mess of skincare I have, another offer is bound of show up, right?

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...