Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lancome Lip Lovers - Sephora Swatch Set & Lip Stuff Babbling

I said I'm on a no buy so that I can save up for a new camera lens.  But I lie.  I did go and pick up a few things.  At Sephora, I used my $25 gift certificate to buy two packets of the Boscia blotting sheets and one tube of Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara (here) for $18 with the VIB discount.  Not so bad, right?  Then I stolled over to the Face Stockholm and rattled around in their small shop and played with all the various products.  Then walked out.  Hahah!

While I was at Sephora, I did have a chance to take a look at one of the new lip products that I did have a good bit of curiosity about when Mostly Sunny posted about it a little while ago (here).  I'm glad I had a chance to play with them in person, because they felt a lot more like a traditional gloss formula than a lipstick.  I didn't pick any up, but took some pictures of all the Sephora colors.

In store lighting (ew).

Top row (L to R):
313 Rose Ballet, 314 Casse-Noisette, 316 Rose Attrape Coeur, 321 Rose Contre Temps, 332 Beige Adage, 333 Rose Nymphes
Bottom Row (L to R):
334 Corail Cabriole, 336 Orange Menege, 337 Lip Lover, 338 Rose Cygnes, 339 Fuschia Attitude, 355 Framboise Etoile, 357 Bouquet Final, 361 Violette Pirouette


Indirect natural light (indoors):
I generally like being inside Sephora, which is kind of like shopping on line.  There is not a ton of human to human interaction (which I prefer) and I get to play to my heart's content.

The other product I was keen to try out in person was the new Dior Addict Fluid Sticks (as posted by Drivel about Frivol and Color Me Loud.)  I started to casually check at the counters near me and they all said, come back in May.  MAY?!!  What the..?!  Macy's currently has in on line and in counters.  I tried to call the Herald Square location and ring ring... nobody home.

I went to the Dior counter at Macy's (Herald Square is generally too frenetic and full of humans for me to prefer) and saw the display right away.  I did not find the experience very agreeable.  First of all, all the testers have a giant "TESTER" sticker on the bottom which covers up the numbers.  I guess I could have peeled them off or asked for help.  Oh yes, I did ask for help, but didn't find the particular SA very helpful.  In the end I did buy 575 Wonderland.  Lovely bright color.  (side note: must get reading glasses pronto)

Further research clicky-thon:
  • Do check our Xiao's swatches at the same Macys's counter!  :)  Looks like she did much better than I did trying to get these swatches.  (here)  <--  All the US shades.
  • Sara's swatches of the EU shades (here), and detailed post of Mirage, Aventure and Wonderland (here)
  • Kate the Driveller's rave review of Wonderland, Pandore and Mona Lisette (here)
  • Bubby Michelle showing all the Asia swatches (here)
No buy be danged.  I did buy Wonderland 575 and trying it out.  So far... innnnnnteresting.

This week's retail damage:
$18 Sephora + $38 Macys +$43 Z Palette = $99

Hmm, that's some no buy.  Have you been taking advantage of the Sephora sales event in the US?  Any new things catching your eye?

23 comments :

  1. Thanks for the clicky-link! After wearing it for a couple hours, I finally understand why everyone says it's sticky. Also I was going for adventurous and got the very orange Artifice, but kind of regret not going for something more pinkish/reddish instead. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think I'm going to pass getting any more of them. I like the bright bright colors, but they feel kind of weird on my lips. Stays very thick & moist (eeh, sounds weird) and is kind of sticky. And the shine fades fast and the color seems to go pretty fast too. Argle.

      Delete
  2. I have a lip lover sample and I like it, but don't find it terribly unique or interesting. I also tried to swatch the Dior fluid sticks at a Macy's counter, but they were all completely out of order and I got frustrated and gave up. I don't like Macy's very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Macy's. I think the Lip Lovers seems more like regular glosses, but I didn't try any on. The colors are so pretty (but then I find gloss colors generally pretty).

      Delete
  3. Hey Belly, thanks for linking me! Your swatches are making me want Corail Cabriole and Orange Menege ;)

    I have Mirage and Wonderland Addict Fluid Sticks. I'm finally going to give Wonderland a go tomorrow, but I do really love Mirage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aieeee, Sunny. Your blog is a dangerous place for us weak mortals. :) Those orange tones in the Lip Lovers are really pretty.

      I look forward to your posts on the Diors!

      Delete
  4. THIS IS TORTURE!!!! Dior is pretty mean with us, all their collections arrive very late and they send like 2 of each because it gets OOS almost immediately -that actually happened with Aurora bronzer and that caused me to avoid buying anything from the brand for more than a year. I want to try Dior Addict Fluid Sticks and Lancome Lip Lover and none has arrived here *I cry*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty terrible inventory management to send thing by 2 units. I wish companies released the whole range of colors and at the same time. I remember in Korea, we'd get things at LEAST 1 month late... sometimes 2. The good thing about it was I got to see plenty of posts & reviews, so what was awesome and then swooped down at the Korean counters to get my LE whatever.

      I hope those Lancomes & FS get there soon!

      Delete
  5. I don't get too excited over lip stuff, but everyone's ravings made me want to hunt down all the things. I like Dior Fluid Sticks and Aventure is my shade. Maybe not enough to shell out in the end, since they're here to stay. I need a bronzer.

    Love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Liz! You are our blush queen! All Hail our Blush Queen! :) I get sucked into all the hooplah about the Diors. They are nice, but I'm pretty sure this is it for me. Weird texture imo.

      Delete
  6. Wonderland looks so pretty on you! More lemmings...;;;;
    I might need Framboise Etoile or RoseNymphes, too... (oh no) ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all the pale shades & and nudes in the Lancome Lip Lovers. Aren't they so pretty??

      Delete
  7. Looks like Wonderland's making it home with many people. I got Wonderland, Rieuse and Open Me. Have only worn Rieuse so far since getting back to Taipei, and I like the slippery, almost lip essence-ness of it. Bummed about the colour selection available in Asia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah but, you get Mona Lisette which is a nice bright color. I think you don't get the darker shades, is that right?
      I also like how they seem to moisturize (or at least not dry out). The colors are nice (though not particularly varied).

      Delete
  8. LOL I've got this mental image of Belly rampaging Face Stockholm tiny store and walking out, like Godzilla in NYC :-D ANywhoo.. I'd probably grow white hairs before my local Sephora even stocks any of those liquid lipsticks, Dior or otherwise. GAH! Otherwise, I've just purchased another REN cleanser during the sale.. I've got a few in my list but I'm trying to do good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It was really tiny in the store. So much so that I was concerned that while I was turning around, with my oversized handbag, I would knock a bunch of things over.
      Why is your local Sephora so lame? Dior is available at Macys now and I think the Lancomes are on line in case you splurge.
      Buying staples is always good. Now I'm set with blotthing papers for a while, which makes me happeh!

      Delete
  9. My online retail damage for the week is $103 at Clarins. Have you beat by $4, so you can be guilt free! I absolutely fell overboard on the new Brazil line- the bronzer, the eyeshadow compact, etc. Am too shy about the bright blue mascara, but I'll bet a younger lady could pull it off. Sadly all the lip color sticks were sold out. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Aw, no guilt for the pretties from Clarin. Their seasonal products do look really beautiful! Would the mascara actually pull blue?

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure, but I could really see the blue (bright cobalt) on the model. I thought about trying to layer it under a black to tame it a bit. Would look totally cool with the eyeliner.

      Delete
  10. I was decently good about the Sephora discount. I bought one thing I needed and three things I've wanted for ages, one of which is being returned.

    I love the look of gloss but not the actualities of it, so I was going to skip the Dior Fluid Sticks. Then read some of the reviews and thought maybe I'd reconsider and pick one up in France. But hearing the texture is weird, you may have saved me so I can buy another bottle of Bioderma instead! ;)

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many pretty lip things! Picked up wonderland online, can't wait to try it. I hauled some La Roche-Posay products because 25% off, probably not much of a sale lol. I'm going to be in my 30's before Sephora is actually in Australia for reals lol. So many things not available here even though the brand is here :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great swatches Darling but I think I'll pass on these for now. We've had them for a little over 2 weeks and I know they are selling well. I did a little damage this week, about the same as you, a Dior nail polish, a Clinique CC cream and a roller ball fragrance. Me no good at no buy, :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm officially lemming Wonderland, and you're feeding it!!! I got Aventure yesterday, and really loved the formula so I need moar!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...