Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hello Spring! Grey & Brown Look

Frankly, I've been too tired and too busy to blog.  So to make up for it, I thought I would bring you a cherry blossom photo.  Because, HELLO!  I'm sure you've not seen enough cherry blossom photographs all over the place this spring.
Actually what I was trying to do was to get some shots of several very large, slow moving and pudgy looking bumble bees hovering over the blossoms.  After giggle to myself about how slow and dopey the bees were, I was unable to capture a single non-fuzzy image!  Apparently, I was too slow and dopey!

It's finally spring around these parts.

While I wait for my skin to heal fully, I've been in a makeup rut of sorts and repeating a particular eye makeup combination of Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl and Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil in Espresso.  The Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl (here) has become my recent, have no time or makeup inclination swipe and brighten the lids kind of a shade.  It's not fancy, it's not complex.  It's lovely though.  Tom Ford's Espresso (here) (this is my second one!) is a mainstay for me.
Swatches of the these two products.  Softly bright grey taupe with some simple cool toned shimmers of Grey Pearl combines beautifully with Tom Ford Espresso eye liner.
Here is how I have been wearing these.

The Grey Pearl is swiped on my lids slightly past the crease and blended with my fingers.  It is also applied to my lower lash line.  I used the Espresso to define on my upper lash line thickly and into an extended wing.  It is also placed in my lower water line.  I used my Tom Ford Smoky Eye Brush to smoke out the Espresso and smudge into the Grey Pearl.  Mascara added and then that's it!
I'm wearing Addiction Tinted Skin Protector as my foundation, along with Ellis Faas concealer.  I've brushed on Guerlain Perles du Dragon really liberally since my skin is feeling so blah these days.  On my cheeks, I'm wearing THREE blush in #20 placed higher and more centrally.  On my lips, just the Surratt gloss in Amethyst (here).
Oh yes, I may have pretty much chopped all my hair off and gone sleek, which is what nature gives me.

What's your I'm-in-a-makeup-rut-look?

23 comments :

  1. You look stunning, Belleh! Your hair looks pretty too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I would enjoy grey pearl! I've been doing pretty much the same thing for a month now! A basic cool taupe from Clinique and Diorshow Mono in Velvet with liner and mascara. I'm not really inspired these days and have no time to really think in the morning. Gotta keep my thinking energy for work since I got so little! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these routines do conserve some brain power in the morning (especially for me when brain powers at a critical low point prior to my AM coffee).

      Delete
  3. If only all makeup ruts were so pretty! I feel about NARS Lhasa the way you feel about Grey Pearl: easy, pretty, goes with everything. I think there's a fine line between a look you like so much that you can't stop wearing it and an actual rut, though maybe I'm just trying to justify my reliance on Lhasa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Nars Lhasa is beautiful and I would totally wear that allll the time if I owned that one. No need to justify our ruts, right? ;)

      Delete
  4. You look fabulous, though!
    The LM stick is so subtle yet pretty. It would go beautifully with more dramatic lips, too.
    I've been reaching for the same colors lately, too. It's is kind of sad to think about all those barely touched makeup of mine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Lena! I really like this color. It has a lot of subtle elegance to it and so easy to swipe it on!

      I feel guilty when I use things regularly (like the LM & tom ford here) because I neglect other things, and then on days I use all the other things, I feel guilty for not using things up! HA!

      Delete
  5. Belly, you are looking like.. 20 years younger. Is that even possible? LOL Something so youthful about that Pearl Grey or maybe your hair (although in all honesty, I didn't know you have it chopped until I read the line). In any case, I don't know man.. you have this very fresh vibe coming out from these pictures. Keep on rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but Claire! I'm only 20 years so. That would turn me into a little embryo and too young to play with makeup which would make me a little sad! :`((

      Delete
  6. i'll have to try this! I have grey pearl and while i desperately want tf espresso i probably have other brown liners lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess! Try it out Joyce! This looks and then the newer post which I posted a variant is like the stupidest easiest looks to try. :) Any old brown liner would do fine!

      Delete
  7. Your skin looks wonderful to me! Beautiful look and I truly envy your smudging abilities. I can never get that part :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some sad looking flakes around my mouth, but they are almost all gone now! Whatever I did to freak out my skin recently has made me a bit redder in the skin, but I'm feeling so much better now! :)

      I don't have a lot of smudging capability! I think it's the pencil brush doing it's magical things.

      Delete
  8. Lovely! Like Kate, I admire your smudging abilities. When I try that, I look like I applied my eye makeup with my feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you! I bet you're just being modest about your smudging skills. Afterall, all I need was swipe swipe swipe.

      Delete
  9. Thats a beautiful combination on you! I've always passed on colours like Grey Pearl because I find it slightly too dramatic for my lazy makeup ways, and it is a tad too cool for me, but mixing it with some brown might be the key to success! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this grey leans a touch cool, but I do see I have a preference for some cooler tones on my eyes. :) Grey Pearl can be applied very sheerly and blends out pretty easily. I bet you can carry this off with aplomb!

      Delete
  10. Looove the eye look, Grey Pearl is so pretty and I love it with the brown. I think I would prefer it with a brighter (or at least slightly more rosy) lip - there's something that's not quite working for me about the lip w/ the rest of the face.

    Also, CHERRY BLOSSOMS! I wish we had them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herrroooo Emi! Grey Pearl is very suitable for my now super lazy ways. I tend to take just this along when I travel overnight or on short trips. This plus curled lashes with mascara seems to be just enough clean looking eyes to finish up my face. I totally need some more color on the lips. I am so lazy these days that I almost never reapply lipstick or even wear much of anything on the lips these days. What's wrong with me??!!

      Cherry blossoms are so pretty! What a way to bring spring with a most gorgeous bang. I wish they lasted a bit longer before falling off, but I guess part of the charm is its ephemeral nature!

      Delete
  11. the combination of the two colors is really great!. i dont think i have that sort of light shimmering purple. situation needs to be recitifed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jenn! You need something like the Grey Pearl. It's a very nice understated neautral which everyone can use a variant of. And paried with a deep brown brings a couple of eye look options into the mix, which is always nice!!

      Delete
  12. I love the way those two colors look together, so soft and pretty! And you are looking mighty fine yourself :*** Love the new hair!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...