Sunday, March 23, 2014

Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Mitsucha 15

Does one ever really need another warm brown eye shadow palette?
Does it matter if it is from Suqqu?
Funny thing is, when I saw various blog posts and press release information for this particular quad, I had all the right reasons for not purchasing it.  As you can see from my first picture at the top of the post, I have quite a few brown palettes.  Probably my favorite is the depotted one in that picture.  That is glorious Matsukasa with textural variation and elegant warmth.

So why in the world did I end up getting Mitsucha?  First, that upper left bright yellow gold was pretty nifty.  I don't have a yellowed gold like it.  Does one in four colors make a palette worth it?  The upper left coppery shade plays so nicely with the yellow gold.  The pearly base actually shows up on my skin, too.  The shimmer in the dark brown shade glints green and pink and I love those shimmery glints so!
Look good on paper.  Looks good on face?  While the swatch seem low on pigmentation, I found it easy to build up the intensity when applied.

Not as clearly in photos, but in real life the coppery shade is quite intense.  As Yomogiiro does, Mitsucha also has a gleaming, glowing quality.  In this case, its a mixture of organic and brown metallic tones which shows much more intensely than the subtle shades of Yomogiiro.
Originally for this post, I was going to compare to the colors in the first picture of the various other Suqqu and the ilk, but I began to notice when I put it on my face, that the colors and the metal color play was very similar to a western product: Tom Ford Cognac Sable.  Mitsucha doesn't have the intense SPARKLE glitter top shade as Cognac Sable, so the overall look is much more subdued, but it gives me a sense that these two quads fill the same niche in my collection.  Oh, and compared to the palettes/shades shown above, Mitsucha is different.
(other products worn: Suqqu Frame Fix Cream Foundation N, Suqqu Nuancing Loose Powder in Natural, Ellis Faas concealer in 202, THREE blush in 23 Emotional Rescue, Dior Addict Extreme lipstick in Lucky)

I don't know if you recall my Tom Ford Enchanted versus Suqqu Himesango smack down from a few months ago.  I prefer Suqqu for the quality and finish to Tom Ford.  I think it's time to work on another head to head challenge wouldn't you agree?

Actually, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this very warm palette.  I love warm colors in general, but I do wish in the palette it had a good matte shade to anchor the whole thing down.  Let's see how it does against Cognac Sable.  I fear there is not room for both palettes.

Any recent picks from Suqqu you're enjoying or mulling about?

30 comments :

  1. it looks lovely on you! I love warm tones eyeshadows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind compliment Liss! Warm tones are very pretty indeed!

      Delete
  2. Well, this is practically a pale gold palette, so well justified, no? ;D
    Gorgeous close up photos, Belly. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gold palette, ahem, not a brown palette! :DD I like to create drama & tension where no exists!

      Delete
  3. Curious to hear what you think in the smackdown! I think this palette looks really beautiful on you.

    And I love pale golds, too - just got that Chanel IdO in Convoitblah (can't remember the spelling) because 1) MUS and 2) it looked like a pale gold I didn't have...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adele! I think we will soon own all the colors of the rainbow and very shade finish in between. Because didn't have, but now will... :D

      Delete
  4. Hey Belly, the shades do lean pretty warm, but I like how they look on you! This probably isn't my favorite Suqqu quad that I have seen you feature (I personally want to swap the shimmery white for a darker shade), but the quality does seem typically Suqqu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white is a base smoothing shade, but I would like a dark matte in this. I think this quad is a little less inspired than some others, but the quality is definitely there!

      Delete
  5. That looks beautiful on you! Keep it, it's your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Oh Silvita! I'm too fickle to let sleeping dogs lie!

      Delete
  6. Weirdly I have zero Suqqu lemmings despite yours and Kate Driveller's evil influences! Content to admire from afar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too smart a person to fall for our evil scheming! HAHAH!

      Delete
  7. So goregeous but I'm with Sunny about the light shade. I wouldn't have much use for it. I would so love to see and play with these. Looove the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) This is one of my favorite pink lipsticks! The quad is missing a little something something.

      Delete
  8. I really like the contrast of the warm vs your cooler skintone - am I right!? Tom Ford really is a more in your face 'look at me' quad - keep both ! I have so far resisted Suqqu spring-for no other reason in that I cannot decide between the three quads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my skin tone is quite yellow. But is not as super warm as I was originally thinking. Maybe I lean a cooler or more neutral olive. :) Who knows!
      I totally get being unable to decide which Suqqu spring. I couldn't decide for a long time either. Now I am wanting the purple one!

      Delete
  9. I wasn't hot on Mitsucha, but I change my mind! I change my mind hard and fast! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it? :) We may need purple, too.

      Delete
  10. you make me really curious abt Suqqu but all the prices for it seem much higher than i'm willing to pay for shadows. ($100 for a palette? is that actually right or is that some marked up price?) i really love how you feature brands i rarely hear or see ! i like seeing more of what the asian market is producing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are looking at Ichibankao or something? No, it's 45gbp in the UK, which is about 75 USD. In the Tom Ford range here in the US. :)

      Delete
  11. Looks great on you! Love that orangey copper colour. Just from the stash pic, Cognac Sable seems alot more cool toned and taupey in overall mix. Looking forward to your comparison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I just took a good long look at CS and it's even more warmer than I imagined! Warmer than Mitsucha even. CURIOUS-erererer

      Delete
  12. Copper tones often make me look sallow, so much so that whenever I see them, I get an instant 'urghghghghg' reaction, and the hairs on my arms stand up.

    I wonder whether it's the yellow gold and warm brown anchors which make the copper look so luminous and flattering. Perhaps it'll even work on me! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's this neat yellow gold that does nifty things to this quad. Copper is generally a bit too intense for me. It's like taking the yellow tones on my skin and blowing it up exponentially. I think it's worth a look see, no?

      Delete
  13. Nothing looks bad on you... In fact, the warm eye shadow contrasts the cheeks and lips even more to bring up the brightening effect of cool-pink without much effort. Hmm... the matte shade as anchor. I can see why you may want that, considering that this palette is "shima-shima" all over. But this is such a basic color wardrobe that everyone should have in their arsenal. Metallic copper? Check. Shimmery light gold? Check. Pearly beige and dark brown flashing green? Check, check. I'd keep this baby no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Aw, Claire. I've tried lots of things that look very mediocre on me. I just tend not to focus on those on the blog. I do like the warm/cool contrast in these looks. A bit of visual interest especially with the finish.

      Delete
  14. I know the ambivalent feeling, yeah, kinda plain everydayish, but really the gold and copper brightens your eyes and looks natural and pretty. My choice this spring was 16 to fill a gap in my purple stash but this palette looks like a possibility after seeing it on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Mitsucha is basic without boring because of the finish. I really do want to get my hands on the 16 Purple at some point though. Less basic, less boring I'm thinking.

      Delete
  15. I think it's beautiful on you! I feel like I mostly see you wear cooler colors on the eyes- am I wrong? Still on the fence about purchasing this one...it reminds me of the Charlotte Tilbury stick in Amber Haze, which I've worn down to a nub. Thanks for reviewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, you finished something??!!! *dies of jealousy* I've not tried any CT products, but to hear you've used up something from the brand is a nice endorsement!!!
      I like warm things, but I don't normally wear super warm things. I never really thought about this. Seems like my eyes are drawn to neutral-neutral slightly cool shades on the eyes. Huh. :D

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...