Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SUQQU SS14 Collection

There are few things I anticipate more on a seasonal basis than the new collections of Suqqu.  I have a history of impulsively indulging in all the eye shadow palettes and have been patiently awaiting detailed reviews and swatches on line while I ponder my purchase.

While I do so, I have some images and information from the press release that I am excited to share with you.



I also wonder if those that follow my blog along are even interested in press release type posts.  When I see them on other blogs, I usually scan the images, which is always handy to see what is upcoming.  I sometimes also scan the press release notes to see if there is anything worth noting.  Generally, texts I see copied and pasted (and repeatedly seen on multiple blogs) is less interesting. 

So today, I'd like to share what information seemed particularly interesting to me, along with the items I plan on getting (or drooling over, as it were).

Eye Shadows
I am always, always interested in the eye shadows from Suqqu.  Suqqu makes up a good bulk of my eye shadow collection and they perform very well on me.  As I get older, I appreciate the textures of Suqqu's eye shadows even more.  These three palettes are all permanent to the line, so no need to run like a lunatic (me).   Instead of the matte white base shade that is often included in the lower right pan, these quads have a shade meant to even, and give a glowing tone to the lids.  I found the matte whites a little redundant and dulling, so I'm interested in seeing how these perform on me.  In terms of color story, everything is a variation on wearable browns, which is a dream for folks with warm toned skins like me.

Mitsucha 15 is truly tonally brown and gold and I will likely pass on this.  I have my brown-on-brown niche filled by Matsukasa from the old discontinued range of quads.

 Hanashoubu 16 has a beautiful deep purple.  The glowing base shade is pink.  This is a likely candidate for me to add to my Suqqu collection.
 Yomogiiro 17 is originally the one I've had my eye on all long.  I love the combination of the pale lavender and the green.  Upon closer inspection, the green is a bit "army" green, and the pale lavender slightly lighter in tone than I wanted.  It is still calling my name because oftentimes the more inspired (or head-scratchingly challenging) of the color combinations seem to work the best on me, like Hisuidama EX12.
Nail Polish
There are also two limited edition nail polishes that have been released, Sirakoucha EX05 described as tea latte (and does look like a very pale milk tea/coffee) and a pale lavender called Sumirezome EX06.  Pretty, but I've not a ton of interest in these as I believe nail polishes are restricted for USA shipping on the Selfridges website.
Smoothing Face Color
A new face powder has been released as well.  There are three distinct colors in the powder, a white one that reflects light to improve the appearance of skin, a beige matte one that smoothes skin, and a pink one for correcting uneven tone.  Of Suqqu base powder products, I already own the loose Nuancing powder, the Nuancing pressed powder as well as the last limited edition face palette.  And since I hit pan pretty much never, I shall wait until I get through some other things first!
Lipsticks
There are several lip colors being released with this collection, in two limited edition and one permanent in the Creamy Glow Moist formulation and one permanent color in the Bright Up range.
 
Creamy Glow Moists are gorgeous balmy formulas.  I find them very similar to the Chantecaille Lip Chics.  (a comparison between the two formulas here
 
L) Harunadeshiko 06 - Pink Beige M) Usubeni EX-03 - Clear Red (I already have a sheer LE red, definitely don't need another one) R) Tousakura EX-04 - Clear Nude
 
I hadn't written about my Bright Up lipsticks before, but it is a fuller pigment creamy lipstick.  It's very different than the discontinued Creamy Glows, feeling much more rich and creamier on the lips.  The new permanent color with this release is Akaanzu 07, a rosy beige.  The press release information states that though there is a warm undertone to the color, there is a lot of blue in the pigment.  This is peculiar and interesting!  It is interesting to my interests.  *clink*

Blush
Two new blush colors, called Balancing Cheeks have been released.  This I am particularly interested in.  I had one older style blush called Balancing Cheeks in Momozoe a long time ago.  While the color was beautiful, I found the intensity of the pigmentation a bit lacking for my crazy-face preference.  I vastly preferred the gorgeous LE blushes from Spring 12 Nuancing Cheeks in EX-03 Akanemizu.  I see the new ones are Balancing Cheeks (like my old Momozoe).  The colors are beautiful.  I am very curious to see what the pigmentation would be like.  They are permanent, so I shall patiently await some good swatches.
 
The pink side of both blushes are made with something called "wet granulation" which provides the lustrous effect.  This is the same formulation as the lower right shade in the eye shadow quads.  And apparently the other color shade is supposed to be sebum resistant.
 
Momoshuiro 01, Peach Coral and Usuzakura 02, Sweet Pink join the blush line up.

While the UK launch at Selfridges is scheduled for February 20th, it appears the eye shadows are already on line (here).  Thanks Sara for her tweet alerting me to this!  The collection is already available in Japan now.
 
There are some early posts out there.  So let me link you up!
Sara from Color Me Loud has new posts on two of the quads.  16 and 17.
The British Beauty Blogger swatched eye shadow palette Yomogiiro and the Creamy Glow Moist lipstick in Usubeni from the new collection here.
 
I'm trying to prioritize my wants!  As many of these are permanent, I shall be as less crazy as I possibly can be.  What about you?  Any glimmerings catching your eye from the collection?

27 comments :

  1. I'm not sure yet - will need to visit the counter next week to figure out what I want. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretties! I am tempted by the e/s palette with green.

    Regarding press releases, I love this type of post (photos + your own text, Kate/Driveller also does this type of post and I enjoy them). When bloggers post a press release with no commentary I have to wonder if they just want page views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the one with the green is really interesting looking. It looked amazing on Sara from Color Me Loud.

      And thanks so much for your feedback, Emi! I wanted to make sure it was doing it authentic to the belly style, whatever that is. :)

      Delete
  3. I liked this post..there is nothing wrong with sharing press releases, I feel, as long as the blogger has something extra (and useful) to add in..like how you have done here :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drooling over nice makeup is always useful to meeeeeee. XD

      Delete
  4. I just placed an order on the eye shadows from Selfridge coz you said they are on there. Their pictures are not working so hopefully I picked the right palettes. I'm in trouble coz they have paypal now. I missed out on suqqu F brush so I picked up $$TF13.

    I like your post btw, would be even better with prices as well, I find I always go back to certain blogs for price reference when looking to buy things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones did you get? Please tell me all three so that I can look for your incredible photos on your blog. I see the site is out of stock on all sorts of stuff. I need a lot of replacement things (eye lash curler pads, brow pens, etc)!

      I never ever post prices. This is my defense mechanism. ;)

      Delete
    2. All 3. Now we wait, hopefully that's all I have to do.

      Delete
    3. Gasp gasp gasp!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PEEEETCHURS!!!!

      Delete
  5. I know I need to order soon as Suqqu collections seem to sell out so fast on Selfridges, but I just can't make up my mind what to get, I was thinking the quad in 16 and maybe 17 (though unsure about the green like you are), I want to get one blush (not sure which) and a lipstick (again can't make up my mind)..and maybe the face powder.. ugh, I just need someone to buy everything like now and swatch it all really :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Clare! Clare! Which ones! Which ones do we get! If we wait to make up our minds, then everything goes out of stock!! Well, since majority of the items are permanent, they won't disappear in a blink of an eye like the Christmas sets.

      Delete
  6. Hi Belly,
    I also have one of the blushes, I will try to post soon but the one I have (the coral one) has very light pigmentation and barely shows on me. On last two FOTDs with eye shadow palettes, I am wearing that blush too. I am also a bit confused about how to use the duo. The darker side is luminous as you pointed out and lighter side is kind of matte. Thanks very much for the links by the way. Beer hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Sara! That was my fear with the blushes. The blush in the face palette is also lightly pigmented, but then layers well, but my old Momozoe just didn't do it for me. Wah!! The colors are so pretty though. ANd thank you so much for the beer & hugs and also your early posts. Look, you are enabling all of us all over the place! xoxox

      Delete
  7. You have now caused a stampede over at Selfridges.com! The green one is my fave I think and those lipsticks -dang!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, did you pick up anything on Ichibankao or did you pick up the eye shadows on Selfridges?

      Delete
    2. I am resisting! -I am still contemplating:)

      Delete
  8. Oh!! If not for your keen eyes, I'd never have spotted lavender in Yomogiiru!! It does look too pale to show up anything but white on me though... and after last year's SUQQU madness, i think i need to take a breather. Looking forward to living vicariously through yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think on my skin, too. It would look mostly white. I was hoping to live vicariously through YOU! WAH! FOILED AGAIN!

      Delete
  9. I ordered the brow pen, but managed to restrain myself on the Hanashoubu 16. There are so many similar colors I want/have. I feel like I have to wait for something extraordinary to invest in. (Am I asking for too much? :) )

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not asking for too much, Shani! I always err on the side of Suqqu though, because I'd rather purge my non-Suqqu to accomodate a similar color from the brand. Seriously, lately on my drier and gettin' older skin, nothing seems to look as nice on my lids as this. garrrrgle. I think I'm drunk on the kool aid!

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for this awesome post!!! And I love that you added in your own thoughts!!! I think maybe the only thing that interested me is the 17 shadow palette and the pressed powder…still on the hunt for a replacement for Wulong!! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wulong! I wish that came in a refill. I cuddle my Dragon ballz, too. They are pretty fabulous complexion perfectors.

      Delete
  11. Oh gosh these quads look so good! The one with purple and taupe!!! Dreamy! Another brand I have yet to try, *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That purple looks killer, doesn't it! Sigh! Too many lovely things to choose amongst!

      Delete
  12. Wow!!! This collection is so tempting! I wanna try them all for they have great looking shades. I really can't think of what to buy first. i will just check them out personally to see what suits me best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are UK based, checking them out would be a great!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...