Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ooh, Camera

I want to thank so many of you for commenting and helping to point me in the right direction on my post How to Take Better Pictures, which I should have named "How Do I Take Better Pictures?"  I also hope it was helpful to see the comments for other people that might be interested in taking better photographs.

I was mentioning in the comments and on Twitter that my dear husband got me a camera for my birthday, which is next month.  It's a Sony NEX, a mirror-less camera, with DSLR features and the size (almost) of a point and shoot.  It replaces my Canon PowerShot, a point and shoot camera.

I also purchased a book called Sony NEX-6 From Snapshots to Great Shots to help me learn the features and conquer some basics.

I took a few pictures and thought you might like some comparison to older photos on the old camera.

Same old manicure Estée Lauder Black Iris, new camera.
Same manicure, old camera.
New camera in light tent.
Old camera in light tent.

I was playing around with taking a FOTD the other day with it.  Eeh, all this detail on the face/skin is going to be something to get used to.  (Must remove errant facial hair as required)

I'm wearing Chantecaille Future Skin foundation in Chamomile + Porcelain (heavier on the Porcelain these days).  Ellis Faas concealer under nose & eyes.  Suqqu Brow Pen in Moss Green.  Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara.  THREE blush in Love Kick.  Kate Colorcious Diamond in BK-1 on eyes.  Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen liner in waterline.  Some Suqqu Creamy Glow lipstick, I think Umegasumi.  
Obviously I have white balance, lighting and color issues all over the place.  Now that's one of many things I'm going to be working on going forward.

Still love all your help and comments!  Thank you for all your help.  You guys are awesome-pants.

16 comments :

  1. Yay! Hope you get along with your new camera. It always takes some time for me to get to know a gadget. I've only recently learned each one acts so individually different!
    The blush looks so pretty on you. (Another Three lemming created..? Noooo;;;;) ;o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I've read the product manual as well as purchased another book to get to know the important features.

      Love Kick has a great formula. I lovveeees it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, the new camera makes such a difference and looks great. I love that FOTD as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smoochies, koushi! I think once I figure out some stuff the camera will be great. thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see all the photos you take! The detail and nuance you can get it really quite incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate!! I can't wait to stuff my head with electronic information. Not sure why I can hold all manner of unimportant trivia, but having a hard time learning all the settings on the camera. Doooooh.

      Delete
  4. New camera is good :) I'm itching for a new camera too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to figure out my lighting situation! :) I love gadgets. not as much as makeup, but truly do.

      Delete
  5. I love the new camera photos! I have a powershot & really want to upgrade as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I took advantage of all the manual settings on the powershot, I think I could have taken much better pictures. The new camera does seem to take some pretty pictures! Very exciting to play with it.

      Delete
  6. Oh you lucky girl!!! I was hoping to get a new one this spring but I'll have to wait a little longer. The new pictures look great and so do you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually been looking at a camera like that to take away with me instead of carrying my big dSLR with me all the time. Let me know how you like it!

    Shani
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite compact. Now my husband & I don't need to lug his giant DSLR anymore!

      Delete
  8. Yay to a new camera! There's definitely going to be a learning curve, but I bet it's gonna be worth it :-) I'm debating whether or not to upgrade my camera as well. I have a Canon G12 which has been serving me really well, and I'm kinda going ding dong over Canon 700D or Canon 60D. Both have a swivel screen which for me, is absolutely necessary for FOTD. Sigh... decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics with your new camera look so great - the colors look more true to life! Though honestly I've always liked your pictures :-) Have tons of fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...