Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Featuring Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Himesango - Gone?

What a bummer.  It seems from perusing Suqqu's Japanese language website that Himesango is no longer part of the line up.  Himesango came out for Spring 2012, so it hasn't even been around very long.  It's a great basic neutral palette with a very easy combination of shades.  I posted about it here where I pitted Himesango in a death match against Tom Ford Enchanted.  Himesango won and Enchanted was hereby jetted off to the blog sale bin.

While quantities still float around, I thought I feature it in a look.  I currently see it available in Ichibankao.  While they still have a markup over and above the retail selling price in Japanese department stores, their prices including shipping.  And with the current USD to JPY conversion rate so favorable it's not too terrible to actually order an item or two.  It is also available at the moment on Selfridges.  I don't know if this means UK will continue to carry or if it is only until the stocks dribble away.

This palette I'd feel perfectly comfortable wearing to a conservative office environment.  While the shimmers are apparent in close up brightly lit swatches, every thing is pure neutral refinement on the eyes.

I'm wearing Himesango palette, using the peach shade as a base shade on the mobile lid and under the lower lash line.  I've used the taupe of define the outer thirds.  I've used the split pan lighter shade to give more definition to my inner lid and used the darker shade in the split pan to smudge around the lash line.  I've used Tom Ford's Espresso pencil in the water line.

Other stuff: Chantecaille Future Skin in Chamomile + Porcelain, Ellis Faas Concealer in 202, Suqqu Brow Pen in Moss Green, Chanel JC in Fleur de Lotus, Chantecaille Lip Chic in Sunrise, Lancome blah blah as usual.
It all borders on too polished and almost boring.  It's absolutely possible to go dramatic as the split pan shades are quite pigmented for any smokier or more defined looks.  I got some dips in the pans now.  Huh, takes about a full 2 years for me of intermittent usage to actual start seeing dips.  At this rate, at least another 6-7 years to go.
What is makeup perfection anyway?  For me, perfectly refined textures that looks wonderful on my lids and doesn't make any compromises on wear.  It doesn't need to always be interesting or crazy bold (though sometimes that's just fun), it has to look great.  Bonus points for effortless blending.  This is probably why even though I am constantly tuned into new brands that catch my eye, I tend to turn to my Suqqu palettes over and over again.

Do you also own Himesango?  Which is your favorite Suqqu palette?  Have you seen the new Spring line up yet?

15 comments :

  1. It looks so pretty on you, you can do no wrong.

    I have that one too but never touched coz I forgot I had it. I love certain shades in kakitsubata (matte shades and bronze), Ginbudou (white matte,gray and gold) and hisuidama (pink, brown, blue white) to bits and they live in a z palette. I have a feeling that all suqqu quads are more like trios (there is always a colour that I don't love and it's usually the top right shade for the 2013 quads for example) for me and I always mix and match with other quads other brands. I'm waiting for Selfridges to stock the new ones and I'll grab that suqqu F brush while I'm at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do all sort of dum dums! I just try actively not to post it on the blog! XD

      Can you post your big z palette of Suqqus? I'd love to see them sometime! Speaking of trios, I always think the matte white bases (when they have them) seem a bit superfluous. And there are some shades, like the Ginbudou gold that don't show up unless layered over other things. I love the harmony of the totally palette in general of all the ones I have.

      I anxiously awaiting the new palettes, too! F is very handy. firmly packed, but very useful. I give that one a lot of use, so I hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. You look lovely in this tulip placement, Belly! (And PS I'm so fond of getting glimpses of your grey knits in FOTD pics :D)
    It's also kind of pleasing that Himesango reads on you much as Ginbudou does on me -- I kept G and wear it all the time as my similar no-brainer polished neutral for when I have to meet with e.g. finance folks. So, like, twinsies and candy and stuff! YOU know what I mean XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that the thing JSM did had a name! I love it, it's a little extra shaping to my otherwise flat face.
      I adore a good no-brainer, Kate! So is my cashmere wrap. I wear this all the time as my scarf, shawl, head wrap. It's versatile and so light & warm.

      Delete
  3. So lovely on you! I saw your earlier post on Himesango vs Enchanted and grabbed it off of Selfridges. I just got Enchanted as well and can't wait to see how the 2 perform on me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love both! Enchanted is a beautiful cool palette and with a lovely texture, too.

      Delete
  4. I only have 1 Suqqu palette and I got that while I was in Bangkok. It's so elusive, making life difficult >_< I'm more interested in their brushes though. I saw them on Ichibankao as well, and you're right about the mark up. I checked Selfridges which now offers international shipping, but the brushes I want are never available. *sigh* Good news for my wallet I guess!
    You look great in looks like this. I prefer understated neutrals for every day as well. Bold is fun, but not always appropriate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sale they did after Christmas completely blew out the Suqqu brush inventory on that site!
      Today I am wearing green on my eyes. Can't be understated neutral every day. :)

      Delete
  5. I stayed my credit card hand when TF$ Orchid Haze came out because I thought it might have been too close to Himesango. Am I mistaken, though? I don't live within easy swatching distance of TF$ so I can't really tell. :(

    I'm waiting for Suqqu to redo a blue/peach palette, which seems like a combo that the company likes, first with Kakitsubata and then Konruri. My go-to Suqqu for a conservative, work-safe eye look, however, is Matsukasa! There were significant dips within months of my owning Matsukasa, so I've actually put it on the back burner for a bit. Don't know if I should just use it all up and simply find a new brown palette to love, or hoard every speck of powder until it's just the two of us against the world. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me see if I can rustle up OH to Himesango. I think they are very different. OH is much more pigmented and also reads much more pinky mauve. Actually I think it reminds me a bit of Naked 3, but with a much more useful matte deeper color unlike N3. Himesango is lighter in execution and also has the pretty peachy/pink + taupe.

      Delete
    2. Naked 3?! NOW I'M INTERESTED. I find Himesango pretty pigmented as it is already, so I'm in awe when you say that OH is much more pigmented. O,o

      Delete
  6. You look stunning! It looks so pretty. I love the shade for its not too light and not too dark as well. Too bad that it is gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! I adore this palette. I think it's still available now in places listed above. Suqqu does seem to love discontinuing pretty things all the time! D:

      Delete
  7. This looks gorgeous on you!!! I need to try Suqqu sometime, hopefully soon. BTW, your 30 tag will be published tomorrow by noon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for showing us your pretty face!!! I went to order Himesango from Ichibanko the other night and it looks like they don't have it anymore :-( Boo. I'll live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...