Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THREE Pressed Eye Color Duo in 04 Love Satisfaction

I am catching up on posting all the things I acquired a while back.  Um, okay.  So maybe I acquired a lot of THREE, but pretty?  Ok?

And literally, I'm trying to get myself to wear other pretty things from other brands like here, but this is getting to be a monotonous exercise in futility because these THREE are so pretty!  Did I mention, the pretty?

I'm trying to figure out if I have a specific preference for the duo eye shadow palettes or the quads.  I'm not seeing any other quads I'm planning to purchase at the moment, but I like the variation in the quad format of the cream, the satin, the shimmer and the sparkle shade.  On the other hand, even with the simplicity of a duo format, the complexity of finish, color and layering options make the duos plenty mind perplexing to me.
This fuzzed out picture shows off the beautiful multi-colored shimmer in the bright blue cream shade, but washes out the right powder side some.  The right side is more orange still.  Love Satisfaction with the bright blue and a orange-peach is never ever a combination I would pick out to go together.  I'm sure I'd try to shove a taupe in there.
So I thank Rie Omoto and the creative geniuses at THREE for giving me the opportunity to try colors and texture combinations I wouldn't naturally be drawn to.
I did my nails!  Rescue Beauty Lounge in Chinoise on that pinky.
I've reviewed THREE duos before, so you can check out my thoughts on the general formula & wear (here and here), but I do think that the blue cream shade in Love Satisfaction is more prone to fading than the other duos (and the quads!).  Again, I always put on my eye shadow primer, which is Nars.  And if you see the ingredient list which I posted below, there are all sorts of silky oils at the top of the ingredient list, so maybe it's not so surprising.  Oddly enough, the other THREE creams last better on me over primer although all are prone to eventual fading and slight creasing.

Here are some swatches in direct natural light.  Left is the cream, that invisible middle is the satiny powder, and the right is the powder layered over the cream, which is truly beguiling and softens up the bloo and increases the shimmer complexity. 

I'm a little bummed that the orange-peach is pretty much my skin tone and doesn't show.  (I thought I was yellow.  Now I'm orange-peach?!)
Super fair and deeper toned I think would have more success in getting the powder shade to show up more distinctly on the skin.  Me, I need to live with it as a complexifier <---not a real word?

All praise and all credit to Drivel About Frivol and her luscious face and creativity which inspires me to outright copy!  >:)  The peach shows up like a boss on her pale neutral skin!  Me, not so much!
On the rest of my face that are notable are: Edward Bess Blush Extraordinaire in Secret Affair (here), and Chantecaille Lip Chic in Daphne.
I really like how the creams can be used as a feature item (like a wing) or a depth maker as a base.  It's a bummer that this one fades so quickly on me.  Really elegant product and shade combination.


Ingredients:

Talc, mica, tea seed oil, Alga near spinosa kernel oil *, sesame oil *, silk, jojoba seed oil *, rosehip oil *, evening primrose oil * shea butter *, safflower red, trimethoxysilyl dimethicone, beeswax *, tocopherol, dextrin, charcoal, crystalline cellulose, methyl paraben, + / -: dimethicone, iron oxide, glyceryl isostearate, titanium oxide, (dimethicone / vinyl dimethicone) crosspolymer, synthetic phlogopite, nylon-12, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, silica, ultramarine blue, cetyl ethylhexanoate, isononyl isononanoate, stearoyl glutamate 2Na, borosilicate (Ca / Al), oryzanol, gardenia blue, gardenia yellow, Triisostearate polyglyceryl-2, vaseline, triethoxycaprylylsilane, Toriechiruhekisanoin, polyethylene, microcrystalline wax, stearic acid Mg, hydroxide, Al, Prussian blue, phenoxyethanol, red 226, yellow 4 

I think I am all caught up with my THREE stuff, with the exception of Art of Parties quad.  A preview here!  I plan on some THREE splurges for my upcoming birthday.  Self present be special.
Any brand you find yourself obsessing over?


31 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! I have resisted THREE so far though, and plan to continue doing so. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're staying the path! And doing it strongly! :) Iron willed, as well, you are!

      Delete
  2. I love the blended haze of Love Satisfaction on you! I tried using a THREE cream shade as an overall base yesterday (I was SO impressed that DAF PANNED the Star Guitar cream) but it didn't quite work--I've been experimenting with new eyeshadow shapes, and I don't think I look great if I extend eyeshadow past my outer corners too much. I'm super interested in the pink/blue-grey THREE duo. Do you have that one? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Star Guitar all the time, but no pan! How does she do that???!!!
      What brushes have been using to do the base? I like a detail brush to put on & shape and a blending brush to blend.
      No, I don't have that one. I iz saving monies for the Spring ones!

      Delete
  3. Dear Bellly...why you soooo prettttty??!!! And showing off all this Three gooodies which I cannnot lay my greeedy hands on..is allll tooo unfair..I protestttttttttttttttttttttttt :D...err no ":D"...I protest :groucho face:

    I would want at least one eyeshadow that matches my skin color so accurately..it is slightly warming too, isn't it? My eyelids are kind of ashy taupey ugly on their own and using a concealer and then a primer..wayy too much work and I think more product = more oiliness/creasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I wear LOADS & LOADS of makeup, as you know. So helpful in looking presentable. whoobwhoobwhoobwhoobwhoobwhoob! As you know, all the THREE right online @ ichibankao!!

      All those layers on eyes as you describe is too much work! As long as your lids are even toned, then I think just putting on a normal primer + eye makeup sounds enough. Otherwise, getting out of bed to do makeup would require waking up at 4:30 in the morning. No bueno.

      Delete
  4. That blue color is stunning. It's a beautiful indigo color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger! That blue is really a stunner!

      Delete
  5. Love this winged eye look! Deep blue looks gorgeous on you.
    I've been seriously tempted since your review on the trio. I usually use deep creamy base then work with pressed powder or pigments so the compositions of Three is very interesting to me.
    The preview for the quad is even more gorgeous so I don't know what would happen next time I am here to read your post. ;o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blue is so pretty! thank you, Lena! I think these duos are right up your alley. It's all very easy to use, especially if you are already a happy user of cream based shadows. The brand esthetic is very appealing to me. I think you might like some as well.

      Delete
  6. More and more intrigued with THREE. Look forward to that quad review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gorgeous purple in Art of Parties! :)

      Delete
  7. You look so pretty in all the pictures :)
    That duo is so enchantingly pretty, I don't want to dig into mine coz so pretty *sigh

    Btw, layering pixi pencil in oyster glow under this duo might help these last longer and make the colours read truer to pan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. liiiiinda! thank you kindly! I love them the more I use them I use them all the time! Try them!
      the pixi pencils do not actually perform all that perfectly on me, so I think it may not be so helpful on my lids. I think I will try the peach over my NYX milk & see what it does.

      Delete
    2. I just tried out nyx hd eye primer, it's amazing! Certain suqqu shades now look amazing instead of meh as they did with nars primer.

      Delete
  8. Ohmygosh that blooo!!! I really love these unexpected pairings, but too bad the cream shades (which are always my faves in these THREE palettes) don't last! I love love love that winged eye look! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the texture & shimmer prettiness in the creams are so nice. :)

      Delete
    2. aaah.... shimmers.... my weakness..........;)

      Delete
  9. The blended haze is SO pretty! It's interesting to see how a seemingly bright, 'obvious makeup' colour combination like blue and orange can look so wearable. The more I read about the THREE duos/quads, the more I want them- they look so complex and unique and lovely GAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright blue + Orange = totally wearable! Isn't that so weird? Makes me reconsider that mustard yellow duo they have, but then eeh, mustard yellow.

      Delete
  10. That blue!!! Looks so amazing and gorgeous on you!!! Too bad it doesn't last long... it reminded me a bit of Chanel Apparition IdO and your FOTD just made me want to go back home, was ma face and re-do my makeup using either Apparition or Laura Mercier caviar stick Sapphire!!!! I admit I'm not too fond on the peachy shade since just like you, it doesn't show up on me -I thought I was yellow too, now I'm not so sure even when I still say I'm folder yellow lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne! A little bright blue is such a lovely jolt on the face! We require a fotd with just! Folder yellow! LOL! I do think my skin color changes due to redness, temperature, etc so I think I am a rainbow. Maybe you are rainbow-toned, too?

      Delete
    2. Probably, but mostly folder yellow and turning peachy as oils make their appearance... temperatura makes my skin change from combo-oily to combo-dry (just like it is ATM). I see a blueish FOTD in my near future lol

      Delete
  11. I really like the colours on you, and that wing you have going on, that is just skill, I can never do fancy stuff like that xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. skill! heh heheheh! that's because there was no video with this post showing me spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to even the wings out. And the reason the picture wasn't straight on is because they ended up totally lopsided anyway! :D

      Delete
    2. LOL, now don't be bursting my adoration bubble ;)

      Delete
    3. I really wish I had a great camera + photoshop, I'd be drawing on a new face and makeup all day long!

      Delete
  12. I wouldn't normally be drawn to this color combination either, but this looks so soft and beautiful on you :-) Bummer about the one color not showing up much, but it's nice you are still able to work with the duo so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can make it full drama or very soft. I love these THREE duos! :)

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...