Monday, January 20, 2014

SURRATT Lipslique in Hevyn

>>This post features a product that was provided by the company<<
A few weeks ago, when I was in Barney's, the SURRATT counter manager very generously offered me a Lipslique in Hevyn as a gift.  This shade was missing from the counter when I went to swatch all the colors, so I hope this is a helpful post.

I'm enjoying the texture, finish and feel of these lipsticks from SURRATT.  Made in Japan, there is no scent, no weird taste and feels great on my lips.  I was told that Hevyn is named so for Kevyn Aucoin (replace the K with the H, get it?), who is a great influence on Troy Surratt.  It is an understated color that I think would look great on a lot of people, but I'm pretty 100% sure that it is made especially for me.  Yes, how many people can say that they found a color that is completely made for them.  Okay, while the SURRATT team made not have intended it at the time, but this color is actually my natural lip color.

I'm not even saying that is a mlbb (my lips but better) color.  It's actually my lip color.  That slightly rosy, mauve cool color?  That's me.  Alright, alright, stop yelling at me.  While my lip color is not so naturally even all around, and not nearly as lustrous it's pretty darn close and a wee bit darker.
It's a fairly opaque color.  I found some of the shades when I swatched the lipsliques were more pigmented than others, but Hevyn has a nice level of opacity.  A little closer look at my lips.  You can pretend there are no flakes, no mustache, no weird redness under my nose (which I had to crop out because dry flakes looked suspicious hanging near my nose).
Here is a swatch of the color.  A very sweet but still sophisticated rosy mauve.  Slightly cool with a luster and a formula that looks great... no bleeding, no drag in applying.  Feels moisturizing and comfortable to wear.  You can see the swatches of the other lipsliques here as well as my more detailed post on Perfectionniste here.
But wait a minute... as I dig around my lipstick drawer, I found these!  Apparently, I seem to have have quite a pile of rosy, mauve nude shades.

Seems like the closest color match to Hevyn is By Terry's Flirty Rosy, which is touch darker as well as having a more satin matte finish.  In actuality, I prefer the formula of Hevyn, but if you own Flirty Rosy, or maybe even Keshiaka Creamy Glow from Suqqu, you may have a very similar color.  (EDIT: argh!  I've mislabelled Keshiaka Suqqu Creamy Glow as Umegasumi in the picture.  SORRIES.  I really need reading glasses!)
An effortless color for me in a truly lip loving formula.  Other products I'm wearing:

  • Suqqu Frame Fix Cream N foundation, Ellis Faas concealer, Suqqu Nuancing Loose Powder
  • Suqqu Brow Pen in Moss Green, THREE eye shadow Duo in Winter Love, THREE Flash Performance Eye Liner in Child of the Moon (LE)
  • THREE blush in 19 Love Kick
  • SURRATT Lipslique in Hevyn

I've been loving bright saturated lip colors these days, but I think this sort of understated color is a nice change up to my recent looks.

How about you?  What are some of your favorite perfectly your lip shades?

I'd love to hear if you have made any forays into the SURRATT beauty line!

19 comments :

  1. Ellis Faas L207 (milky lips formula) was my closest match. It made me realize that the "But Better" part of MLBB is really important for me. I just can't get away with an exact match. RdA 605 has just enough oomph that it brightens my face.

    That's a lovely color on you, though! Surratt is an intriguing new line, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try an EF lip product. The Ellis Red looks especially beautiful, too. I agree, the "but better" part does special things to the rest of the face while as colors like the one featured (while beautiful) is not necessarily brightening up the rest of me. Surratt is pretty nice so far from what I've seen. The lipsliques imo is definitely a bright part of the range.

      Delete
  2. So, so pretty on you, dear Belly! I'm adding this to my growing wishlist compiled from your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) aw, Monika! Thanks for supporting my blog with all your wishlisting! Heh hehehehe!

      Delete
  3. This shade looks great on you! It's your "my lips but better" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lily! I love these beautiful textures on the lips!

      Delete
  4. Love it! It looks great on you girl. I want that lip color too for they are not too light and not too dark as well. I will check on this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ana. It's a great shade.

      Delete
  5. This is a lovely shade. I actually think our lips might be fairly close in colour, because it looks like it would work as a MLBB shade for me as well. Although I have shades that I call "my lips but better", most of what I've found is warmer than my actual lip colour. I really like the cooler, mauv-ier cast to this one.

    Now I'm off to hit myself in the head with something so that I forget I ever saw this, because I do NOT need another brand to lust after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of a deathly color but it seems to work because it is my lip color. Do you have any of the other alternatives?
      Now I flash the Neuralyzer on you (a la MIB style) to make you completely forget Hevyn.

      Delete
  6. Oh that lipstick looks amazing on you. I'm game to try it. I examined my stash and found a few shades I like but they are not my lip shades but perfect...well I don't like my lip colour lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You probably have stuff close enough, right? I'd like a close peep at ALLLLL your lipsticks, please.

      Delete
  7. You look just hevynly! ;) I think the 'but better' part of this one lies in its texture -- truly looks divine in the closeup. I don't think I've ever found my actual lip tone in all my years of haunting the counters... maybe now that radiant orchid is TEH KOLOR someone will release an aggressively corpse-grey version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!!! I mean, color aside, the texture of this thing is totally HEVYNLY. Hur hur hur! I think it's only time, Kate, until manufacturers realize they are missing "Dead Kate" lipstick. All ze grey lipsticks for all ze world.

      Delete
  8. oh belly! You have to stop flaunting Child of the Moon... i'm weeping here.... LOL!
    That mauve-ish lip color... oh i meant your natural lip color.... that collection of your-lips-actual-color lippies.... i think we all have (sans the natural lip color)!!! *reminder to self to stop buying the same things over and over again*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda! You must be an indiscriminate shopper like me & grab all the LE coffrets sight-unseen and you shall never have another Child of the Moon regret again! -____-
      Let us slap each other from never repeating the same color purchase over & over again. SIGH.

      Delete
  9. ooooo this is gorgeous on you. my lips are very similar shade wise so maybe i need this... aghhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, is it in Chicago now? You should try & splurge during the gwp event!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful color, yet the tube doesn't provide much. It's a miss for me.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...