Saturday, January 25, 2014

Featuring Rouge Bunny Rouge - Let's Not Forget Some Favorites

It's easy to have a beauty blog (or even just be a regular beauty lover) and becoming completely enamored with all the new releases that come out.  I am guilty of constantly having my head swiveled about (literally & figuratively) by all the pretty collections that catch my attention.

Sometimes I find I need to make myself go back into my makeup collection & force myself to use things.  Not even for the sake of using them up (o!  Mr Pan!) but just to get reacquainted with things I know I adore.  What do I adore?  So many Rouge Bunny Rouge things.
Having worked my way through various creams (blushes & eye shadows), I seem to have come to a realization that powdered products do perform optimally on me.  Among those products, truly Rouge Bunny Rouge blushes and eye shadows continue to work beautifully.

Today, a look from during the work week, featuring the products shown above:

  • Rouge Bunny Rouge blush in Florita (which is on sale right now in the webshop) - a raspberry
  • Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadows in Chestnut Napped Apalis (here, along with the rest of them) & Eclipse Eagle
  • Guerlain Kohl - a stabby implement for poking out the eyeball as well as a very smoky, sexy waterline
  • Rouge Bunny Rouge sheer lipstick in Fluttering Sighs - peachy shimmery beauty
  • Normal basic products like Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation, Ellis Faas concealer, Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara, etc, etc
Easiest look to put together ever, minus the stab in the eye with the pokey applicator of the Guerlain Kohl.  Eclipse Eagle placed on the mobile lid and on the lower lash line.  Chestnut Napped Apalis blended into the crease.  Stab self in the eye with the kohl.  Done.
Of course *cough cough cough cough* having written all this, I have to say that I am even more anxiously dying to get my winter fleece mittens on the two new eye shadows being released by the brand.  That would be Roufus Tailed Weaver & Rain Dove.  Having seen Gaia's post and swatches (here), I'm afraid the siren call of new RBR just can not be resisted.

On the one hand, have too many eye shadows.  On the other hand, more neutrals?  On the other other hand, Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadows!

Are you a on to the next kind of a beauty lover, or are there old favorites you enjoy turning back to?  What are some of your most treasured beauty things?

14 comments :

  1. This is smokin!!! Love the look! One day I'll get my hands on more RBR, one day I swear! Florita is so pretty and your collection of e/s is totally drewwwlllll worthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! RBR is fantabulous quality things!

      Delete
  2. I cannot tell a lie. I placed an RBR order earlier this month because I COULDN'T WAIT for the new eye shadows. When those come out, I'll be ordering them as well. I'm also thinking about ordering Fluttering Sighs, even though I don't do peach as a rule. It just looks so purdy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGH! BLOGGER ATE MY COMMENT. D:
      I think I wrote something super eloquent about the excitement I feel about two eye shadows from RBR versus whole giant LE collections from other brands. Something about how I EXCITE!

      Delete
  3. Belly, you are so pretty and bad at the same time!
    If you describe the Guerlain Kohl, who wouldn't want to buy it and (gently) poke around the eyes? (or I'm just plain crazy..HAHA)
    And you sneaked those two eyeshadows in this post. So bad! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I meant is "If you describe the Guerlain Kohl like that" - I'm sure my computer just eats up my words. :o

      Delete
    2. I periodically poke myself in the eye when I use that kohl. I think it is just for my utter lack of coordination! Still, nice product! :DD

      Delete
  4. Hey Belly, what a coincidence! I've been giving my RBR stuff some love as well! Wore Orpheline the other day and some eyeshadows today. When it's good, it's good! I'm waiting with baited breath for the new eyeshadows as well. Can't resist RBR and I'm afraid I'll have to snag Chestnut Napped Apalis while I'm at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orpheline is definitely among my top 3 blushes for LIFE! I can't figure out what the other 2 are (probably changes with my mood), but always Orpheline is in there.
      CNA is a best blending, crease shade. Love love love their mattes.

      Delete
  5. I wantwantwant those new RBR shadows! Chestnut-Napped Apalis makes the prettiest natural crease color ever, but am I satisfied with that? No way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh!!! :) We need! We NEED those two new RBRs!

      Delete
  6. Ah, I wish Florita looked like that on me---a proper raspberry. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you need to go crazy hot pink to end up raspberry? Dain! I was so amazed to see the color Florita turned on you. Alchemy magic of your skin!

      Delete
  7. rbr dc'ed so many colours that I wanted :(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...