Saturday, January 4, 2014

Cocktail #4 The Camellia - Shiseido Eye Color Bar

I don't care that Spring collections are hitting the counters now.  I am still in full-throttle holiday mood.  Remember the Shiseido Eye Color Bar?  I was so gaga over it that I even put a new series label titled Color Cocktails professing to do many more looks.  Seeing this is only look #4 that I am putting up, I've not been all that prolific or consistent.  In truth, while in the beginning I've used this palette consistently for several weeks, I was also buying a lot of other makeup at that time and this ended up in the drawer.  The palette has a gorgeously abstract camellia flower design with the shades of the palette on it.  It kept on catching my eyes as I opened by eye shadow drawer that I had to do something with it.

Coupled with the fact that I made a trip to Target and came upon the most pristine display of NYX.  Oddly enough, this is my first real life encounter with NYX.  Obviously, it's a big brand with many fans, but not having an ULTA nearby and no real leanings towards lower end cosmetics, I never really gave it a second thought.  But when you're buying toilet paper and a beautifully clean display of makeup is in front of you, well, you pick up this:
Say hello to Milk.  This particular item is often recommended to use as a base to intensify eye shadow colors.  I do this by layering over a cream black shade (like Shiseido Caviar eye shadow) and didn't think much of trying this.  Now with the tools, I gave this a try.

You can forgive me for my really dry and broken out skin and my fleece.  It is FREEZING here as it is in many parts of the country.

I was inspired by the abstract camellia flower.  I'm not sure there is a color I didn't use in this look.
Not exactly an office friendly eye look, but layering the shades over NYX Milk certainly boosted the amp on the colors.  I actually don't think this is something I'd wear anywhere outside of my bathroom, but a nice technique in the arsenal as well as showing off the beauty of the Shiseido Eye Bar.

Don't you ever wonder what happens to products bloggers go nuts about a few months later?  Apparently, they end up in a drawer!

How are you keeping warm this week?  Are you spending your indoor time playing with makeup like me?  What new techniques have you recently learned that you want to share?

21 comments :

  1. I still love my Eye Color Bar and reach for it constantly. I like the look although can see why you wouldn't necessarily wear it to work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Maybe for a NYE party? I don't even think I would wear this for party! I've become boring beyond words.

      Delete
  2. cool look! I don't think i would go outside with it either lol. I think i have that nyx stick. or maybe in a brown shade and a lavender. HMM will have to play with those again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't have the best texture, but I'd rather use an inexpensive thing like this for playing around than getting a white By Terry or something. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a cool artistic look! I keep hearing about this Shiseido bar that I might get one for myself. I used to be all about vivid colors but now I am afraid of them. So sad..
    My tiny apartment is usually very warm in winter to the point I am in shorts but the insane old school heater feels just about right today. Not going out until Monday..
    Stay warm!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! I miss my nyc apartments that get so hot you need to open up the windows!

      Delete
  4. Mmmm a choice between toilet paper and makeup- those folks at Target are Genius! lol! So is the Nyx milk worth my toilet paper money? The colours certainly look crisp and strong - my eye colour bar probably made friends with yours in THE drawer - time to pull it out with the lost socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target... I can't leave the store without spending a ton even if I walk in there for milk & toilet paper. It's horrible!

      Delete
  5. I am glad to see that you gave the Nyx jumbo pencil a try, even if you don't use it often it is a helpful product. I use it quite a bit, but then again I go between several products for amping up eye shadow, especially if photographing it. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is so helpful!! I normally layer over black cream, so this was a nice change for me.

      Delete
  6. I am organizing my makeup products so what i also did was spent my time playing with makeup too and see if i will still use them and if not then I guess I have to give them away or hide them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than purging, did you rediscover some forgotten gems?

      Delete
  7. LOL! Should I be glad that I didn't chuck NYX Milk? I find that it creases almost immediately and gets thick if you try to lay the base. Did I get a bad pencil or is this cocktail the result of some extra fine brush work?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put on a really thin layer and noticed this is not the easiest of crayons to blend!!! I also heard that this thing creases like a mofo! honestly, I didn't keep this look on long enough to find out!!!

      Delete
  8. Belleh, this is superb!! I'm loving the dark crease shade that actually makes it look like you have moderately deep-set eyes--it looks really natural! I keep trying to do this and I keep failing. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried before with a dark brown and it looked weird. I think it looks better higher on my lid than I think would look natural. This is like a baby cut crease or something.
      What's looking wrong on you?

      Delete
  9. That's a color explosion!!! I love it!!! You know, this hasn't arrived to Mexico, it suppossed to be here for Holiday but haven't seen it yet :( Since I'm a huge fan of Shi eyeshadow, I was really willing to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it never showing up in Mexico??? How unfair!!

      Delete
  10. LOL Mr. G and I were laughing about how we managed to make an under $200 target trip the other day, because that seems to never happen! Very cool look...wish I was brave enough to wear something like this, but like you I'm sure I'd never see the light of day ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target trip for toilet paper = $200 worth of stuff. Pretty much a rule of target shopping.

      When we meet, I will wear this. I hope it will be halloween. >:)

      Delete
    2. LOLOL I'm gonna hold you to that!!!!!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...