Friday, December 27, 2013

THREE Pressed Eye Color Palette Duo in 01 Love Fascination

I realize it's completely possible to write this blog into oblivion by focusing so much on really difficult to buy Japanese luxury cosmetics.  On the one hand, I like the idea that my blog would be useful to others also equally looney about the niche and luxe.  On the other hand, I like to think I am writing to be read.  On the other hand (what, third hand) I like to think I stay true to my nature and focus on the things I am mulling over at the moment, so today, the THREE products I am currently loving.

THREE is available readily (and with a eye smarting markup) at Ichibankao, as well as in physical counters in Japan and Bangkok).

Today, I am featuring the very basic and neutral eye shadow duo Love Fascination from the Japanese brand THREE.
I am in trouble, because on January 15th, the brand releases four more duos as part of the S/S 2014 line up for the enigmatic and beautifully named Optimistic Ethereal collection.  I kind of want to collect them all, but noooo, that would be way too consumerist of me and not in any way sane.
from the Optimistic Ethereal S/S 2014 Collection
clockwise from top left:
07 Let the Happiness in, 08 Third Eye Open, 09 Invisible Ethereal, 10 Dark Eyed Angel

I shall concentrate on the duo I DO own, which is 01 Love Fascination.  It's a combination of a cream-based dark grey taupe on the left, and a lighter slightly dove grey powder shadow.
In other lights, the lighter grey has a more lavender tint.
The darker cream shade is fairly well pigmented and has a lovely, very smooth and malleable texture that is easy to use.  It makes quick work of lining with a firm brush or can be used to create a deep base on the lids.  It has multi-colored shimmer, but it is not garish or blingy.

The lighter shade is impossible fine in texture and sweeps on to the lids beautifully.  There is a sparse silvery shimmer in this shade but mostly reads as a satin.

I've swatched each of the shades in turn and then layered the powder shade over the cream.
 Overall on my skin and on my eyes, the effect is slightly cool with the very fine interest in texture from the shimmer.

You can see the shimmer better in the picture below.
The only con is really about the cream shade, which doesn't completely set and is moveable if you rub it and is prone to fade eventually.  I use everything over my Nars Pro Prime primer which prolongs the wear of this duo, but I have noticeable fading and slight smearing at about 4-5 hours.  It's easily fixable with a patting of my fingertip, but if you are very oily on the eyelids, then you may want to pass on these duos.


Used also: Pixi Endless Silky Pen in Noir Black, Addiction Cheek Polish
in Suspicious, THREE Glam Touch lipstick in Ediths Way
Me, I really like how they sit on my eyelids.  A very basic and neutral duo for sure, but so easy to use and with the most silky and fine texture.  In this look, I've used the cream to build a base on my upper lids to the socket and also under my lower lash line and used the cream to extend the shape out in an elongated way. I've used the powder shade over the entire thing and past the socket line and also under the lower lash line.

How was your Christmas, if you celebrate?  Can you BELIEVE Spring collections are starting to hit counters and websites already?  I am in gloriously beautiful and FRIGID cold New Hampshire.  I'm sorry, it's just started to be winter now.  I don't think I am ready for Spring yet.
Does this look like Spring to you??!!
What's new in the makeup arena for you these days?  Have you tried the THREE duos?  Do they fade and crease on your lids?

16 comments:

  1. The duo looks beautiful! And I'm jealous of your wintery scenery, it's more like fall now here in Poland - no snow, but at least it's warm :) Hope you had an amazing Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super mild at home here in NY but crazy winter in New England! It's best to enjoy the warmer days because you'll be in deep freeze when you get back.
      Hope your vacation in Poland is amazing!! <33

      Delete
  2. Spring makeup just comes earlier and earlier... What do you think of the lipstick?

    I love my holiday THREE duo, but for some reason the current duos don't tempt me... some of the spring ones do, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I have is very nice, really light texture and nicely pigmented (though I blotted it down above).

      The icy tones of the holiday duo is perfect for you! The spring ones are calllllling me. I think Love Fascination would be too muddy for you.

      Delete
  3. Your writing is much enjoyable regardless of the subject and I am sure many others feel the same way, so rest assured you're writing to be read! :)
    I love the third swatch with these two colors layered. It looks real pretty on your lids as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smooch, Lena! Thank you! I shall soon to writing prose on all sorts of boring preoccupations in no time!

      Delete
  4. le siiiigh! I still want this one but on the fourth hand or second foot, would owning four out of five duos of the original launch bother me? Might as well go the whole hog, no? But that way madness lies and the hallucinating of yet moar appendages.
    The spring duos look so very belly, bit dusty/muted for me :/ (NGL, still covet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooh, Kate! I think this is way to boring and neutral for you. Although if it fills a niche in your collection, then this is a worthy addition.

      Spring! SIGHHHHHHH.

      Delete
  5. gray taupes are my weakness...so flattering and easy to wear with any lip color ah Three, why so expensive?!! waaant

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Why so expensive indeed?! >:(

      Delete
  6. Oooh I don't know this brand at all! Love the packaging and I'd be real curious to try one of those duos. I loooove the look you did! I think this time around I'll dip into Dior a bit for spring I can't wait to see the collection irl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Everything is so sleek with THREE. I really adore so many things from the brand.

      Dior spring! I don't think I've seen anything yet! I shall keep my winterized eyeballs peeled.

      Delete
  7. I will follow you to the depths of these hard-to-access Japanese brands!! I love THREE so very much, but the duos.... i'm still mulling over the SS14 collection. A temporary makeup ban may be in order. And YES, holy cow, i wanna hit those ski slopes! No, i'm not ready for spring in the least... i'm still enjoying my holiday palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a skier, but it was beautiful outside in all that snow!

      OOOH! I hope you splurge on some SS THREE so that I can go & drool up your blog!

      Delete
  8. Lovely! It kinda reminds me of SheWolf. The tone is cool and very nice... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) ah! So true Dr Ebru on the resemblance! Minus the glitter shade!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...