Thursday, December 5, 2013

This or This?

(I like to manufacture artificial drama and dilemma so that I can generate some new content on the blog.) 

I was speaking to my fellow makeup obsessive and friend Neicy about revisiting some items I'd posted about earlier and then putting down some further blahbbity blah about it.

One such item is the Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil in Espresso (here).  I was very positive about it when I posted and guess what?  Since using it down to an almost unusable nub, I like it even more now.  It's a perfect balance for me of creamy pigmentation and smudgeability that I've managed to use it practically every day.  Even amongst my very special THREE pencils and the very utilitarian and capable Pixis, I love Tom Ford's Espresso for beautiful definition and for building smoke!

Some further thought noodles I have:
It won't really last hours and hours indelibly on the waterline.  No, but for my purposes of soft definition, it's perfection.  I also have oily lids, but with my Nars Pro prime, I don't find a significant amount of smearing or fading.

Work horses deserve adoration and LOVE.  Enduring LOVE.  However, ever since I've been seeing the Driveller lady's post on the By Terry Kohl Terrybly in Royal Navy (here) (especially her look 2 with the blue waterline), I've been biding my time until the need to buy BURSTS and becomes all consuming.  Like right now.  Black Panties is also trying to kill me (here).

bloooooooooooo
 Re buy that boring basic work horse or buy BLOOOOOO?  I would use brown nearly every day.  I would use bloo a few times but I would love it and then it would sit in my eye liner drawer.  ("blooo" seems to keep coming up in spell check.  Blooo is a real word: for painfully beautiful BLOO.  What the...?!)

I'm withering away and dying on the inside.  Such feels and such problematic dilemmas.  Won't anyone take away dis pain??  D:  D:  D:

27 comments:

  1. Haha I say repurchase your everyday basic! I might be biased though. Blue isn't really my favorite shade. If you're looking at a khaki or plum, I might say something different :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the bloo, I love a deep inky dark navy blue on a brown eye - sadly it gets lost in my eyelid awnings but I know that it is there - a bit like sexy underwear with normal everyday clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Jan! I like how you speaks! Bloo for the sexy!

      Delete
  3. buy bloooooo lol. bloooo. i think mostly bc i like to say blooooooo :) Do you NEED the basic workhorse? If you have plenty of the basics then why not go for fun, right? (As long as you think you would wear)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing this post was very therapeutic. This lemming can die another day! I can't imagine wearing this often enough to justify a purchase. But but.....BLOOOO

      Delete
  4. I'm lusting after that bloo too. I like brown liners too, I hate black coz I look scary as with black lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black looks a little harsh on me, too. I do love a good brown liner, obviously. I may need both. Barh!

      Delete
    2. I went to my local counter to find it but the SA there doesn't even know about that color but she was excited when I told about how popular it is lol
      Australia is so slow. I also saw top shop for the first time, I felt old and they had a line up area with bouncers so I didn't go in for a peak.

      Delete
  5. I'd go for bloo. Bloo can be work appropriate and very basic is used cunningly and sparingly, right? BLOO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any cunning! D:
      I'm liable to slather it all over my face, but I'd be happy and proud to wear BLOO all over MAH FACE!

      Delete
  6. They're both so different I think you're justified getting both! It sounds like the TF$ is now a staple, and staples can be repurchased with 0 guilt. If you only want to get one out of the two, I'd vote for Espresso, especially if you already have the blue THREE flash performance liner. XD

    Option 2: the By Terry pencil in Brown Secret--a workhorse brown in a new formula! :P

    Option 3: Purge the Pixis, get Espresso and Royal Navy. :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I don't have the THREE bloo... I feel entirely justified to buy everything. I'm going to sit on my hands and ponder myself into ineffective and impotent inaction.

      Delete
    2. No THREE bloo? Then you can TOTES get the By Terry bloo. It does look like the one bloo to rule them all. :D

      Delete
  7. Buy the bloooo :) I think it's a nice, non-basic color that you can wear the hell out of since it CAN be an everyday shade if you want it to be. Yes, you CAN BLOO. YOU CANNNN.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Y U ASK SUCH HARD QUESTIONS?
    Okay, I will be predictable and vote BLOOO. I'm sure you must have browns in palettes and whatnot which could be dragooned into daily workhorsiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I am speshul, too. I need a Bloo in my life.

      Delete
  10. That blue is so pretty. I want it too!

    Also I love hearing about products way after they are purchased, seeing what truly worked out & what didn't. I'm actually working on a "reviews revisited" series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I rush to get a post out, they are not always reflected of how I end up feeling about a product. I am looking forward to your revisited series!!! :D

      Delete
  11. Yoooo haz decision constipation! Trust me because I checked WebMD. To relieve your symptoms, I would like to cast a vote for BLOOO too.

    Besides the fact that blue will make brown eyes pop, the color will calm its sassy self if you wedge it between black mascara and eyeliner! I used to eschew bright eye colors until I fell in love with By Terry Purple Success & Bordeaux mascara. Although both colors are quite bright, they are virtually undetectable unless someone gets all up in yo grillz.

    - Josie


    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this and hope it becomes a series!
    Love the new pic too.
    BLOO. Get the BLOO, you wanted it for a while and it will cheer up some old neutrals and make everything seem fresh and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about Navy BLOO instead? Wearable, and bloo at the same time. Win-win?
    Btw, how's Pixi compared to TF in terms of texture (softness/smudgability) and pigment (depth of pigment)? I still have my Pixi, but like you, I use brown everyday and am looking for a replacement -- maybe TF fits the bill?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Better yet, buy BOTH! See I am a great problem solver. The brown for daily wear and the blooooo for when your feeling "sassy";)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm on the side of giving your workhorse the love it deserves. You KNOW you'll use it so it makes the most sense to get the Tom Ford. You can enjoy the pretty bloo online...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...