Tuesday, December 3, 2013

SURRATT Lipsliques - Swatch Set

When I last posted about SURRATT, the new beauty line exclusively at Barneys, I was particularly effusive about how fantastic the lipsliques were.  I had picked up Perfectionniste and had it covered in more detail in that post (here).  I wanted to share some pictures of the swatches I made at the counter of the rest of the colors.

A few colors were not available at the counter so hence, not pictured: Hevyn, Au Courant and Brun Nude.

In the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the rest of the colors.  Looks like there is something for most people's tastes, ranging from baby pinks, to corals, to nudes to reds, to plums.  The pigmentation seems to vary from shade to shade.  Each swatch is two swipes so you can tell a bit on the overall sheerness/pigmentation.
I'm not hugely into very pale shades, but Gamine is looking kind of sweet to me right now.  And the bright Rubis looks absolutely dreamy.  Oh L'Amour looks exactly like the kind of warm sheer red I would normally be drawn to (here and here and what the heck here) so I must make the effort of not buying this.

Lady Bug - sheer warm orange
Eglatine - plummy rose
Ritzy - pale neutral pink
Bandy - warm brown toned beige
Pom Pon - pale cool pink
Perfectionniste - rosy pink (still love!)
Chuchoter - pale pink beige
Nu de Soleil - v. sheer warm mauve beige
Gamine - warm pinky coral
Bon Bon - pale cool baby pink
Club Sept - brown
Oh L'Amour - warm sheer red
Paramour - sheer peachy nude
Rubis - cool jeweled ruby pink
Fee Soie - warm sugared pink (I think there's shimmer in this one)
Peccadille - plum
The Beauty Professor has a video and also some extensive swatches of the lipsliques as well as rest of the range, so do check it out (here).

I was very fortunate to be given a gift of Hevyn, so I hope to swatch and show that soon.

What do you think of these colors?

18 comments :

  1. I was drawn to Gamine as well. Thank you for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been looking fabulous with the pale shades lately, Carina! I bet Gamine would look really nice on you. Look like the LMdB Sahara a bit. Mebbe?

      Delete
  2. Way too many here that look yummy!!!! I'm scared I'll end up wanting more than 1 LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Rubis would be a nicer replacement for Burberry Rosy Red?

      Delete
  3. LOL! I'm drawn to exactly the three/four you comment on :D *chants 'things look very different on us'* *flees delicious swatches*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking Rubis must be ours. And then I'd have to scratch my head about how completely diff it would look! XD

      Delete
  4. Totally with you, girlfriend. Gamine, Perfectionniste, or Rubis. Or maybe even Ritzy to satisfy my pinky craving. Btw, did you say that these lipsliques are made in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me see if I have the box lying around somewheres. I'm not sure where these suckers are made, but unscented and taste-free (I was just typing tasteless but that wasnt the right word!) which is really nice.

      Delete
  5. Hi Belly :)
    From your previous post I think Perfectionniste looks gorgeous on you! I think I might get that one, Fee Soie & possibly Gamine. Thank you for the fantastic swatches! Look forward to the Heyvn swatches. If you have a chance could you please swatch the blushes & eyeshadows for us? If not thats okay- like I need another eyeshadow/blush like I need a hole in my head as mother would tell me, lol
    x Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pale shades are looking really pretty in this range, aren't they? They normally are not my thing, but these look pretty. I will try to get another look at the e/s and/or blushes if they will tolerate me messing around there again! :DD I don't want to fall in love with an eye shadow or blush! I don't need that hole in my head EITHER!

      Delete
  6. I want Chuchoter for the name alone, though it's probably never going to show up on my lips. :'( How do they compare to the CdP lip luminizers? I'm trying so hard to finish an old one (a bit too pale and beige, so I mix it with other lippies) and maybe I'll replace it with one of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too much pigmentation on my lips for sheer pale things to show, but Chuchoter has a good bit of pigment! I MUCH prefer these to the CdPs. I purged those because though the colors were so lucious, I thought the formula was way to slippy and messy.

      Delete
  7. Oh Belly, I should have never clicked your blarg's link!!! Now you're creating new difficult to get lemmings... Those shades look gorgeous, and seems hydrating -what my lips need. Seems I should definitely keep on my low buy so I can save and do a hauling visit to NY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello pretty Anne. :) We need all the hydrating lip formulas, right? These feel awful nice and I think you will enjoy the beautiful formula.

      Delete
  8. Great swatches!!! They look so pretty. Now I am having a hard time choosing the best color =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are so beautiful, too, Sue! So many pretty colors to choose from!

      Delete
  9. Wow so many pretty colors. Great swatches.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...