Saturday, December 21, 2013

Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio

I'm going away!  On vacation.  I thought I'd make the packing experience a bit more multi purpose and taking some pictures of the things I am packing beauty wise as well as a more detailed view of the Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio.

A long time ago, I posted a short Vine on it.  (Please, I beg you.  Follow me on Twitter to see all my Vines and all my really deep thoughts.)


Well, that Vine was a while ago, so let's look at it a bit closely, with some more information.

The Custom Artist Portfolio is a makeup organizer that you can use to travel and/or store your makeup. It's a large organizer with various mesh bags as well as other organizing utilities.  (edited to add that this portfolio also comes with two empty palettes which will fit in various Laura Mercier cosmetics items.  I only have a scant few LM items, so I don't use the empty palettes)
 It's a very sturdy mahogany brown material.  Feels like vinyl or something.
Man Hands
Opened up, you can see the various zippered pouches and a brush case.  There are two zippered pouches on either side of the unit and in the middle, a flap which holds brushes.
You can see that the other side of the brush holder has another open elastic top pouch.
The brush holder is pretty handy and has eight places for brushes.  The ones holding the eye brushes are pretty small and wouldn't hold more than one.  I actually had to think hard about which ones I was going to pack since I couldn't take many brushes.  I should have washed them prior to leaving for the trip.  Too late to wash them as they won't dry in time.
From left to right:
  1. Tom Ford Smokey Eye Brush - here
  2. Tom Ford Eye Shadow Brush - here
  3. Missha spoolie
  4. Suqqu Cheek brush - here
  5. Hakuhodo K005
  6. Suqqu eye brow brush G - here
  7. Suqqu eye shadow brush M 
  8. Paula Dorf Sheer Crease Brush
  9. Suqqu eye shadow brush L
  10. Suqqu eye shadow brush F
The brush holder can be zipped and removed.

Each of the mesh pouches are removable and held in place by magnets to the main portfolio.  It would make a good takeaway makeup bag to drop into a purse.

Here's what I've stuffed into the pouches.
My skincare pouch has some of my regular use items, plus other handy travel sized items.  They are all from AmorePacific.  This brand is super generous with samples especially in Korea.  In Korea, all the Korean brands are very generous with samples.  In the US, not as much, but there are various events to score these deluxe sized samples which are very handy for travel.
  1. Time Response Skin Renewal Fluid
  2. Time Response Skin Renewal Toner
  3. Time Response Skin Renewal Cream
  4. Treatment Enzyme Peel
  5. Treatment Cleansing Foam - normally, I don't double cleanse following an oil/balm cleanse, but I find the AmorePacific oil leaves a noticeable residue on my skin which I don't like, so I will use this foam cleanser.
  6. Treatment Cleansing Oil - said oil cleanser mentioned above
  7. Innisfree Eye Cream - I actually never use eye creams, but I'm thinking this might come in handy in soothing skin exposed to cold windy outdoors.
Other pouch:

  1. Cerave Moisturizing Cream - I like the thick but non-sticky texture.  
  2. A decanted jar of Chantecaille Future Skin in my Chamomile + Porcelain concoction
  3. Nuxe Reve de Miel lipbalm
  4. Biore UV Face Milk sunscreen
  5. AmorePacific Moisture Bound Lip Treatment - this I bought to keep around my bag and at work as it has a more travel friendly tube than the Nuxe.  I hope I like it.

Pencil/Tube shaped things:

  1. Edward Bess Natural Lip Definer - my go with everything lip liner here
  2. Physicians Formula 2-1 liquid lining pen in Ultra Black
  3. Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil in Espresso - I'm going to use this stub until there is nothing left to hold here
  4. THREE liner in 02 Eye Believe - swatched here
  5. By Terry Kohl Terrybly in Royal Navy - Bloo Mediation here
  6. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl - here
  7. By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon - here
  8. Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof mascara
  9. Ellis Faas concealer - On my 4th or so tube now. here
  10. Nars Pro Prime Eye Shadow primer - here & here

Big pouch:

  1. Clockwise from the zebra Z-Palette:
    1. Depotted THREE Star Guitar quad - here
    2. Depotted THREE blush in Love Kick - here
    3. Depotted Rouge Bunny Rouge Solstice Halcyon (the smaller round) - here with some other taupes
    4. Depotted Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracious Arasari - here
  2. THREE blush in Wind Swept Soul - here
  3. Suqqu Nuancing Eye Brow Palette in Moss Green - here
  4. Chantecaille Lip Chic in Amour - here
  5. Visee Creamy Lipstick in RD401- here
  6. Chantecaille Lip Chic in Daphne
  7. Guerlain Rouge G in Girly
  8. Canmake Cream Blush in CL01
  9. Suqqu Eye Lash Curler
And at the last minute, I also shoved my AmorePacific CC Cushion Compact in there for one stop sun protection and foundation option (here).

This post was painful to write!  I thought it'd be an easy wham-bam post, but it was endless linking!

If you have any question on the portfolio or any of the items in here, please let me know in the comments.  

Obviously the portfolio holds quite a bit of items, which is great.  But it's easy to overload so that the portfolio becomes hard to close.  I recommend not stuffing the mesh bags to bulging because then the items will crush as you try to zip the portfolio back up.  Crap, I think I still overpacked.  Yikes.

Speaking of bulging, I am looking forward to stuffing my face full of Christmas cheer this vacation.  Hope everyone is merry and well.  

34 comments:

  1. OMG, you can get tons of things in there!!!! I never cared much for the LM Artist portfolio, until now!!! Thanks for showing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It holds a ton of stuff! I doubt I will get to use most of what I packed, but a girl needs options and this portfolio definitely has room for some options.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hello, BBN! Merry Merry Christmas! Hope things are not too frigid cold there. :)

      Delete
  3. gosh i love this and all the slots and all the pretties. i really want one, ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you travel all the time! This would be so handy for you, Joyce. I really wished I had one of these when I was traveling a ton for work. I would have really made some good use out of it. But even for these occasional trips, the LM portfolio is proving pretty handy.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I had no idea it could hold THIS much stuff! Have a great holiday, Belly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this and the little one too!! I really like the design but I feel like I can't fit as much in as I would like! You have to lie everything flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi baby! It's true, you need to lie everything flat, otherwise, it is impossible to zip things back up. The small one looks like for a weekend or an overnight trip. I need the big one, because I must pack ALLLLLL the options. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! This would have been fantastic back in the day I had to travel a lot. Enjoy your time away! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Helene. Hope your holidays is filled with cuddly pajama days! <3

      Delete
  7. This portfolio comes in very handy and it can actually carry so much stuff! I think I need one :-) Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily! Good for those of us that can't decide how in the world to pare down the makeup for trips. :DD

      Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year! <33

      Delete
  8. Your travel packing looks a lot like mine! I HAVE TO bring everything with me. LOL.
    How do you like the AmorePacific skincare lines? I haven't used Korean products for so long only because they are much more expensive here.
    And I spot a couple of my staples there! I love Cerave cream and Biore UV milk!

    Anywayz, happy holidays and hope you have a great time. Safe trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I need all those things. Although, now into the vacation, I've worn the lip balm. Not sure why I needed to bring so many lipsticks.
      I love the AP Time Response line. I love it except for the $$$$$ prices. I started to use them when I lived in Seoul and used to buy it in Duty Free which many it significantly less expensive and also used to hoard all the many samples. Now I buy at Bergdorf Goodman or Nordstrom when there are discounts + GWP events going on. Pretty much the most exorbitantly expensive skincare line I can possibly use, but unfortunately, my skin seems to love that shit. :)
      Happy Holidays, Lena! Keep warm! Enjoy that 70 degrees in NY this week.

      Delete
  9. If ONLY one could go on vacation without all the packing & decision making before hand!
    Here's wishing you a wonderful break and happy times with your family.
    I hope we'll be reading more from you again in 2014!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <33 Helloooo Buggsie Bee! When inspiration strikes, there be Belly plus a new post! I hope to be around in 2014.
      Happy Holidays!!!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope your holidays are wonderful! <3

      Delete
  11. Belly! Have a very jolly holiday!

    -Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Josie! Warm wishes for your holidays!

      Delete
  12. Agreed w/ Anne above, I can't believe how much stuff you can stuff that bag! Wishing you the best for the holiday, Bellykins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire Claire Claire! Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  13. Wow. That's a very efficient little system. I'm embarrassed to say that I travel with my things wrapped in plastic bags a lot of the time. Hope you have a wonderful vacation and that Santa brings you lots of pretty things for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, wishing you a deeeeeelightful Christmas!

      Delete
  14. OMG!!! This is amazing! You have put all that in there? I need this especially that we travel a lot lately and I do not want my products to be left behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once you can decant or get deluxe sized skincare stuff, you can shove a TON of things in there!

      Delete
  15. After purchasing this, I realized I never actually pack that much skincare/makeup, so I've actually devoted one of the pouches to camera/chargers/eyemasks/extras. Best purchase EVER. I loved nosing through your organization, thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hi there! This thing is super handy. I think on my next holiday though, I will try to go more minimalistic in terms of products, so I think the charger/camera/etc idea is fantastic!!!

      Delete
  16. Have to say I love the LM Artist portfolio!!! I was using it for a number of months but stopped because my brushes were getting crushed and ultimately it's just too heavy to bring all the time. But I miss it though because I really felt like it protected everything so well...a couple of my compacts have nicks and things because the makeup case I'm using now isn't hard sided. Hmmm...maybe I need to figure something out because I loved using it, plus you can see everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purposely didn't stuff the pouches with more thinking the brushes will squish, but at the end of the day, the whole thing is so big. It allows for some serious over packing.
      Did you see they have a smaller case, too?

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...