A long time ago, I posted a short Vine on it. (Please, I beg you. Follow me on Twitter to see all my Vines and all my really deep thoughts.)
Well, that Vine was a while ago, so let's look at it a bit closely, with some more information.
The Custom Artist Portfolio is a makeup organizer that you can use to travel and/or store your makeup. It's a large organizer with various mesh bags as well as other organizing utilities. (edited to add that this portfolio also comes with two empty palettes which will fit in various Laura Mercier cosmetics items. I only have a scant few LM items, so I don't use the empty palettes)
Opened up, you can see the various zippered pouches and a brush case. There are two zippered pouches on either side of the unit and in the middle, a flap which holds brushes.
You can see that the other side of the brush holder has another open elastic top pouch.
The brush holder is pretty handy and has eight places for brushes. The ones holding the eye brushes are pretty small and wouldn't hold more than one. I actually had to think hard about which ones I was going to pack since I couldn't take many brushes. I should have washed them prior to leaving for the trip. Too late to wash them as they won't dry in time.
- Tom Ford Smokey Eye Brush - here
- Tom Ford Eye Shadow Brush - here
- Missha spoolie
- Suqqu Cheek brush - here
- Hakuhodo K005
- Suqqu eye brow brush G - here
- Suqqu eye shadow brush M
- Paula Dorf Sheer Crease Brush
- Suqqu eye shadow brush L
- Suqqu eye shadow brush F
The brush holder can be zipped and removed.
Here's what I've stuffed into the pouches.
- Time Response Skin Renewal Fluid
- Time Response Skin Renewal Toner
- Time Response Skin Renewal Cream
- Treatment Enzyme Peel
- Treatment Cleansing Foam - normally, I don't double cleanse following an oil/balm cleanse, but I find the AmorePacific oil leaves a noticeable residue on my skin which I don't like, so I will use this foam cleanser.
- Treatment Cleansing Oil - said oil cleanser mentioned above
- Innisfree Eye Cream - I actually never use eye creams, but I'm thinking this might come in handy in soothing skin exposed to cold windy outdoors.
- Cerave Moisturizing Cream - I like the thick but non-sticky texture.
- A decanted jar of Chantecaille Future Skin in my Chamomile + Porcelain concoction
- Nuxe Reve de Miel lipbalm
- Biore UV Face Milk sunscreen
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Lip Treatment - this I bought to keep around my bag and at work as it has a more travel friendly tube than the Nuxe. I hope I like it.
- Edward Bess Natural Lip Definer - my go with everything lip liner here
- Physicians Formula 2-1 liquid lining pen in Ultra Black
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil in Espresso - I'm going to use this stub until there is nothing left to hold here
- THREE liner in 02 Eye Believe - swatched here
- By Terry Kohl Terrybly in Royal Navy - Bloo Mediation here
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl - here
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon - here
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof mascara
- Ellis Faas concealer - On my 4th or so tube now. here
- Nars Pro Prime Eye Shadow primer - here & here
- Clockwise from the zebra Z-Palette:
- Depotted THREE Star Guitar quad - here
- Depotted THREE blush in Love Kick - here
- Depotted Rouge Bunny Rouge Solstice Halcyon (the smaller round) - here with some other taupes
- Depotted Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracious Arasari - here
- THREE blush in Wind Swept Soul - here
- Suqqu Nuancing Eye Brow Palette in Moss Green - here
- Chantecaille Lip Chic in Amour - here
- Visee Creamy Lipstick in RD401- here
- Chantecaille Lip Chic in Daphne
- Guerlain Rouge G in Girly
- Canmake Cream Blush in CL01
- Suqqu Eye Lash Curler
And at the last minute, I also shoved my AmorePacific CC Cushion Compact in there for one stop sun protection and foundation option (here).
This post was painful to write! I thought it'd be an easy wham-bam post, but it was endless linking!
If you have any question on the portfolio or any of the items in here, please let me know in the comments.
Obviously the portfolio holds quite a bit of items, which is great. But it's easy to overload so that the portfolio becomes hard to close. I recommend not stuffing the mesh bags to bulging because then the items will crush as you try to zip the portfolio back up. Crap, I think I still overpacked. Yikes.
Speaking of bulging, I am looking forward to stuffing my face full of Christmas cheer this vacation. Hope everyone is merry and well.