Monday, December 16, 2013

Blog Blues

It snowed like the dickens this weekend.  I spent some time with my family frolicking in the snow, sledding and making general snow merry.  I attempted to get my children to make for me a new snow woman, perhaps with an updated fotd, to update my blogger profile icon.  But the snow was super powdery and wouldn't hold.  Perhaps the next storm? 
Boing boing boing
I've pretty much fallen off the blogging routine lately and not really have much planned in terms of new posts.  I reserve any and all picture taking to the scant few hours of bright sunlight during the weekend and with gloomy weather, bone chilling temperature, snow (above) and sunset which is at about 4:30pm, it's near impossible to keep it going.  I actually misplaced my camera for 2 weeks and barely missed it at all!

I'm also not sure if its my mood these days, which is unusually low, but my general interest in all the things beauty is a bit on the decline.

A couple of beauty-related things that I am mulling over:
  • maybe buying that extra Chantecaille Future Skin foundation jar in Porcelain, because my Chamecelain is absolutely the best match I've had in all teh long long years of my many decades of living!  (Future Skin posts here & here)
  • trying to thinking about which colors I want to buy of the lipsticks from Visee.  My friend in Japan had sent me a gift of the Visee Creamy Lipstick in RD401 and omg!  I LOVE this to DEATH.  This is a Japanese drugstore brand.  I do wish they had other brights in addition to RD401 which is glorious!  See full color offering here.
RD401 on Belly
  • continued obsessing over Guerlain Rouge G in Girly.  Driveller Kate decapitated one for me *swirls pointed index finger at temple* and I am adoring it!  I shall need to continue to ponder the Girly/ Gracy/ Reflex/ Bianca pink lipstick conundrum.  Why some pooh, why some not pooh?
Girly on lips, THREE holiday coffret on eyes
  • And HELLO?!  I have a giveaway going on, so you must, you must you must increase your bust.  I mean, you must enter!  I know, I know, US residents only this time, because for us sad chaps in the US, the Guerlain Blanc de Perles collection is not easy to acquire.  Enter HERE and it ends on the 18th!
  • Chanel Joues Contrast in Accent.  I don't know what my thing is. I have a low running fever about this blush item.  I'm grateful that it is pretty much out of stock, otherwise I'd be pining away for it.  Now I can just squish this odd lemming.  *SQUISH*
  • Haircut.  I am hankering for a haircut because my hair is so long & boring.  I sometimes take time to style it, but I am so darn bored.  I always regret drastic haircuts because lazy ponytail/bun hybrids are harder to do, and lets face it, that's 80% of my hairstyle.
    insane hair
  • Noticing that even though my no-buy is over, the whole exercise DID seem to take some wind out of my sails in terms of the rate of acquisition.  Very, very interesting.
I got the blogging blahs, how are you these days?  Does your love to beauty related things ebb & flow, too?  What beauty or non-beauty things have been occupying your thoughts?

20 comments:

  1. I like the insane hairstyle, though! :) Have a case of blogging blahs, too, though I suppose it doesn't really look like it from the frequency of posts. Also been really... hmm... restrained when it comes to beauty purchases. Like, really. I HAVE been buying stuff, but more often than not, it's like "Well, what am I going to do with this new chubby lip crayon when I already have one just like it?"

    Anyway, hi! Nice to see you here despite ze blogging blooz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carina, I am amazed with how productive you are with your new posts! Amazed and totally demoralized!! :P I really enjoy all the series you do, which are so creative and not necessarily new product/purchase driven. Just really don't have much of a creative bone in my body. It's very hard to function!

      Delete
  2. Um...I may have Accent up for grabs on my blogsale page...just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOOOH! Eviiiiiillllle, temptress. Totally deserving of the extra syllables in evil.

      Delete
  3. It's the end of the year after all, and I get a bit gloomier than normal too. SO and I are deracinated Azn heathens who don't "do" holidays to begin with, plus I feel so much guilt at not having achieved much for the year, and dread at the prospect of getting older with the new year. XP

    As for hair--what about a bob? You'd have to go to the hairdressers a bit more often, but otherwise, it should be fairly low maintenance. Alternatively, a Korean digital perm! I'd love to get one, but my hair is already the texture of hay and I'm not risking it. >)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perrrrmmmmmmm! I totally had many perms as a pre-teen. I had crazy permed hair! I kind of want one for all the extra waves/body but just like my skin getting drier with age, my hair is all sorts of dry, too. :(((

      I would also do a pixie cut if it weren't for my totally flat back of the head. Dern.

      Delete
  4. Totally relating to blog blues here. Feels more like end of year blues as well. I have heaps of products and some pics but no time to refine and make the posts. Also spending more time in Photoshop editing pics is zzz because I already do that all day for work. I have been reading blogs/mua while peddling on an exercise bike and I getting fitter while time flies is awesome. My hair is worse, ponytail or messy bun all year round hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I envy you your blazing hot Australian sun in which to take beautiful pictures. Every picture lately just looks so bleeeeh. I feel like I don't do justice to any makeup item when I take pictures these days. Kekekek. If my job were photography/photo editing related I would never want to blog and take pictures! :P

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love that pic of little belly kid in the snow!!!! So freakin cuuuuute!!!! I haven't been down so much about blogging lately as I've been about the weather and not wanting to take pics in the overcast weather and snow!!! So I've not been able to do all the posts I'd like, and have quite a backlog of pretty things. Darn. It's annoying but also kind of a nice way to try to do some other posts. All these lippies are gorgeous on you - lucky!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Belly Kid is my total cutie patootie. :) I'd much rather play in the snow with her than stare at an empty blog post draft screen, ya knoooww?

      Delete
  6. I absolutely agree about the makeup ban taking wind out of our beauty-addiction sails! I didnt expect Id feel this way, more like the opposite (buying all out even those I dont need because Ive restrained myself for a long time). But whaddayaknow, i feel less inclined to buy nowadays. Really surprising but definitely a good thing. :)

    Love your beautiful hair belly!! But would love to see it shorter too, probably a chin-length 'bob'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHARINA! It's a nice unexpected result for both of us, eh? whaddayaknow, Joe?

      I always regret hair too short to put up, but maybe? I have scissor issues!

      Delete
  7. I totally know where you are coming from. I have barely worn any makeup recently and was just feeling rather down in general. I think it may have to do with NEVER seeing the sun. I'm at work before it rises and leave after it sets. Also, it really doesn't help that Christmas for us is going to be super light this year. We have to reign in all of our spending as we are saving for a downpayment on a house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the no sun thing is really sucky! Definitely is a mood downer. :((
      Happy Christmas anyway! A house is the best holiday "gift" ever, right? :-***

      Delete
  8. Just zooming by in between jobs to wave hello! I say go for a haircut, it can change your whole outlook. Even one that's less than drastic can do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hellooooo! I've missed you these days!
      a little trim to start maybe....

      Delete
  9. 'Tis the season, dear belly! Apart from always feeling run down and exhausted this time of year, the crappy light makes blog pictures an exercise in pure frustration! And by the time some weak sun comes through I'm usually thoroughly disgusted with the product/camera to bother in any case.
    Sit back, chug some grog and relax! The urge to blahblah will return I hope :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall need to curl up with a good long book in front of the fire. And grog, stat!

      Delete
  10. man, i just love that pic of little belly :) she looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Joyce. She's my super adorable little belly kid.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...