Tuesday, November 26, 2013

THREE Winter Stardust Holiday Coffret

Ah, Holiday kits.  I have to jump quickly to buy these things.  It does make it a dicey proposition.  Without having seen swatches and reviews, how to tell if the colors will work for me.  If I wait too long, what if it goes out of stock?  If it does go out of stock, is it really such a tragedy?  Let's assess, shall we?
Unlikely the hilariously bad quality of the Suqqu Xmas Kit's included satin clutch from hell (here),  the THREE coffret has a sleek looking pleatherette clutch, with inappropriate looking nipple spikes of doom.  I took pictures of the insides, but it wasn't all that interesting to post.  It's flat on the inside and has some straps to hold in your makeup brushes or pencil items.  The spiked part pulls open to a mirror.  I can't imagine where I would use this actually, but I suppose I can pass this off to my other kid. 
 
The Winter Stardust Coffret contains an eye shadow duo, and two of their beautiful eye liner pencils.  The duo is 06 Winter Love, and the liners are 09 Child of the Moon and 10 The Prettiest Star.
 
Unless I'm missing something, the promo images of the Coffret shows really inaccurate looking pictures.  The promo picture shows a red toned brown cream (left) and an icy pink shade (right).  In reality, in my reality (which is an odd world, to be sure), is a minky brown cream shade with deeeeelightful shimmers and a very delicate lavender grey.
 
I originally thought that of the liners, the colors would be too metallic for me to really appreciate, but they are really bright and beautiful.  Child of the Moon is a silvery lavender and The Prettiest Star deep gold with a good dose of orange in it.
Shall we look at the pans?  I had to really do some arm calisthenics to capture the beautiful shimmer in the deep minky brown.  It's slightly plummy, too.  The shimmer is blue, green, red, gold!  I adore the complexity of the shimmer.  It's so very pretty.  The delicate beauty of the lavender grey and the silkiness of the satin texture is really nice.

Here are the swatches.  The darker cream shade, the satin lavender grey shade and then the lavender grey is layered over the cream on the right.
These are not deeply pigmented shades.  On my wintry pale skin, it does show up very nicely, however, if you were looking for the unctuous creamy pigmentation of brands like Le Metier de Beaute or even an Urban Decay, this is definitely not going to fit the bill.  For me personally, I love the delicate look of the shades and how seamless they meld together and the overall look on my eyes.
 
Here's a slightly blurry shot (in outside BRRRRR natural light) that shows the subtle shimmers dancing away.  Overall the colors are slightly cool and has a very subtle icy gleam.
I don't think I've ever posted about these Flash Performance Eye Liner Pencils.  These are crazy expensive and even more so when you purchase online through a reseller like Ichibankao.  I really don't want to fall in love with them.  But the color saturation, the shimmer, the lasting powder, the smooth creamy texture!  Stop making nice things, THREE!
 
 
Child of the Moon (left) and The Prettiest Star (right).  My The Prettiest Star is slightly washed out in this swatch.  It's more deeply golden than as appears.
Everything melding beautifully on my skin!

I wearing it here.  Again, I apologize for the oddly cool lighting.  I'm fighting with the lack of natural light these days.
 
Cream used to build a smokey base on upper lid to socket and extended out.  The satin eye shadow layered over and then past the socket line.  Child of the moon on the lower lash line and also extended out to follow the shape of the cream shadow on the upper lid.  The golden The Prettiest Star on the inner corner and then applied up to follow the curve of my socket line.  (Other notable stuff used:  THREE blush in 17 Windswept Soul (here), Lunasol Full Glamour Liquid Lips in Soft Rose Beige, Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof Mascara)

I like the placement, but I think the next time I do this, I will run the gold on my lower lash line, but the silvery lavender is very eye brightening.
 
Even worse lighting here, but hopefully you can see the gold a bit better in the inner corner and going up.
It looks like the coffret is back in stock on Ichibankao (here) for a huge markup.  I bought it here.  Hope you found the swatches helpful!

Do you also spring for holiday kits?  Did you also buy this blind?  What do you think so far?

Check out Makeup Remastered swatches and post here!

18 comments :

  1. Much prettiness! *pretends not to see this post to resist the lure of THREE*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hate THREE! It looks gross! *slams laptop SHUT*

      Delete
  2. Eee that duo! The eyeliners are so pretty too. I swear if I cave in to THREE one of these days, you are to blame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neener neener neener! Altogether, it's such a pretty set. These dang THREE things... can not resist them.

      Delete
  3. Hi Belly - thank you for the kind link love. Love your pondering on limited holiday sets - these same thought race through my head regularly. As for the Three lovelies-The darker shade gives a lovely lived in look on your eye. I used the lavender liner on my waterline and suffered a nasty case of the ichy's- will try again to see if indeed the culprit.- thought I might try it as a base on the lids for the shades - might work....All in all a really wearable holiday set - I see more Three in my fuure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jo! I'm sorry to hear the liner gave you irritation! Did you put it in the waterline? :(
      This set is beautiful! I'm so glad to have gotten this.

      Delete
  4. Ah the zipper on the bag feels a bit flimsy like it will break if I open it again but other than that it looks a lot better than the SUQQU bags. The kit is good value but I haven't tried since busy and irritated eyes. There has been no sun while I have free time too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get good sun maybe 2 hours a day. And I can only photograph on the weekends! And then if it rains or is cloudy, well...! Are you feeling sick, Linda? :(
      The bag looks kind of nice, but I have better cases for brushes for travel though.

      Delete
    2. I was sick but feeling better now. It's just spring...you know pollen from all the pretty flowers.
      That case is a bit small for most things and that zip could be deadly for brushes hehe. I won't mind a proper leather bag in that style.

      Delete
    3. Better Spring than the freezing cold though, right? Feel better, soon.

      That's a sleek looking bag! I agree, a bit bigger and more functional, it would make a really sleep bag!

      Delete
  5. SO PRETTY. (STILL :) I'm ordering mine through bringbling, because I refused to pay the bobodave markup. I think Ichibankao got it back in stock, but I'd already committed... and I'm paying less of a markup + getting another flash performance liner for only a little more, so... win, I guess? Though it does take longer than Ichibankao, and I am very impatient :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is the bringbling service, Adele? I've never tried that. Which additional liner are you getting! *jumps up and down*
      I have to say ichibankao is super fast. I placed an offer with EMS on a Thursday night, and I got it on a Wednesday. It's crazy fast.

      Delete
    2. I haven't gotten the items yet, so I'll let you know when I do! The price is definitely less, but he also doesn't have stock, so it takes longer. And I'm getting that burgundy liner! I think it's 03.

      Ichibankao IS fast. They're really great, actually! But that markup...

      Delete
    3. Bringblingjp is great, I use her service all the time :) Every time Iris posts some release news that sparks my interest I start drafting an email to Tommy lol

      Delete
    4. Ah ha! Something to consider! thanks ladies!

      Delete
  6. The best review of the holiday collection I 've read so far. Thank you for the nice swatch. And the duo looks pretty on your eyes. Mine is on the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice words! This set is very pretty and I really hope you enjoy it, too!

      Delete
  7. Winter Stardust is such an apt name for this set :) The colours are so ethereal and dreamy...esp the silvery lavender which I am so glad is not pink as they initially desribed.
    Been wanting to try a THREE e/l so this is a pretty good opportunity :D Do you have a favourite one?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...