Monday, November 18, 2013

SURRATT Smokey Eye Baton - More Counter Intelligence

It's been terribly busy at work, but a person's got to eat lunch right?  I took a late lunch today and went to Barney's to play at the Surratt counter some more.  It was pretty empty in the new gleaming beauty floor and I was the only customer at the Surratt counter.  The counter manager was very generous with her time and really showed me some of the stars of the line, among them the Smokey Eye Batons.  The batons feature a very soft liner shade at one end and the other end has a cream shadow.  Anyone remember the old Clinique product from a long time ago with the same concept?

I actually bought one of the shades, which I hope to feature once I give it a good thorough try, but I thought you may enjoy some swatches of the colors available.

Of each pair, liner is swatched first and then the corresponding cream shadow shade.  At least, I think it's a cream shadow.  It doesn't feel powder like at first swatch but I shall play some more.

  • Cendres, which is the one I picked up, has a pale matte taupe liner and a slightly cool shimmery taupe.
  • Fumée Brun, which is the one I was also contemplating, has a dark cool brown liner and a very pretty grey taupe shadow.
  • Nuit D'Orage is a deep navy (sorry, looks oddly grey here) liner with fine shimmer and a matching navy shimmery shadow
  • Fumée Noir has a warm black liner with shimmer and a corresponding deep grey shadow
  • Vapeur Mauve has a dark purple liner with shimmer and a slightly lighter purple shadow
First impression is that the liner and the shadow are incredibly pigmented and uber soft.  Blendable to the max!  I'm a little worried that the baton I bought will smear like panda eyes on me.  I found the products never really set on my skin and I was able to smear and then kind of wipe it away with a tissue.  I think I will definitely need a primer underneath and perhaps need to set with a powder shadow.  I will keep you posted when I try it out on my eyes.
I don't think I've captured the very pretty shimmer in these pictures, but you may be able to click and see a bit of it.

I've previously swatched all the lip crayons earlier (here) and actually got to try it on my lips.  Ack!  SO TERRIBLY DRY!  The color payoff was pretty decent but not nearly as decadent as the Addiction one.  The colors are really beautiful though.  I also tried and purchased a lipstick  - a lipslique, and I think that will be very promising.

I think my Apple products are trying to kill my blog.  My computer wants to auto correct swatched into swatted and my iPhone wants to change all the French product names into weird English ones.  Look what crap I have to put up with!  *flips table*

Anyone else out there giving Surratt a try?

20 comments :

  1. I like Cendres the most too from your swatches :D But.. no more cream shadow crayon thingies, even when they're called batons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batons sound more compelling if they are made of pate de choux & filled with pasty cream. EH? EH?

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, all of them are so beautiful! I am dead from the pretty purples and taupes. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taupes are BEYOND pretty. The glitters are really gorgeous but subtle in person. I think this is going to be too creamy for my eyes, is my thought. I need more bullet proofy things like the By Terry Ombre Blackstar crayons.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this counter intelligence, Belly! They look promising. Love your choice of Cendres, I'd vote for this one as well, such a unique combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, Ms. Claire! They are really pretty and soooo soft. I think for my oilier lids, this is not going to be as perfect as I hoped. Cendres is so pretty, but the taupe with the Fumee Brun is gorgeous, too! Very sophisticated color combinations.

      Delete
  4. I cannot wait for your in depth review of this new "toy"- I will definitely spend time at the Surrat counter- other than your great counter intelligence I cannot find any other reviews on Surrat so I am relying on you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we start seeing more reviews! I want other opinions before I start really buying stuff. The blushes are super smooth and creamy feeling and very pigmented. Those are worth checking out. All the powder stuff feels pretty nice.

      Delete
  5. Buttery non-setting mess, y'say? WANT. WAAAAAAANT.
    Cendres is definitely the most interesting -- can't wait to see what you do with the liner side! What an unusual light murky neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing with these textures, I see it totally has your name written all over it! Bwah! I think my LMdB pencil in Champagne is a dupe! WAHHHHH!

      Delete
  6. I'm seeing some really interesting shades here! I'm a bit skeptical about the fact that the formula doesn't set though. On my normal to oily lids, that is most probably not a good sign. But I could be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wearing it over my Nars primer, which is normally pretty iron-clad for wear so I'll get a good sense today. I will try it again topped with a powder shadow to see if that does anything good for the wear.
      Such pretty colors!

      Delete
  7. I agree with everyone else - Cendres looks gorgeous! FOTD NAO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just looks like a super subtle neutral smokey eye! Iz pretty though!

      Delete
  8. Such lovely swatches! I also swatched these at a counter & thought Cendres prettiest! The shades are so pretty layered, too. I'm very interested to read your review eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emi! I thought Cendres was the most unique of the batch. Very pretty shades overall though. I hope you are liking your new Surratts as well!

      Delete
  9. Cendres and Fumee Brun are right up my alley! I will await your review, however.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These have been calling my name as well. I'm contemplating doing a 5-day beauty challenge of only doing a 5-minute face each day, and these would be so handy for that. (Oh, the justifications we come up with to buy more makeup!) The two taupe ones. <3 And the purple. Although I would worry about how long it would wear, since my lids are oily and I cannot every go without a primer.

    The liquid liner pen is actually AMAZING, so precise and gorgeous, it just isn't as "colorfast" as some other ones. Sigh. But I haven't stopped using it since I bought it. I'd rather wipe away the color creep.

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never do a 5 minute face! I love taking time. Not that the actual application takes so long, but it's a relaxing start to the day and goofing off. The sticks are great for the quick eyes though, just not so great for long wear.
      I heard the pen is great! Have you tried Japanese pen liners? Those are incredibly fine & lasts forever.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...