Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Suqqu Face Palette EX-03

Why hello there.

Why not a post today?

I have stuff.  Let me show them to you.

A few seasons ago, I placed a telephone order through the Suqqu counter at Selfridges and ordered one of the LE face palettes.  I can't recall which one, but when I excitedly opened the box, there was no palette, but an extra eye shadow brush.  From then on, my longing for a Suqqu face palette remained unrequited.

Over a period of time, I tried other Suqqu blushes and face products.  I had gotten rid of Momozoe, another blush because the pigmentation was just too sheer to work for me.  I have one blush, LE one I really adore Akanemizu, but my overall impression is that Suqqu blushes are kind of lackluster.

However, when I had the opportunity to buy the AW 2013 items, I jumped at the chance to buy the new LE face palette, EX-03.  And, by being so late to put this up, I've become totally caught up, because this palette is repromoted as part of the holiday stuff.
The top tier holds two floppy and soft brushes.  Hey this is one way to acquire some Suqqu brushes?
 As I mentioned, the hairs are long and floppy.  I find them too lacking in any resistance to be able to pick up the powder or the blush.  However, when I carry this outside the house, the brushes are mildly handy.

 In profile.
The face palette contains a pan of a matte and translucent face powder and a small strip of a peach colored blush.  First I couldn't tell if the white powder was supposed to be a highlighter, but with its translucency and finish, it works on my skin as a beauty powder that has a slight brightening effect. There is a very sweet embossed floral scroll effect on the powder.  I've not used it too often, but you can see that the middle has worn away slightly with use.

The peach blush has a gradient which goes from a paler peach to a more deep one from.  You can see there is some slightly chunky looking golden glitter.  I see the glitter in my swatch but can't tell on my face.  This is a very pretty looking product, and certainly a lovely vanity ornament.  So how does it do, then?
 It is a very pale shade.  While not exactly sheer, it is very pale and shows up very subtly against my skin.  I do find it reasonably easy to build it up on my face.  I am getting sallower and paler as the cold days pass, so I suspect I'm closer to the NC15 side of things.
Not chalkly despite it's paleness and a very sweet color indeed.

I pulled out a few other peachy and corally peach shades to compare.  If you have one or more of these, you may find this not particularly a must have.
The blush in EX-03 is very pale and slightly more pink compared to the warmer and more coral leaning Fleur de Lotus, Blossom and Secret Affair.  

While not exactly a crazy must have, I do find the palette handy.  The slightly brightening effect of the face powder makes me think my Guerlain Voyage compact should have had this effect.  (Guerlain does zero for me-here).  The powder is not as soft and finely milled as I would expect, but does on with a very weightless and dry feel.  My skin is very dry these days, and while this acts as a finishing powder, I don't think I can use this to really set my makeup or expect any oil control.

I'm wearing the Face Palette in this look.  On eyes, THREE duo in 04 Love Satisfaction.  On lips, Rouge Bunny Rouge sheer lipstick in Fluttering Sighs (here).

You can see the very slight glow on the high point of my face from the powder.  The blush is very subtle.  I have the powder all over my face.
 This indirect light shows the blush a bit better.  It pulls pinker on my skin than my other peachy corals.

What do you think?  Will you be picking up the Suqqu LE face palette?  No regrets on buying this for me!

On my break, I've been working on growing eye lashes, napping, and not buying makeup. 

21 comments :

  1. Yayyy..a new post! :D The blush looks very pretty on you..doubt if the color would show up on my skin...

    i tried ordering from Selfridges the other day and my card got temporarily blocked...a sign perhaps that I need to take a break from random midnight shopping :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a sign from the stars to try harder and use a different cc card. :) Heh hehehehe.
      I think this would be too pale to show up on deeper skin tones, too!

      Delete
  2. This looks stunning on you, J! Really flattering. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Nicole! It's such a pretty pretty item.

      Delete
  3. That really looks good on you. I really liked my Suqqu Face Colour Palette from the spring collection, I lent it to my Mum and haven't seen it since :(
    I was trying to decide if I need the holiday sets but they seem to have already sold out on Selfridges, that will teach me for being slow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe it was the old Spring palette I tried to order that other time. :( Your mom has really good taste. If some one "lent" me one, I would not want to give it back either.
      I think Manchester had the sets still in stock, or London was re-stocking? Wow, these sets sold through so quickly!

      Delete
  4. It's really pretty on you but I see what you mean about the Suqqu blushes, I think maybe they have a stronger point with eye makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the eye shadows are always the big stars of the line. The blush is very pretty, as is the face powder, but not necessarily something people need to jump on.

      Delete
  5. You're back!
    Looking fresh and flawless. Love the first picture because wow so pretty.
    Those face palettes are quite nice.

    How are you finding the THREE duos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Do you know I was looking through your recent posts and it made me browse through Adambeauty to look at the Kate e/s palettes. Uuuurrrgh. It pained me to close the browser, you know!

      I like the one THREE duo I have. But the cream does tend to blur and fade and slightly crease over time. I don't mind so much, and it does OK with my Nars primer, but I can see how those with oilier lids would not like it.

      Delete
    2. Sorry about the temptation with the Kate e/s. I was pretty depressed about SUQQU xmas sets being sold out so fast and my fav coworker got let go at the same time didn't help :(

      I'm trying to grow flowering plants atm to distract myself from makeup lemmings. If only those caterpillars would stop eating my seedlings lol

      Delete
    3. Hopefully Xmas sets restock? I think I heard Selfridges was going to? :(
      More importantly, I'm sorry to hear about your colleague! That's terrible news.

      I guess it's getting warm and lovely over there. Here is just all death and brown leaves. D:

      Delete
    4. It's so warm that it's too dry at the same time and a lot of people's lawns have turned brown and crunchy :( However jacaranda trees are in full bloom lately and that hides some of that.

      Delete
  6. Oh, Belly, this is so pretty on you! I like :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monika! Are you planning any Suqqu splurges?

      Delete
  7. Bellyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! *hugs face*

    These colours are so beautifully harmonious! I'm hoping winter will leach some colour out of me so I can wear lighter hues on my face, but I'm not optimistic. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *SNOGGLES*
      I get no more sunlight now that day light savings goes kaput. I feel really blehhh. Maybe really I should start wearing my bronzer to fake some happiness.

      Delete
  8. Belly!!! You dont know how happy I am that a post from you popped up on my feed (not so sure about my wallet rejoicing, though!). I've always crossed SUQQU off my wishlist because I dont want another expensive obsession to surface, but you just always make all their stuff scream BUY ME BUY ME - even when your review says otherwise sometimes. Ahh!

    And btw,no pressure on you posting daily or whatever which you may feel you need especially when you have so many Bellyfanzz waiting on your next update. It's just really good hearing from you, no matter how sporadic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharina! Thank you for your lovely comment!!! I drift in and out of my love for brands, but my love for Suqqu endures! Man. It's an expensive habit.

      Delete
  9. This is so pretty--prettier than I'd thought it would be. Like--so pretty--I'm starting to think that I have to have it. I MUST buy some Suqqu soon!!! Hopefully after Christmas. And why oh why does everything look so good on you? I'm so jealous! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful palette! Probably the overall effect is too subtle for some people, but I really like it. Jenny, you need to try a Suqqu something. The spring palettes are looking really pretty. :)

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...