Monday, November 18, 2013

Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Touryokuzora EX-19 from Xmas Kit B

So Driveller Kate offered a swap for something I never use for something I covet like Gollum in a cave.  I tried to calm myself, tone down the pitch in my email and very slowly and nonchalantly typed: "oh…sure…  Suqqu Xmas Kit B, you say?  Pff.  I think I may find room in my very perfect collection for a trinket like that."  Swapsies arranged.  I tried to distract her from the unfairness of the arrangement, maybe decapitated a lipstick as a diversionary tactic.

Then the wait by the mailbox, awaiting to POUNCE like a hungry animal upon the mail carrier.  Reader, I scared him.  Such is the price of makeup fever.  Sorry, dude.  Next time, just drop the box and run.
The price for this box was the scared mailman
Look at this gigantic Suqqu box.  It holds promise of Suqqu-y goodness.  Like nougat and toffee filling in a piece of chocolate, baby bunnies, soft kittens.  All delights awaiting my opening of the parcel.

Of course the Xmas kits are annual offerings of appeasement for the makeup obsessed hoards.  This year are two kits each containing an eye shadow palette (kit A contains eye shadow palette EX-18 Aoboshi (Swatcharama reviewed it here), which looked too cool for me), a blue mascara, and cream and foaming cleansers.  I've tried the cleansers before, which are ok.  I'm not a big fan of foaming cleansers, but eh, I will get some use out of them.  The mascara I am excited to try.  I've not tried any Suqqu mascaras before and blue is kind of nice.  Right?

But….but, what IS this abomination?

Kit also includes a satin clutch with a lace detail.  It is so cheesy and the fabric is so flimsy.  Reminds me of a bad negligee.  I tried to push it on my little kid.  The 6 year-old was NOT impressed.  She did, however, like the little mirror also included in the set (not pictured).

But the true star is EX-19 Touryokuzora.

Like the recent limited edition cases, it also has a novelty case.  This one is interspersed with bright blue & red shimmer.
Let's open up this sucker so you can see what's inside.

The magnificent shimmer!
This palette contains:
  • the normal white matte base shade, this white rings slightly warm to me.  I saw it do some interesting skin perfecting magic on Kate (here).  It does provide a very smooth surface on the lids, but as I always use my Nars primer on the lids, I can't testify that it also prolongs wear of the other shades.
  • A warm satiny peach, with light golden shimmer
  • A mid-toned warm rosy brown taupe.  I think this is more of a true satin shade compared to the peach, which is more shimmery in finish.
  • An intensely pigmented green.  It rings a brownish green on me.  The glitter particles are larger than the ones in the peach shade.  There is some fallout and the texture is slightly softer and a bit crumblier compared to the other colored shades in this quad.  However, the color payoff is incredible.
 Indoors in low light, the shimmer in the peach and green are still noticeable.  Wowzers!
Here are swatches to show how they sit and meld on the skin.  Everything reads lush and rich.  Very appropriate for the autumn and winter.

See Swatcharama's post of Touryokuzora here.
Driveller lady's detailed review and epic comparison to other shades here as well as her recent looks using this quad here and here.

Unfortunately, these kits must have sold out in the blink of an eye.  Neither Selfridges online nor Ichibankao show these as available anymore.  There may be some quantities available in Japan still if you can get a friend to purchase it for you from there, or if you use a parcel forwarding service, but it does look limited in availability. 

UK friends, do we know if the counters there will restock the Xmas kits?  These situations do make slow, well considered and informed purchases so hard to make.  It's rather maddening.  I jumped and purchased THREE holiday coffret on line and I see that is also recently out of stock on Ichibankao.  Not sure if I encourage rabid pursuit of these limited kits.  I only do what I do.  :(

Here's my recent look featuring Touryokuzora:
Addiction Last Scene lipstick, THREE blush in 19 Love Kick, Tom Ford Espresso eye liner

 See bling bling on the eyes here!

Did you also jump on any of the Suqqu Xmas Kits?  Any holiday purchases you've recently made and enjoy or regret?

27 comments :

  1. The counters don't normally get restocked but you can try calling individual stores to check their stocks - I did that when the Suqqu S brush was discontinued and scored 3 from the Manchester shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Nicole!! Wait a minute! Did you just tell me you had scored THREE Suqqu S's when they d/cd it?! Nice score!

      Delete
    2. One was a CP for a friend, the other two are safely stored at home. ;)

      Delete
    3. :) please give them a cuddle for me.

      Delete
  2. Belly, you are so funny and cute! You seriously made my day!!! The palette case is gorgeous and you are stunning--as usual. What did you have to give up to get the kit is what I'm wondering, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeehehehee! Thanks, Jenny! It's a beautiful little thing, isn't it. It makes my troll face look a bit nicer today.

      ...um, I only traded away my eternal soul. I wasn't using it much. ;)

      Delete
  3. I don't own anything from Suqqu, but this is probably my favorite quad among everything I've read about the brand! That taupe and green are JUST. SO. STUNNING! Love how the sparkle looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny. Lookit all that sparkle!!! This one really hits it out of the ballpark. I hope to give this palette a lot of extra use and loving.

      Delete
  4. This palette is so pretty on you. I want to steal your brows too :p
    I'm patiently waiting for my kits to get here, I hope they get here soon because this is torture...driving me insane lol

    I hope the THREE bag is better quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can have some of my bushy brows, Linda! :) Did you get both of the kits? The shimmer in A looked outrageously pretty. I can't wait to see your amazing photos when you post them.

      I really hope the THREE bag is worthy of taking outside the house. I may need to fight the little kids off that bag.

      Delete
    2. Both kits for sure. Judging from the tracking, looks like next weekend :(

      Delete
  5. Ugh. I just *HATE* you and Kate both. Bugger off with all that limited-edition-impossible-to-buy-more-impossible-to-resist Japanese make-up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you understand, Monika? I'm just a pawn, a complete pawn in the game of Japanese makeup. It says Buy Me, and I need to obey. I've become a shell of a snow woman! D:

      Delete
  6. haha Belly you're so funny. love reading your posts. i certainly understand the excitement!
    how lucky you are to have scored the dream holiday collection!
    i'm so uninspired to purchase any particular one out there so far..it's rather depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zomg! I am really so lucky to have received this kit. I was very excited to wrestle the mail carrier to the ground. that will teach him to walk slowly carrying my makeup!
      Guerlain holiday lipsticks look so pretty! As do the pressed meteorites! Nothing catching you eye these days?

      Delete
  7. Belly I'm jelly!! Managed to nab set A with the help of a sporting friend on a business trip to Japan, but now I lemm set B something fierce! Touryokuzora is very lovely on you--time to reconsider green shadows, eh? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you scored the A. That disappeared right away, too! Are these kits even around anywhere anymore?? I do like green! I really think it was my old Suqqu Kokedama quad I was so disappointed with, but this rich green is totally right up my alley... makeupalley. Bwhahahaha!

      Delete
  8. Drool-o-rama. Gosh golly, Belly!! Between you and Kate, I don't know which one of you can make a seemingly meek & humble color combo looks so divine. LOVE that look on you! Now I think I understand a bit why you'd pounce on the opportunity for LE palettes: you snooze you loose. Also, so interesting to see the different swatches of the same palette, depending on light, skin tone, etc. I think this palette is so versatile.

    P.S. Surely BabyBelly has a good taste, that clutch is only meant to be used in a very dim light when noone cares to look it up close :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *wipes your chin* It's a very unusual combination of colors for my taste. Isn't it so nice on though? This is why I generally prefer pre-made palettes. I would never think to combine these colors together if it were up to me. Everything is much clearer and more pigmented on Kate's skin than on mine! Kate's swatches are awesome for seeing the true tones of a color, since mine tends to mute and taupify everything to a degree.

      Little Belly girl is certainly a bit more discerning than her mom. :)

      Delete
  9. i sold my ovaries for this
    this better look good on me !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh, you can easily sell ONE ovary and ONE kidney. That's why they come in pairs, right? I hope you like it LB! It's beautiful!

      Delete
  10. *faints* I love the badass glitter wing <3 I have yet to manage anything vaguely shape-y with that pan because URGE TO SMEAR ALL OVER irresistible.
    It makes me so happy to see this on your face! You suit it down to the ground, missus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really tried to do something more sophisticated and nuanced with the peach and taupe, but I couldn't help but slather the green a bit more all over the place. I HEAR YOU, the green must be smeared all OVER! ALLLLL OVER!
      Thank you, Ms. Driveller. This was a very special, my precious-level of makeup for me. <33

      Delete
  11. SO PRETTY! I love your whole look. I really need to try Suqqu shadow someday. Someday soon perhaps . . . I just got a full time job so the pretties budget may increase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Congrats on the FT job. So much from Suqqu to love. Lovely products. Can't wait to hear what you pick up.

      Delete
  12. This palette is my favourite neutral look on you :D
    Ohhh that green. Drove me into a must buy frenzy so I tried looking for it online.
    It is still available at some Japanese online stores (not Ichibankao sadly) but at... *wait for it* ... double the usual Japan retail price!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wen are you in the UK? It seems it sold out in a flash at the counters!

      DOUBLE?! Ah! Highway robbery!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...