Saturday, November 16, 2013

Molten Pairs: Rescue Beauty Lounge in Scrangie 2.0 and Rouge Bunny Rouge Eye Shadow in Abyssinian Catbird

There's a lot of things stacked into my makeup drawers that continue to excite and inspire me.  I put on some nail polish this morning and realized, there's another lovely thing that also draws inspiration from the same molten rich well.
Rescue Beauty Lounge released Scrangie 2.0 a short while ago as part of it's second Bloggers collection.  Scrangie 2.0 is the follow up to the very coveted first Scrangie.  I bought it for the hype, and it sat in my nail polish drawer for a while, but the cold weather has me drawn to rich things and 2.0 fits the bill.
Metallic and intense, the Rescue Beauty Lounge formula is streak free and easy to apply.  It is nearly flawless in one coat, but even more perfected with a second.  This color is olive bronzed and lush and shifts with multi-colored shimmer.  While a lot of the shades from the brand has secret shimmer, this one readily blazes on.
Golden olive in some lights, more army green in others.  It's a pretty fascinating chameleon.
Apparently, I have a soft spot for intensity.  I'd like to show off my Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting Eye Shadow in Abyssinian Catbird today.
 The RBR eye shadow formula is top notch, and this particular shade has a look of molten richness when applied.
Definitely click on this swatch picture to get a better look at the pink and green shimmers.  That is just one finger swipe.
Like Scrangie 2.0, less golden and more green toned in the indirect light here.
Particular shades that inspire you in beauty lately?

(see my complete swatch set of RBR eye shadows here!)

26 comments :

  1. Lovely duo!! I have yet to try RBL famous formula but judging from no-streak on the metallic shade like this one, it looks v. promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awful expensive (generally $18 for the older shades, $20 for the new ones), but I really like the formula. Compared to Chanel, which chips almost immediately and the metallics streak, these always apply beautifully. Like Josie says below 50% SALE on most things on the site TODAY!

      Delete
  2. Molten goodness is right! Gorgeous. I love that you are re-visiting favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I forget I have some pretty things!

      Delete
  3. Love these photos! :D I have a few RBLalikes within my shadow collection too -- think it's why, although the formula isn't the best on me, I keep buying them! Esp the way they combine green+pink -- a very THREE/Suqqu trick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! The pink/green shimmer combos are so pretty and reminiscent of those Japanese brands.

      Delete
  4. OOOO boy! Belly you're a cruel temptress! Scrangie 2.0 is so dang stunning! I have Abyssinian Catbird and it's one of my favorite single eyeshadows ever. What a beautiful pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rite? SO stunning! I seem to have had a wee rescue beauty addiction for a while, but these pair up beautifully.

      Delete
  5. Now this is a drool-worthy pair! AC is a shade that I find so unique, I never seen anything like it. Scrangie 2.0 is amazing! I have a soft spot for shades like these, I could hamster all of them and still want more, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literal LOL, as I picture you hamster-cheek stuffing all the pretties into your cheeks. :DD

      Delete
  6. i love matching eyeshadow and nail polish! it's hotter than lips and nail color match. ;)
    scrangie 2.0 is beautiful. i'm sure she was beyond happy to this creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Scrangie is pleased with all her beautiful creations. I wish I had gotten a hold of the original Scrangie!

      Delete
  7. Now I feel like I have to get Scrangie 2.0 to go with my Abyssinian Catbird. Although I must say that I can never get that beautiful green tone out of AC that everyone else seems to get. On me it's a very golden bronze. It's beautiful, but I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be my yellow skin that brings out the green. :) Stunning color regardless!

      Delete
  8. I'm not a nail polish gal but this shade is stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herro, Nicole. ji baek has some stunners in her line. <33

      Delete
  9. Woohoo! Belly you are back!

    Hey guise, Rescue Beauty Lounge is taking 50% off some nail polishes tomorrow starting at 12 PM EST. Although Blogger 2.0 and Fan 2.0 are excluded, there is still plenty of polishes to choose from. I am so not sorry for enabling! *rides off into the sunset on a tricycle*

    - Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are bad Josie! Riding off like that, spewing your enablement!

      Delete
  10. Your RBR swatches ultimately gave me the final shove to give in to RBR and boy, oh, boy - it's a beginning of a new addiction!! SO THANK YOU BELLYWELLZ for the beautiful swatches (my bank account, on the other hand..)!
    And this duo looks so lovely!! I especially love AbCat!!! ♥ And the polish reminds me of ALCHIMIE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you picked up some RBR! Such amazing amazing eye shadows and blushes. I hope you love them. What are you picking up?

      Delete
  11. I love it--that you thought to do matching type of post. I love the way you think Belly--seriously. I loved this post--as I'm just getting into RBR eyeshadows and I'm a RBL addict (I am only missing one RIP now!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a few things at the last sale yesterday! the RBLs are pretty fabulous. I just bought same base products to see how they work with the colors. :) YUM, the RBRs are really gloriously pretty. Try beautyhabit for their RBR selection, I think their F&F is up now FF13 is code.

      Delete
  12. this reminded me to wear Abyssian catbird more and scarangie 2.0 is a beauty !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aby Catbirdm nears to be worn and worn often! RBL polishes are some nice colors! :)

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...