Friday, November 29, 2013

If I Shop, Shop Responsibly and Love What I Got - A Prayer to the god Pan

Have you spent any time on the internet these past 24 hours or so?  All blog posts, tweets, emails, message board are a dangerous bombardment of Black Friday deals.  It's almost a chronic spender's worst nightmare or best dream scenario in the world!  I'm much too lazy and scared to brave the crowd in a brick and mortar store, but clickity click through ebates and onto a big discount is pretty alluring to me.

Every wonder the sanity of turkey coma (or rib roast in my case) and discount fueled shopping?  In my weakest, fullest, insane moment I keep getting a ping from an incoming email of yet another discount this or see a tweet from my favorite tweeters of what they've scored.
Try to shop responsibly, Belly.
Around this Black Friday, I've purchased the ten-mini candle set from Diptyque by using a code to score two more mini candles.  I repurchased a Chantecaille Future Skin foundation in Chamomile in person so that I can score some big foundation samples to try out (worth no ebates to be able to try things in person and samples, in my opinion!).  I repurchased a Nars eye primer on its website through ebates + holiday discount and free shipping.  Through a 20% discount on Beauty.com, I repurchased my Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser and regular balm cleanser through a click-through email.  I'm trying to be responsible.  I.....trying....!!!

Eek!  Just as I was working on this post, my VIB $20 off $50 purchase card from Sephora just came in.  It's an all out assault, everyone!  Run!  Run for your lives!  Save your wallets!

In the spirit of being responsible, here's a look I did.  Isn't it funny that given a few extra minutes, a purported intent to create a very everyday casual look turns into something with wings?  I'm turning my attention to things I've owned a while and all deserving of some extra use:
And two recent additions, one from an intense curiosity to try out the famous Physicians Formula 2-1 Eye Booster liquid liner and one Lunasol Full Glamour Liquid Lips from a makeup fairy:
By Terry Bronze Moon is applied as a base on the upper lid and blended with a fluffy blending brush.  It is also applied on the outer 2/3 of lower lash line.  I've tight lined with Laura Mercier in Ebony.  RBR Delicate Hummingbird is placed on the outer third of upper lid, and Abyssinian catbird on the inner 2/3 of lid concentrating in the center.  Suqqu matte shade to blend, and Suqqu blue from Kakitsubata on the lower lash line.  Feeble attempt at winged liner (I'm going to keep on trying!) and lots of mascara.
 I'm playing around with my foundation a little bit, adding in a dab of porcelain into the chamomile Chantecaille Future Skin.
Food coma!  Shopping Temptations!  How shall we ever deal?

20 comments :

  1. Hey Belly, I loooove this look on you! Plus you used those RBR shadows, which are probably some of my all-time favorites! There aren't nearly as many deals that I can take advantage of here, so I "only" did an Omorovicza haul and bought the Karen Millen coat I had been eyeing. Trying not to get any more makeup for the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you Omorovicza haul. Ooh! Tha tis posh. Sounds like a very sensible splurge, if you ask me.

      Delete
  2. I think this look is really nice on you. I think the wing size is good too because it's elegant this way.

    Your brush post tempted me for a Tom Ford brush, that magic e/s blending brush. Now this foundation...must research and get matched...somehow.

    In store shopping has never been a good experience for me. I have so many bad shopping experiences that my coworkers joke about a hidden camera to film my shopping experiences for funny youtube videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blending brush from Tom Ford is really very very nice. I hope you like it. Aieee! Foundation matching is so difficult! I wish you luck.
      In store shopping is always challenging. In store shopping for the holidays is even worse! What horrible things have happened?

      Delete
  3. Whatever you're doing with the foundation is working, I think. Either that or your version of a food coma gives you a wonderful radiance. I really like the combination of colours on the eye and it's not one that I would have thought of myself. I will shamelessly copy you once my package with Delicate Hummingbird (and a few other goodies) FINALLY arrives. Every time I check the tracking, I see the same message that it cleared customs (in this country- bonus) on the 27th. Technically speaking, I can walk to the nearest border crossing in less time than it's taking to find its way here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your parcel is spending some quality time with border patrol? We can't allow cosmetics to enter the country freely can we? I can't wait to see you put together a lovely look with Delicate Hummingbird. Such a pretty color!

      Delete
  4. This look is incredibly chic! I did cave for a few nail polishes (all on sale!) and got some wine (sudden thought of wine-less x-mas made me panic-buy a few extra bottles). It's really hard to resist sales! I wish I had a strong spirit and would say no to stuff, but come on, it would be sooo boring if one wasn't allowed an indulgence or to in the festive spirit way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your Blogger handle, I think it only seems appropriate to spring for some nail polishes right? After my no-buy, I totally agree. Living without the little indulgences is super duper boring!

      Delete
  5. Wowza!!! Gorgeous eye look! I was a good girl, I think! Given I have a Sephora 5 min from my office it wasn't easy but I got one fragrance and 2 little $12.00 promo kits. Oh and 2 warm pj's. Those were desperatly needed since it's getting pretty cold here. 2 for 1, I mean come on, who can resist? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Sephora Black Friday deals are always such a tempting treat! Last year I bought several things. This year none from the Sephora deals. I got pjs as gifts, too. My house is an icebox. We light up the fireplace and snooze amongst the blankets. :)

      Delete
  6. Ummm….what $20 VIB card are you referring to? Haven't heard anything about this anywhere! Love this look on you - glamourous New York nude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina, through snail mail VIBs and BIs are receiving $20 or $15 off a $50 purchase. The event runs from Dec 4-16th. I think it seems to be slowing trickling into mailboxes.

      Delete
  7. Love the eye look but would have wished to see it with a bolder lip. You did well! I managed to visit Harvey Nicks and not buy anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys have those end of season sales for all those makeup things! I would save my funds for that if I lived there. :) You are all reason & restraint there going into Harvey N's without a purchase! :-**

      Delete
  8. I think you look beautiful. I never make comments but I had to let you know how terrific this look is. Maybe a little more color on the lips but . . . maybe not. Just lovely! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley! Thank you so much for taking time to comment! That is so sweet of you. RBRs pretty much blend themselves so they are a joy to use. I think a slightly more colored lips would have been better balance but I didn't want to freak out the family visiting that day. My relative asked me if I were coming home from a party. -___- Nay, just playing.

      Delete
  9. There have not been too many good deals here, which I am thankful for in some ways as I'm not good with that whole resisting malarky :)
    I have to say that might well be my favorite look on you, so sophisticated, just stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clare! These RBR eye shadows especially are so dreamy!
      I envy your end of season sales on makeup!

      Delete
  10. oh man, shopping is freaking me out right now lo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost too many deals to process, aint it? D:

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...