Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Suratt Automatique Lip Crayon - Swatch Set

I promised and so I delivered!  Well kind of, in a little lamb-chicken-BAWKBAWK kind of way.  I went to the Surratt counter to make some better swatches and to take some better pictures and oddly felt overwhelmed with social anxiety.  What if they ask me if they can help me?  What if I look like a hobo stalking the counter.  What if they tell me to go away?!

I am personally interested in the lip crayon from the line and apparently, the PR buzz on the P.O.C color is revving up and calling it a red everyone can wear.  *shrug*  I saw seven crayons.  This is a phone picture, so not ideal, but looks pretty close to real representation to me.  I took a few pictures with a real camera, so I will swap this picture out later.  It's cloudy, unfortunately, so they are slightly more muted than I thought in person.

Here they are from left to right:
Seductrice, Deep in Vogue, Mahogany, Megalomane, Shocking, Alluring and P.O.C.
Seductrice is a deep cool plummy red.
Deep in Vogue deep cool plurple.
Mahogany is a brown toned Oxblood.
Megalomane is a blue toned and bright red
Shocking is a bright cool pink.
Alluring is a pinky, cool red
P.O.C is an orange toned red

This is no detailed post obviously, since I am on a no-buy, but here's what I thought.  The pencils feel very similar to the smooth slightly dry feel of the Nars Velvet Matte lip crayons.  It's on the Barneys website as having high on pigment, but maybe they've not experienced the cuckoo for cocoapuffs level of pigmentation of Addiction Lip Crayon.  It is well pigmented, but it took 2-3 swipes to build up to what you see here.

It's matte, but has a soft velvety look in the finish.  Can't say whether lasts long or not, since I've not worn it on my lips, but after a half hour, I was able to swipe it off easily, but which left a big slightly red stain on my hand.

I love that the color range is mostly reds and vamps!  I want the Suqqu Bright Ups to have this color range and then I would really need to test my no buy to the max.

You can buy in person at Barneys in NY or on line where is currently pre-selling (here).

Any color calling your name...LOUDLY? 

26 comments :

  1. Uumm, yeah! Seductrice, obviously. I would totally go swatch them myself too, but that would surely result in buying one, so... maybe not :D You temptress you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! These colors are all calling me! It's a hazard to go play at the counter. Urg.

      Delete
  2. Now why can't Barney's carry Addiction if they carry this...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I guess techinically this is a western line. Meanwhile, plenty of Asian lines at department stores. Why no Suqqu or Addiction or Three?
      Did you see Sephora is now carrying Laduree in Paris? I'd love to maul them at a Sephora in the US.

      Delete
  3. Seductrice + Mahagony! But if the texture is anything like NARS lip velvet :-( my lips will turn into "real" prune instead of prune-hued. I agree, color-wise sounds v. promising: deep reds and vamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty color range! Seems like matte-finish lip pencils are just tough for a lot of us folks. I shall give the lipsticks a look-see. Maybe there are some nice colors in a more moisturizing formulation.

      Delete
  4. Yay! Swatches! Seductrice, Shocking,and Alluring, true to their names, are making eyes at my poor wallet.

    Totally agree with you about the weird sense of social anxiety when approaching the counters,especially those with low traffic! But you are brave! Three cheers to that!

    - Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clutch the wallet tight, Josie! Not that brave, but I had a lot of curiosity. :)

      Delete
  5. I wonder what it means, that I haz a wee budding monomania for MEGALOMANE >:D
    (Also, eye drawn to P.O.C. though I suspect hype by twittification would make me want to Shun On Principle.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...*strokes beard* Why don't you tell me what you're feeling?
      They are really nice looking colors though, outsized megalomane or no. Eh?

      Delete
  6. These are pretty! I haven't been able to find much on Surratt online (swatches / reviews), so I finally got myself over to Barney's earlier today. I might have made a few purchases . . . the powder products are so silky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have?! We must know which! :) weren't the colors of the e/s so pretty?

      Delete
    2. I bought Parfait blush, Cuivre & Chamois eyeshadow, and a case. EVERYTHING was so pretty.

      Delete
  7. ...I don't want any. *feels forehead*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are you and what have you done to Adele?!

      Delete
    2. I don't knooooow, what is this? I think I'm staggering under the weight of my added-up Sephora FF cart :D

      (Have you ever tried Shiseido facial masks? There are a few just calling my name. Alas they are $60 a box, so I can't get all of them.)

      Delete
    3. You got a code? :)

      I tried one Shi retinol eye mask which was really nice! Those masks are super pricey. I'm not a huge mask fan so don't normally buy them.

      Delete
  8. Agent Belly : your mission is to duck, dive an swatch as many Surratt products as humanly possible.
    .......need agent assistance urgently.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see? Emi bought a few lovely and intriguing looking things!!

      Delete
    2. Yes I did- I will definitely visit his counter in Dec- let me know what I should zero in on:)

      Delete
    3. It's such a small counter, you can literally check out everything! Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. OMG!!! I can't choose the best one for me. They all look so pretty. I super love the colors. I will def check on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason, I'm only just finding other bloggers in NY, though I've made connections with bloggers overseas. I've been lusting after this line for ages and just posted my review of Mégalomane. Now I want most of those colors. The lasting power is not as good as the NARS pencils (or regular matte lipsticks), but they are so lovely. The eyeshadow colors call to me and my bank account... :/

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the color range of these SURRATT lip crayons, but high pigmented lip products in crayon form inevitably wreck havoc with my lips. I was so sad to get rid of Red Lantern from Addiction, but even such a refined lip crayon wasn't great with my stupid lips.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Ah! ZUZU!!! :)) So nice hearing from you. Are you a Surratt fan?

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...