Thursday, October 3, 2013

Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Benichagasane EX-16

I am so excited!  Wandering around the Japanese-language brand websites unearths all sorts of interesting things: the Rie Omoto video tutorials on the THREE website and now, I've found neat face charts for all the new eye shadow quads from this fall from Suqqu.  They show detailed placements for each quad, placement for the face palette, lip color used.  It's great!  Of course, I don't read Japanese, maybe I can run these through Google translate but translators always make funny muck out of sites.  They always come out something like "Make light and beauty the gentle procrastination of wash color."
Click for the link!
Check out the link underneath the picture because you may find them useful!  I plan on trying these out and I like how the model's eyes are slightly hooded like mine.  I think I will enjoy giving these a try.

Let's turn our attention to the product of the day which is one of the three limited edition eye shadow palettes from Fall.  Of the three, I purchased two.  In Spring, I purchased three and ended up keeping two.  My logic is maybe start with a smaller number.  I like these limited edition cases, which are different than the plain black cases of the permanent ones.  This one has a gradient light lavender on top and becoming a deep purply navy on the bottom.  No matter.  If I really truly truly love it, I must decapitate it.  I mean, I must depot it.
Here are the pictures of the colors in the pan.  Again Suqqu reintroduces the five color in a four-pan format.  The split pan has a small narrow sliver of an unexpected accent color.  A hot pink.  Ooh, naughty Suqqu.

Blah blah blah, Suqqu butter smooth fine milled blah blah texture.

It's been my experience (adjusts monocle, smoothes long white mustache into a fine waxy tip), these recent limited edition releases and also the original five-color palettes have some pretty nice pigmentation.  If you were unimpressed with the pigmentation in the now discontinued old quads, you may find these more to your liking.  If however you're expectation is along the lines of something like Urban Decay, you will be pretty unimpressed.  Just setting the right level of expectation here.
 The colors are:

  • warm shimmery gold
  • brown taupe that is warm in the base color but has some intense multi colored shimmer that brings a cool sheen
  • pinky matte white
  • deep cool matte brown
  • sheer but bright hot cool pink with sparse silvery sparkles

I'd tried a couple of different placements and found that wearing the brown taupe as the main lid shade looked a bit bruised.  In the look below, I'm wearing the gold as the main shade up past the crease, the brown taupe on the outer third and lower lash line.  The pinky white to highlight from crease to brow bone and the dark brown to define around the eyes.  I used the bright pink under my eyes and below the darkly defined lower lash line.  Hot pink is kind of a challenging color to wear and by putting the dark brown as a barrier between the pink and my eye ball, I think it becomes pretty wearable.
I liked the idea of playing on the idea of the bright pink, so I'm wearing Tom Ford LE blush Narcissist and Suqqu Bright Up Lipstick in 02 Hanabeni.

Wandering through the rest of my eye shadows, I wondered if the golden tones of Shiseido's Beach Grass would have any similarities.
Shiseido Beach Grass - Pre-Accidental Carnage
Heh.  Actually not so much.  But there is some similar feel (so many feeeeels) among the white, the golden shades.  The top set are from Beach Grass and the bottom is from Benichagasane.  In the Suqqu, I combined the split pan into one blended shade on the far left.  The now reddened brown shade has some sisterly affinity to the purple of Beach Grass.  
Angled to catch the light differently.  Ok, I guess I was stretching and they really are different.  Maybe we all need both. 
Suqqu for you?

24 comments :

  1. Nope, this is not reminding me that I want to buy more Suqqu. It's reminding me that I need to pull out Sumiredama! I decided that the shades were a bit too dark for summer, so they'll be perfect for fall :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! sumiredama is a killer quad. That does makes a nice cold weather one doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. I love your version of Google Translate, gave me a much-needed laugh this evening! You hit it exactly right.

    Earlier, for some reason I felt compelled to go look at Addiction palettes *cough*drivelaboutfrivol*cough* so I've been reading a lot of those weird translations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) heehee! Has your research been productive? The addiction palettes are lovely!

      Delete
    2. I am seriously looking at sugar rusk, but those cheek polishes... ok, now I'm getting way off the subject!

      Delete
    3. Pretty makeup is always on topic! Also sausages.
      Sugar Rusk is so pretty! It's such a nice taupe palette! Hmm... and cheek polishes...hmm..

      Delete
  3. I have taken out ex-16 on her maiden voyage today-I am skipping.....yes.....skipping down the lane!
    I have used the hot pink layered over the taupe-simply gorgeous-I have found that each quad I buy from suqqu( I only have 3) get incrementally better in quality-so from outstanding to freeekin awesome-I am one happy camper-but I am confused are u saying UB better than suqqu -or do I detect belly sarcasm?lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant only in terms of the super heavy dense pigmentation of the UD. :)
      I'm pretty sure I prefer the Suqqu more.

      Delete
  4. Actually i beg to differ. My quads of suqqu from 2003 are better and bigger than the recent ones. In fact, Suqqu used quads used to be a whooping 8 gr as opposed to 5,5 nowadays and the pigmentation was awesome in the beginning for sometime until the make up artist who invented the brand was not sacked. There are a lot of hit and misses recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know. I've only played with the old singles but don't own any and don't have any experience with the products from ten years ago. What were some of the recent misses you've experienced?

      Delete
  5. Looks lovely on you! I especially like how it pairs with Narcissist, I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely give it a try with Narcissist. Bet it would look beautiful on you.

      Delete
  6. love the cheek color!
    yes, Suqqu for me since i have yet to experience the brand. so this is another enabling post...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And Lena, since Selfridges ships to the US now, you can haz alll the Suqqus! :D

      Delete
  7. That blush-lippie combo is divine on you! I should've gotten this instead of EX-17 Hatsushimo. *bitter tears of regret*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the olive green in the Hatsushimo that is tough to wear? I skipped that one thinking overall the colors were too cool for me. :( I bet you can sell it or swap it off easily though!

      Delete
  8. LOL on the translation as well, and love the Narcissist + Hanabeni combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) love funny Google translate. Cracks me up.

      Delete
  9. Oh lol!! The translations are hilarious!! Here's a description for Beniaka which I came across:

    With a natural feeling of luster, I direct the mouth shining elegantly... :p

    Benichagasane is so lovely to look and is my biggest Fall 2013 temptation but the swatches I see are telling me that there's too much red in the palette for me to pull off :( Love that gold shade though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Beniaka thing for REALZZ?!! XD So so funny. But yes, exactly stuff like that makes me lol when I read these sights.

      It is very rosy in tone. Have you seen #15? That may be a better palette if you are looking for something not so ruddy looking.

      Delete
  10. wantttttt !! :(
    that pink looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, lovely LB! It's surprisingly all very wearable.

      Delete
  11. LOVE this look on you! Probably my favorite Suqqu palette on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne!! I love this palette, too!! :DDD

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...