Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recent Looks

I've been trying on some new products as well as giving older things some attention.  Here are some things I've been using lately and enjoying.

Why not click on for endless face spam?


The Suqqu Discontinued Face
I'm wearing Kakitsubata eye shadow quad (here) and wearing the Creamy Glow lipstick in 17 Ichijiku (here and here).  Oddly enough, the dark blue turns very un-blue on me.  I'm wearing Chanel Fleur de Lotus on the cheeks which is also oxidizing.  I don't know what the heck is going on!

The three THREE
I have one review written up and lined up to go shortly, but here are some things I've done with my face.

THREE 4D Palette in Art of Parties 04
I think I posted this look before?  Suqqu Bright Up in Bonitaro, Addiction Cheek Polish in Tadzio

 
THREE 4D Palette in Mystery Girl 09
Tom Ford Ravish blush (here), Nars Matte Velvet lip crayon in Dolce Vita.
 
THREE 4D Palette in Star Guitar 10
 

Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline blush (here).  Can't recall the lip color.  *shrug?*

 
 
Korean Actress Look
I'm certainly no Korean ingenue!  Kate the Driveller recommended I try a sexy older lady look of Song Mi-Ryung (actress Lee Mi-Sook) from the K-drama You're the Best, Lee Soon-Shin.  Can you believe she's 53?!
 
Inspired by:
 
 
I give it a go:
Addiction Tuxedo Moon palette on the eyes (here), Pixi Endless Silky eye pen in black, Edward Bess Blush Extraordinare in Bed of Roses (here) and Suqqu Bright Up in Bonitaro again!  I'm using the warmer brown part of the Suqqu Nuancing Brow palette in Moss Green (here).  Is too warm!
 Needs some better crease work and I need to work on doing wings! :D
I cut my hair for the first time in something like 8 months.  My poor hair stylist.  She gives me no grief and just says, "See you next year!"
 
What products are you enjoying these days?  I can not believe I'm seeing glimmer of Spring products!

20 comments :

  1. I personally like the first look, from my screen all looks fine, but it's really the lipstick that makes it stunning. You can so rock red lipsticks, I'm so jealous. :-)

    My favorite looks are the THREE 04 and 10 looks. The Tadzio cheek polish and Art of Parties palette are on my next order wishlist. I'm really pale and I hope the colors look as good on me as they do on you. Hopefully you'll post some swatches from your THREE palettes to push me into ordering, lol. Although with THREE products can one ever go wrong??. :-)

    I received my THREE eyeshadow duo in 02 yesterday and I haven't had much time to play with it yet. At first I thought the darker side was a powder but when I read Kate's review of the other duos she said they were all cream so I rubbed off the top and sure enough it's a cream. The darker side reminds me of Addiction's Arabian Ruby (I don't have it but from all the swatches I've studied) and the lighter side is a soft peach. Very pretty.

    Spring products!? Dang, our summer weather is still hanging on here. I won't be ready for spring products until the winter rain and clouds are here for good, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Suqqu lipstick is amazing. :)

      I'm sure you've seen Kate's THREE swatches already and she's so fair, I bet they would be the best indicator of color accuracy out there. The only thing I have different from her is Mystery Girl quad.

      Do you like the 02 duo? Report back on how you like it when you've tried it on!!! I love my one duo (navy/peach one). The cream is so nice!

      Delete
  2. I love love love Art of Parties on you! I actually don't think I've ever worn that all layered up -- must try :*
    Also Ichijiku *_* It's utter mud on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how Art of Parties is on you (and glean alllll the placement ideas). All I do is layer because I don't know anything else. :)
      That's funny on Ichijiku; I hear the same feedback that it's bleck on a lot of people. I can't imagine something looking like poo on you, though. UNPOSSIBLE.

      Delete
  3. Ooh. I think that the last two are my favourites, but it's really difficult for me to discount that first one. You can pull off so many looks! Please let me know if you remember the lipstick that went with the Orpheline look. And thanks for reminding me that I absolutely need to order Orpheline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you not have Orpheline yet? This is like the one blush that has a dip in it and I never get dips in anything! :)

      Delete
  4. Fork me, Ichijiku is forking beautiful on you! It was so brown on me and so I rehomed it, which kinda hurt my heart. Is there a lipstick that you cannot wear?? I love all of these, especially the Korean actress look for the dramatic liner, but I am mostly swooning over the lip colours in this post. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ichijiku is full of love from meee! Do you like 18 Karakurenai better? That red looks bizarre when I wear it. :) I'm trying to give all my 50 lipsticks some lovin'.

      Delete
  5. Me want Ichijiku!!! I like your looks better than the actress, I think she may have had some nose job/alteration to her face. Her makeup is great, though, and so are yours!

    P.S. Read the guest post at Quotidienne, so glad you found your wallet back, what a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Pretty red, no?
      If I can look like the actress when I'm 53, I'm going to be a pretty happy camper.

      Delete
  6. Love the Suqqu look :) Kakitsubata is really great for that subtle & polished look.
    I'm totally envious that Ichijiku looks so good on you. THIS is the vampy wine red that I was hoping for but unfortunately it turned orange-brown on me :*(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kakitsubata is a really elegant quad. Very polished. :) Ichijiku has some suuuper brown tones so I can see how it would go icky orange on some people. What's your fave campy red these days, Wen?

      Delete
    2. I've gone back to sheer/semi sheer reds after too many costly experiments with deep reds... plus I'm innately lazy and sheers are so effortless :p
      My current favourite is Rouge G Madame Flirte. Its a cheerful cherry red and I love the jelly like finish :D

      Delete
  7. Speechless in the face of your beauty! Every look is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Dolce Vita on you! It's quite reddish on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't weird how colors looks so different on people? DV is very muted on me, practically a nude.

      Delete
  9. i really like ALL the looks :D yay

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...