Saturday, September 28, 2013

Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist Lipstick in EX-13 Beniaka

Never be fooled, my friends.  The lipstick in the bullet looks like fire.  Roars like a lion.
Applies like a lamb.
 I've previously posted on the Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist lipsticks before.  (EX-10 Tsubomidama here and EX08 Sangodama here.)  The Creamy Glow Moist formula has a sheer and yes, well, moist formulation.  Of the ones I have, they are definitely not very pigmented, but is nice when I want something that imparts just a slight bit of color with a glowingly shiny finish.
 Beniaka is a warm sheer rosy red.  This limited edition shade is available as part of the Autumn Winter 2013 release from Suqqu and is the shade worn by the model in the ad image.   On my own lips, its much sheerer and softer than appears in the ad below.
It is not a long wearing formula and requires frequent reapplication, but I have no problem pulling out the beautiful case to apply it during the day.
Unlike the regular black cases of the permanent shades, the limited edition cases from fall have a case that shifts color from purple to blue to pink.

 As an interesting little note, Suqqu is a brand offering of the Japanese cosmetics giant Kanebo.
I really enjoy the finish and feel of the Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist lipsticks, but I am not lacking sheer reds.  I do think this is generally superior to many of the other sheer red lipsticks I own.  It seems it's time to cast another critical glance at other sheer reds I own and start culling down.

What do you think of the limited edition items from Suqqu's AW 13 collection.  I see there is always a lot of internet buzz about the eye shadows (well deserved, by the way!), but much less about the lipsticks and face palettes.  This is seriously a lovely and easy to wear red.  Makes me wonder if versus other less expensive and easier to purchase sheer reds, if this is worth the chase?  What do you think?

15 comments :

  1. This lippie gets a resounding YES all round from me as far as the shade, formula & sheerness are concerned. It's sheer enough for me to apply without a mirror, feels good on the lips AND it really brightens my face & livens my complexion. It's the perfect shade for me. BUT ....the lippie rattles in the tube. I love it so much that I ordered a backup from a different store, and would you believe, it rattles too! Talk about bad luck! It drives me up the wall because I'm such a packaging junkie & I really should have them replaced but it would be just too much of a hastle & expense. It's limited edition in a shade which pushes all my buttons so I guess I will just have to learn with the rattle :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rattle?! That's terrible, and the second tube, too. :(
      Great color, though. I totally agree. I've already started making a dent into it even though I've only had it a week or two.

      Delete
    2. That's why I bought a backup. The Ex-13 is so easy to apply that I found myself using it like a balm & making a nice big dent in it:(
      I'll introduce my rattling Suqqus to my rattling Rae Morris brushes :)
      Belly, do you know whether Suqqu was always a Kanebo brand or did they buy it out later?

      Delete
    3. There is some other name associated to Suqqu, but I believe it was always part of the Kanebo umbrella. I think. Maybe. Kind of.

      Delete
  2. I skipped it for lunasol cherry red, the price tag was a bit much. The ex-01 bright up has a nice formula, it feels like nothing and my lips feel moisturised. Buggsie Bee's lipstick rattles, the actual lipstick of mine looked really messed up brand new, only the tip was nice, the sides were not smooth like older products. I think the products for this season haven't been packaged to the usual standard. The palettes are more messy looking for all of the products I purchased for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have access to Lunasol in person to play with! I wish I could line up all the Japanese counters and play (and potentially eliminate the duplicates). Is the Lunasol formula nice as well?
      So far, my eye shadow palettes and the face palette is holding up ok. I'm sorry yours is looking subpar. Are the pans loose or something?

      Delete
    2. Lunasol lipsticks have always been nice but most of the range has micro shimmer. They are typically not scented and very moisturizing. I also like their glosses because they are very elegant (not sticky or thick) and plump up my dry lips. Only thing I would do to the lipstick is depot because they can melt in summer and take up a metallic taste from the tube and it also happens if you take too long to hit pan with it. I wish to visit a Japanese counter as well and I hope it will be fun. The pans were probably over filled for pressing and the excess just went everywhere, pans had a lot of glue under them.

      Delete
  3. I think we need to go to Japan! It looks so delicious and moisturizing! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Suqqu lipsticks are really nice on the lips. :)

      Delete
  4. It looks very nice! I don't have any sheer red in my collection but the not long wearing part makes me hesitant to get any sheer colors. I really do like the fall collection but you are right. I was obsessing over the eyeshadow quads I forgot about other items in the collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beniaka needs to be reapplied like every 2 hours or so for me (I drink a lot) so it's definitely not long wearing. How I you liking Suqqu AW, Rachel?

      Delete
    2. I LOVE ex-17. I have ex-15 coming. :) I actually wanted ex-16 but it was sold out. You can clearly see the eyeshadow quads stole my heart. Hehe

      Delete
    3. I don't blame you, Rachel! The quads are gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. the color looks gorgeous and so creamy! i love sheer moisturizing lipstick in general. really want to try this brand but the price is so steep..i will have to think of another excuse soon..hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, the Bright Up lipsticks have more pigment and also are very nice. The colors seem muted though. The CG Moist are such nice lipsticks. But if you don't want to deal with the hassle of getting them Chantecaille Lip Chics remind me a LOT of the CG Moist lipstick formulas.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...