Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cocktail #1 The Green Rose - Shiseido Eye Color Bar

In college, the university offered bartending classes.  Being not even the legal age to imbibe, and more so focused on my studies I bypassed it.  Now I sincerely regret it because then I might have more of a clue on how to combine the incredible colors in the Shiseido Eye Color Bar (here).  If you recall, each color is named after a drink and the idea of this palette is to combine to your hearts content mixing your own special look, or cocktail.

Today I mix a drink combining Noisette, Menthe, Parfait Amour and a splash of Champagne and I call it The Green Rose.  It is anchored by Noisette, the nutty taupey brown, brightened up with the minty Menthe and highlighted with Champagne.  The key player is the Parfait Amour.

I'm praticularly drawn to Parfait Amour as a key ingredient.  While primarily used in cocktails for the vibrant purple color, it is scented very intriguingly with rose and citrus.  And the color bar color for Parfait Amour is also a vibrant purple with many delicate shimmers.

I'm using the first four colors in these swatches
While the swatches are pretty intense (as I used my finger to pick up the pigment), the overall look on the eye is very delicate, which is the nature of Shiseido eye shadows in my experience.

So here we go:

I mixed my cocktail, The Green Rose by lining with Tom Ford Espresso liner and also in waterline.  The base is Noisette applied slightly past the crease and the inner and outer third of lower lash line.  Parfait Amour was used to smudge out the liner with a pencil brush and then also on the outer third of lid using a blending brush.  Menthe was placed in the center of the lower lash line.  And for a final plop and fizzle, in the top center lid, I placed one of the glowing colors, Champagne.

One more view here.  Parfait Amour is very lovely and delicate.

Also wearing Suqqu Brow palette in Moss Green, Ellis Faas concealer, Addiction Tinted Protector,
Addiction Cheek Polish in Tadzio, Suqqu CGM lipstick in Tsubomidama, Lancome Hypnose Drama WP
Hope you enjoyed imbibing a little something something, my Green Rose with me.  How many cocktails can I mix with this thing?  I should have studied better in school (or drank some more cocktails).  My "skills" are pretty rudimentary as far as makeup application goes, but from playing with this palette a bit more, the shades are very beginner friendly despite the scary looking bright shades.

Tell me your favorite cocktails, the real kind and the Shiseido Eye Color Bar kind!

14 comments :

  1. I did actually take that bartending course, though I chickened out of taking the test in the end. X)

    Using Menthe on the lower lashline was an inspired move, and it really transforms the entire look! I can't decide if I want to get this--on one hand, it's Shiseido, and I want to learn to wear non-neutrals; on the other hand, non-neutrals? D:

    You got Tadzio!! VERDICT? It's the only cheek polish I want to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I forgot there was that hard test at the end. Maybe that was the real reason why I never took this course. Did you learn anything fun? :)
      This is kind of like baby non-neutrals. Very very easy to wear I think, except for that one dpage video with the bright lip. That's probably more color than I'm comfortable with.
      I like Tadzio, very pretty. But to be honest, I think it's a pretty run of the mill pink but nicely opaque.

      Delete
  2. Hey girlie, be careful not to get drunk on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Wow, it looks STUNNING on you. And it is certainly a softer look than I expected! I love jewelish-tones on you.

    (Doesn't MAC have a purple shadow with the same name?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, Mac does have a bright purple. I think Shi is prettier if I do say so myself. :))
      I tend to dull down everything on my skin. I bet it would look much more vibrant on you, Adele.

      Delete
  4. I see we have picked the same shades for the cheek polish! LOL Lookin' good on you! :) The other one I'd love to have is Revenge. Am I going to see it on your cheeks in your next post? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah! Great minds, Nonno, right? I think I will plan a Revenge, Revenge, Revenge post since I have all three.

      Delete
  5. You may as well moonlight as a bartender, looking from the yummy cocktail above! Parfait Amour is so unassuming, it looks like a "normal" purple on the pan but it modulates the other colors so subtly. And is that Suqqu lipstick you said? It shines like a gloss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist formula is super shiny. It's very pretty and very similar in feel to the Chantecaille Lip Chics. :)

      Delete
  6. You are killing me with these Eye Bar posts! D: I neeeed it. This is such a great look on you with the pretty pretty green shade. Love the blush & lipstick combo too <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need you need!!! I'm glad the Eye Bar eked its way past the crashing gate of the forever no buy.
      I do love the blushes, all of them! <33

      Delete
  7. Soooooooooooo pretty-- such a temptress!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...