Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Addiction Cheek Polish in Suspicious, Revenge and Tadzio

New blush formulation from Addiction!  I can not resist.  And I also had a hard time trying to whittle down to one or two even though they were permanent items in the line.  Addiction cheek polishes were recently released along with their AW 2013 offerings and I ended up (sounds so casual "ended up".  I racked my brain and made lists and prioritized and then "ended up") with Suspicious, Tadzio and Revenge.  Revenge actually was a struggle to try NOT to order.  I have a Revenge problem.
L to R) Suspicious, Tadzio, Revenge
The bottles look like nail polish bottles and would make nice nail polish colors!  I keep my nail polish and other face makeup separate.  We can not have the two mix, cohabitate and make a ruckus together.  No, nail polish goes in the bottom drawer.  But in case I do get confused, funny stickers reading "CHEEK" is affixed to the top of the handle.  Thank you, Addiction.
I find it interesting that Addiction offers some of the same colors (or names of colors) in their various formulations.  For instance, Suspicious is also available as a cheek stick, while Revenge is available as a cheek stick, a powder blush and now in this new cheek polish.

Since this is a new-to-me formula, let's go into it a bit.  It has a brush exactly like a nail polish and has a texture slightly thicker than water.  Feels like a face serum.  There is a slight alcohol scent and cooling sensation upon initial application which dissipates very quickly.  It has a smooth and really easy to blend texture (probably contains a boatload of silicone).  Compared to the cheek stick (which is a cream product), the cheek polish is easier to apply and blend.

In the way you may expect from a product with such a light texture, there is a good deal of translucency in the product.  Where the cheek stick is completely opaque when initially applied into a war stripe, even in the blob of the cheek polish, you can see a lot of the skin color coming through.

Translucency does not mean lack of pigmentation however.  It's very easy to build up and because it's a liquid doesn't get built up into a chalky unnatural finish.  Of the three I own, Tadzio has the most opacity followed by Suspicious and then Revenge.  Finish wise, none of the three I've purchased have any shimmer.

Swatch, ahoy!
 
  • Suspicious looks totally frighteningly dark in the bottle, but a very pretty color when applied.  It's a cool clear plum.  As seen from the unblended blob, it looks dark but blended below is a very wearable plum.  I am loving this paired with cool plum eyes and lips and sets a nice tone for autumnal looks.
  • Tadzio looks very white based in the bottle.  Generally white pigment heavy colors make me look a bit like death (I much prefer clear tones and translucency), but blends into a very pretty pink.  The color itself is not terribly unique, but if you were keen on trying out the formula with a very wearable color, then Tadzio is an excellent choice.  This is also most pigmented of the three I own.
  • Revenge.  Yes, the third Revenge I own.   This Revenge is a orangey red.  I love it because, well, it's Revenge.  Do I need more reasons?  grumble grumble. 
Lasting powers seem to coincide with the pigmentation level. Of the three both Tadzio and Suspicious lasted very well into the long, long workdays while Revenge faded gradually away into oblivion after 6 or 7 hours. They didn't leave any noticeable stains on my skin, and cleaned easily away with Bioderma and of course with regular oil cleansing.

I'm wearing all three shades below.  Not at the same time, mind you.  Although with this formula, I think it would be super easy to blend shades and concoct away.  Speaking of application, here is what I've been doing:  as I remove the brush from the bottle, I swipe one side of the brush off on the side of the opening.  I use the remaining product to place three haphazard blobs on my cheek.  I use my fingers to blend and shape.  Repeat on other side.  Add more product to build up intensity as desired.

I like using fingers for makeup applications, but have had same success using a brush (a flat top Sonia Kashuk in my case) to blend.  The texture remains very pliable for a minute or so after placing your initial blobs and gives lots of time to blend and shape.  This is a super easy product for application.
Suspicious Cheek Polish, Burberry Deep Burgundy lipstick
Addiction Ready to Wear quad in Departure on eyes

Tadzio Cheek Polish, Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist lipstick in Tsubomidama,
Shiseido Eye Color Bar on eyes
Revenge Cheek Polish, THREE 09 4D quad on eyes, unknown lipstick
As a bonus, here are all my Revenges lined up in a happy row.  The Cheek Polish is more warm toned.  Cheek Stick is incredibly pigmented and the regular ol' blush is more pinky.  I suppose any sane person wouldn't need all three. :)
Any picks you've set your heart on from the recent Addiction releases?  How about a Cheek Polish?

17 comments :

  1. ...I think I need Suspicious. (My list of things I think I need is compiled of things you and MUS wear. STOP.)

    And you got THREE 09! What's the quality like? I was thinking of getting Guerlain Les Perles last night, but I think I need this one more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. You may want to try Suspicious. I really like the THREE but I think I like 10 more than 09. I'm not sure. The quality is silky and out of this world. These are perm, I think, but you should try one. :)

      Delete
  2. I am a softie for blushes.. e/s I can simply ignore but blush is my weakness. This reminds me of Benefit cheek/lip Tint somewhat? The water-like consistency, the translucency, and the slight boozy smell. I think if I were to pick I'd definitely go with Revenge -- maybe I can even pick the cheek stick version and not being redundant because they look somewhat different. Suspicious is also v. lovely and if I'm completely honest with myself, I'd probably use up Tadzio first. Dang! I don't know if it is a good thing/bad thing that these products are so hard to find & cost an arm and a leg, but I am drooling for sure..
    P.S. To be completely clear, none of these are lip/cheek products, right? only for cheeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think superior that the Benefit tint. Much more easier to apply and blend! :) I KNOW! It's impossible to make a choice, now you see my conumdrum! Yeah, do NOT use on lips. I think you would find it terribly drying. The cheek stick can be used on the lips (though dry) with a good balm.

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous!-I really applaud you restraint n only choosing 3-I think all 3 look amazing-first pick would have to be suspicious for being the most unique?!-will u be getting more??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only 3! WAH! I have zero restraint. I think I'm all done now, since I am on a permanent no buy! :D

      Delete
  4. aww, short-time Revenge for the liquid...gnegnegne! I totally need Suspicious now because a. I'm a supiscious species b. purplish undertones! And how good are these? So are you going to try mixing shades too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps: who said beautybloggers were sane? ofcourse we need all 3 Revenges ; )

      Delete
    2. Birkie! I feel vindicated to know other beauty bloggers are equally insane. :))
      I plan on mixing for sure and seeing what comes up. Totally think you may want to spring for Suspicious next - to appease your suspicious nature, and... PLUM!

      Delete
  5. I've been seeing ADDICTION in my fave beauty blogs - yours, Karima's, in particular. And gossssh, it's so tempting! Thankfully it's inaccessible to me so my wallet is rejoicing but my magpie ways aren't! If I do go to Japan though, I'll be sure to pick up some of these babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharina!! Thanks for stopping by to comment. If Karima puts it on her face or in her blog, BOOM, instant WANT! :) Addiction is actually very accessible via Ichibankao, except the mark up is so high over the Japanese retail. If you go to Japan, please gently caress all the makeups for me and tell them I love them. XD

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I was thinking that I must have a dupe of this pink somewhere in my collection, but so far I can't find one! :) Kind of exciting since it's such a sweet color.

      Delete
  7. They all look so pretty! I immediately thought 'winter' when I looked at the picture of you wearing Suspicious. :-) I'm trying to figure out my next Ichibankao order and I might have to add one of these. I also see that you're wearing the eyeshadows from one of THREE's 4D eye palettes. I'm really interested in a couple of these but there aren't many swatches out there. Do you think you'll be doing a review or making swatches of this palette anytime soon? *hint* LOL

    Thanks for the great looks and swatches. My 'want' list just keeps getting longer and longer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working my way through all the stuff so I will definitely be getting to the THREE palettes!!

      Delete
  8. Loving the look of suspicious!! Was totally thrown off when I read these were blushes...was expecting polish reviews!! LOL!! You are so dang gorgeous, Ms. Belly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) AWWWWWWW! Yooooooou make me feel like a natural snow-wo-MANNNNN.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...