Thursday, August 29, 2013

THREE Shimmering Eye Veil in 37 6760 Miles

Thanks for coming around and joining in my exploration of the THREE cosmetics line from Japan.  Like the blush 17 Wind Swept Soul featured earlier (here), this loose eye shadow was also featured in the video tutorial that was on the THREE site.
 
This super silky loose eye shadow is indeed very shimmery.
It comes in a small squat and square jar topped with a rubbery grey top.  Here are a few jar pictures.  This first out-of-focus one shows off some intense multi-colored shimmer in the product.
While super silky and fine, it is surprisingly easy to work with.  I am loose makeup phobe and don't have a lot of placing and blending skills, but just as in the video tutorial, it picked up easily with a flat brush and stayed put when tapped on to the lids.  It also blended with a fluffy blending brush without displacing glitter everywhere.  Neat trick!
Some things I noticed while playing with the Shimmering Eye Veil:
  • Applied over no base on just my Nars primer, it is super sheer.  The base color looks completely negligible and even the shimmer effect is slightly muted.
  • Applied over a stickier base product (like Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, or a liner - as in the video, or a cream shadow), the color pigmentation and shimmer effect is out of this world.
  • I mentioned how easy it is to apply and it is.  It also STICKS really well and I've have no fallout during my careful pat pat pat application, blending or during the day.
The color is a taupe (*bonks head*), a blend of grey, brown with shimmer that is dominantly silvery, but complicated by the multi-colored ones.  The swatches below are over L) naked skin R) over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
Again in indirect natural light.  I think the direct sunlight pictures made the swatches look rough or gritty and that is totally not the case.  The picture below is more indicative of the texture and feel.
This might be too much shimmer for a lot of people.  I've been wearing my recreation of that tutorial by layering over a taupe eye liner pencil which creates a much more wearable and subtle look.
 
The video uses both this Eye Veil in 37 and also 33, which appears to be a pale blue.  I didn't use that.  Here are the products I've used in addition to tinted moisturize (too dark!), brow stuff, concealer and mascara:
  • THREE Shimmering Eye Veil in 37 6760 Miles
  • Le Metier de Beaute eye liner in Champagne (swatched here, in my Tom Ford In the Pink post)
  • Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black (my substitute for the more expensive THREE one in the video)
  • THREE Color Veil for Cheeks in 17 Wind Swept Soul (here)
  • Chantecaille Lip Chic in Daphne
  • Guerlain Meteorites Perles du Dragon (LE) for glowwwww
 Pretty neutral and sedate all around though, huh?  Kind of like every OTHER look I do.  Ughhhh.
Though I'm duly impressed with the Eye Veil, I wonder how much I would reach for this over all the other pressed eye shadows I own.  Recently, I've purchased some Fyrninnae loose eye shadows to play around with and those are also incredibly complex and pretty (duochrome abound!).  I've had a much harder time applying and blending the Fyrinnae versus the THREE, but the price differnce is stark.  For the price of one THREE, I can buy many many small pots of Fyrinnae samples.

Do you use loose eye shadows and pigments?  What's your best application tricks?

Labor Day is coming up along with a long holiday weekend.  I'm going to hang out with family and friends and grill up a storm.  I hope those of you in the US will have an enjoyable long weekend.

28 comments :

  1. That is such a stunning shade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grabby hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously it is amazing. *swats grabby hands*

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous color and it looks fantastic on you. That Chantecaille lip chic looks beautiful on you too! I'm very slowly getting into THREE and Addiction products. I have an eyeliner from THREE and one eyeshadow from Addiction (see I told you I was going slow! lol) and absolutely love both of them. I will definitely be ordering more. I only wish they were available to us in the U.S. without the huge markup. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow & steady wins the race... or something like that? Which Addiction eye shadow did you get, Dawn? Those are particularly lovely, aren't they?

      Delete
    2. I have Rigoletto eyeshadow, which is stunning, and THREE's Eye Belong eyeliner which is a slight purpley-blue....gorgeous! And I want sooo many more! lol

      The quality of Addiction, and THREE for that matter, is superb. I wish they made a dark purple eyeshadow, that leans more blue than red, that's in their P or ME finish. I might have to find more TF pics of Lavender Lust to see if that purple is what I'm looking for and get that quad. Orchid Haze and Lavender Lust are calling my name but I wonder if I truly need Orchid Haze since I already have Enchanted and they look fairly similar? Decisions decisions. :-)

      Delete
    3. From my own Enchanted and my counter experience with Orchid Haze, I think Orchid Haze was duskier and warmer than Enchanted. If you aren't already subscribing or following, you should check out Color Me Loud (on my blog roll) ---> I believe she'll do an Enchanted vs. Orchid Haze comparison. Maybe we can convince Sara to compare to Lavender Lust also. :) She's the Tom Ford queen.

      Delete
  3. Lovely combo of LMdB champagne and the THREE loose!! I also love the Daphne Lip Chic on you. Triple love from me, how's that?? For loose shadow, I've only tried MAC pigment. Usually I use eyebase (NARS is my staple) or just pat it lightly on top of existing eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like patting is the way to go? The THREE is particularly easy to use, but now I'm a bit motivated to play with the Fyrinnae a tiny bit more. :) Chantes are so lovely. Some of my favorites!!

      HOORAY for Nars primer love!

      Delete
  4. must..look away...i shall not be tempted by you taupey sparkley awesomeness..on a side note, i emailed Three and asked if they'd ever be made available in the states..they responded back naming their current locations and said they were opening a flagship store in tokyo with a cafe and a spa (october). they also said they'd received many inquiries as of late from the US, and were curious as to how i found out about them..MAYBE IF WE ALL EMAIL THEM THEY'LL START SHIPPING TO THE US? do you think it could happen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Belly! Greetings from Japan!
    Heart your blog! Though its unrelated, I recently got some swatch pics of Addiction's e/s& blush etc. If it doesn't creep u out too much, may I email them to u?
    I'm not affiliated w any cosmetic company, just a fan happy to see an English blog addressing these Asian brands!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yumi!! *Waves from NY* Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so happy you are enjoying the blog.
      I would LOVE to see your pictures and NO, I'm not creeped out AT ALL!
      wondegondigo AT gmail dot com

      Delete
    2. Hi Belly!!
      Great, I'll send them tonight!!!

      Delete
    3. Crap, just realized I posted on the wrong post--
      Just wanted to say, I emailed u brown e/s swatched! Let me know if u likey!
      Also, I swatched Three's new e/s palette. Very sheer. Much like the dry swatch of the loose e/s u got here.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  6. This is a beauty! I have one lonely THREE pigment too (Ziggy -- much chunkier than this) and while I love it and call it Ziggybob, I can't envisage shelling out for another! Can't wait to see what you do with those Fyrs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ziggybob! I guess all the texture varies among the colors? This is a nice neutral with some crazy shimmer. I LIKE IT. But I hear you, not sure it's worth it to buy versus all the other easily accessible, beautiful and inexpensive options.

      Delete
  7. this is so so so pretty !!!
    so pumped for ichy to be open
    COME TO MAMA !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty... but no more for me... too much money has been spent.

    Buying THREE isn't hard at all. Finding out what they look like is the hard part. A bit like gambling thus making it a little bit exciting. Their website needs bigger pictures. I actually don't mind their prices because *cough Australian markups are insane so it makes brands like THREE, SUQQU, Addiction and even Chicca look reasonably priced and value for money even at ichibankao prices *cough cough feel free to look at how silly the prices are on mecca cosmetica website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, you Australian prices and the markup for even drugstore brands is insane! I'm sorry you need to spend $40 for a Revlon foundation!! :( I love US drugstore prices for all the fun inexpensive thrills. Hard to do in Australia I imagine? Are the local brands more priced reasonably?

      Delete
  9. I finally put the LMdB champagne liner on my pinterest list :-) You should go into videos so I can see your pat pat pat technique!!! This is beautiful on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee. On videos I woud be a reel of tics, "uh" and "cough" and "blink blink." Aint no body want to watch that. pat pat pat.

      Delete
  10. Oh you do find it very shimmery? I have a few of these... And while I'm impressed by them for their easy application and non-straying capability, I find their shimmers a tad too refine and delicate for my liking. In other words, I can't detect shimmers on my eyes!!! (*wailing* I love shimmers on my eyes!) I've tried using these over the brand's pencils with no much difference. And I feel so bummed to have picked several whose base colour is very translucent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so funny! I wonder if the other colors are much less shimmery? Are you layering it over a sticky base like a cream shadow or a liner like I did? The dry swatch is seriously lacking in pigmentation and shimmer. I only went WOAH, when I layered it over other things. :((

      Delete
  11. what a gorgeous shade! I love it! *puts it on my wishlist*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <33 Hello, sweets! Yes, the texture is incredible and the shimmer is sooo stunning. Have you tried Fyrinnae yet, also?

      Delete
  12. what an amazing pigmentation is that!!! I think I'll go GAGA over this brand if I were in Japan now.... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to plan a trip and take pictures for your blog. We'd LOOOOOVE that. :DD

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...