Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Some Faces and Some Caterpillars - added video

It's been dramatically busy at work these days, so new posts have been at a bit of a lull here on Wondegondigo.

Dumb thing is, I bought some new fall products early hoping to feature them on the blog (but not my only motivation), but having seen them featured on other great blogs making me lose any desire to post... all that much.  Does this make sense?

Anyway, thought I'd show some stuff I've been having fun with, for funs.

I had a pair of Ardell false lashes that were insanely long that I would never wear, so of course, I decided to wear them!

I think this would be a great look with a wicked hangover.  Suqqu Creamy Glow lipstick in #18 Karakurenai here looking positively neon, which it isn't in real life.  But in the bathroom does.  This looks like furry caterpillars on my eyes.
Squint so I can put my inebriated vision back into focus.  Hic.
Speaking of bugs, look what I found in my home:

The Dark Lord lives.
I know you can't tell relative size in this picture, but I would claim it would be man-eater size.  And also, what the hell is going on with that glowing eye?!  It's still in my house.  I hope it lives in some dark corner and never come out again.  I think Beelzebub lives in my house.  Someone hold me.

The good thing with DSL internet connection is watching endless Jung Saem Mool videos.  I tried out a double wing with a glowy eye shadow.  The look is surprisingly wearable considering the copious amount of black gel eye liner.  It makes the epicanthic fold a feature, which is awesome by placing a good blob of gel liner in it.  I used Rouge Bunny Rouge Angelic Cockatiels as my all-over lid shade + on my lower lash line.

Oh yes, I've also sparingly used Shu Uemura individual false lashes for fun.  Less creepy insect like.  I don't normally wear false lashes.  It's just too hard!
And the eyeball compilation:

Makeup-wise, loving several things.  Been wearing Chanel Joue Contrast in Narcisse and Guerlain Madame Rougit often.  Eye-wise, have been wearing lots of the Tom Ford In the Pink trio so I can bring my cost per wear down to about $15.00.  Ahem.  Thinking about all the glorious Japan fall releases from THREE, Addiction and Suqqu.

What's been happening on your end?

22 comments :

  1. Totally hear you on the "oh, X has reviewed this, I won't have to" thing XD

    Thank you so much for posting the first look again! I've been on a swatchrampage (swampage? rampwatch?) trying to find something that will look exactly like that on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like some OCC lip tar can be neon like that, right? Or looks like UD new lipstick in Catfight?
      http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-revolution-lipsticks-reviews-photos-swatches-69-f-bomb-catfight-bang-streak

      Delete
  2. I love both of the looks but particularly how you contoured your face in the second one. The second one looks so natural yet polishes, love it! By the way which lipstick are you wearing on the second one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was making all sorts of weird faces with #1. It looked so over the top. :D
      was fun, though.
      In the second look, that is Addiction Cheek stick in revenge, which is such a fab product, but not anywhere near as muted as that in real life.
      http://wondegondigo.blogspot.com/2013/06/addiction-blush-in-revenge-addiction.html
      Also no contouring, either. Just blush and my very angular face. :D

      Delete
  3. The Ardell lashes don't look all that caterpillary in the photo, really! With the lipstick, it makes you look like a fluttery-lashed siren. But I know what you mean--I've worn false lashes and thought that they looked (and felt!) like caterpillars on my lids. XD

    Absolutely love the double-wing. What lippie are you wearing in those pictures? They're MLBB perfection! I've been watching JSM tutorials until my eyes bleed and I can play the theme song on an accordion in my sleep, but I'm running into a quandary--you know how she tends to join liner on the top with liner on the bottom, esp. in the lower outer corners in a triangle to extend the eye shape? That Hansel, he's so hot right now, and I cannot for the life of me achieve that because my double eyelid folds extend about 1cm past the outer corner of my eyes and the excess skin + tendency to water makes it nigh impossible. I hope to catch you + the Driveller on MUB together one day so maybe you can help me troubleshoot! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're on MUB right now! GO GO GO

      Delete
    2. that lippie is REVENGE! LOL! It is blotted down some, but it's a combination of poor lighting and then my skin doing its weird muting everything down thing.

      Delete
    3. Your lips are voodoo magick! XP

      Delete
  4. Post everything you buy! Can I tell you how much I love and need your swatches to buy things unsighted? Love the looks btw and keep posting when you are up to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a quandry! I need YOUR pictures to buy sight unseen! :DD

      Delete
  5. Could've put up a spider warning :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! And no page break either in this post. That was a motherfonkin' huge spider for sure.

      Delete
  6. Those glowing eyes (the spiders not yours:)) are SCARY!
    Love the liner shape you did - what did you use- nice soft black, but still sharp lines- need to master now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. frightful bug!
      It's a Bobbi Brown gel liner in black. :)

      Delete
  7. I know exactly how you feel hun--don't give up. I wanna see what you bought. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been unleashing the torrent of posts. Did you see I finally posted Madame Rougit? ;)

      Delete
  8. Love the double-wing look!! And Karakurenai on you, even with the neon effect. LOL the first thing I thought to myself when I looked at the spider picture is,"Wth, are those GLOWING EYES???" How do you like Madame Rougit? I'm holding myself back since I think it may look like Chanel Rose Initiale, but I just can't resist the whole Guerlain-LE-Aura thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking madame rougit. I think I am biased TOWARDS them, so I'm not sure I can guarantee sober and impartial opinions though.

      Delete
  9. We get spiders just like that here in the PacNW in the summer. Plus they JUMP, I swear.

    OK, now that I'm shuddering uncontrollably (even though I appreciate that spiders eat even worse bugs), I will now go look at pretty makeup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jump?! What. the. ever. loving. hell?! I figured out that the spider in the picture is a Wolf spider. We also found a GIANT (even more giant than the Wolf one) residing in a most spectacular and elaborate looking web just above our front door. She (it?) is a Nocturnal Orb Weaving Spider. She is glorious and HUUUUGGGGEEEE. I'm too scared to take the web down. She'll jump on me while I'm sleeping and suck all my brain out. GAHHHHHH

      Delete
  10. Haaaa ha ha! Caterpillars!!! So did you ever catch the Dark Lord or is he still roaming the catacombs somewhere??? I've never tried false lashes...hmmm...hmmmm!!! I love it paired with the double wing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's on the freaking loose! GAH!!!
      False lashes are too hard for me. :) But it's a nice look.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...