Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lipstick Week: Introduction

A tag can sit in my brain, but eventually a tag must be obeyed with.  Plus the same tag by two lovely bloggers MUST be complied with.  So...

Claire from Aucuparia Brumalis and Carina from Softly Sometimes had both tagged me to conduct my own Lipstick week.  Before I do, please check out these lovely blogs because I subscribe to both on Bloglovin' and look forward to their new posts.  I dare you to walk away without a lemming.

I think I'm supposed to try to do a full week (7 days) of new posts on lipsticks.  My blog tends to be eye shadow-heavy so I think this is a great opportunity to showcase some lip stuff.  While I am unlikely to do 7 days of new posts in a row, I can put up some new lipsticks (at least new to me) up.  And I will also be putting up some new things I've bought in the recent days like Tom Ford Fall and Guerlain from the Voilette de Madame collection.

A note.  I don't generally retouch my photographs, apart from cropping or light balance.  What I'm trying to say is, you may see errant zits, lots of hair, and flakes around my nose (from a recent summer cold) that may suspiciously look like boogers.

I'm telling you.  I'm a beauty blogger showing it like it is.  (maybe also because I haven't invested in a decent photo retouching software.  -____- )

8 comments :

  1. Ooh! I'm so excited to see you doing this! I really enjoyed the lipstick week challenges that both of those lovely ladies did and I'm curious to see what makes your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, Kate! I'm excited to put the focus on lipsticks! :DD

      Delete
  2. very excited belly :) can't wait for your posts! :D / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your Guerlain Violette de Madame collection review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) There are some beauties in that collection. :))

      Delete
  4. I have the exact same lipstick holder! I'm thinking of doing mine in a video since I don't see myself sticking with a post series like this, but I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if I make it do day 7! I'm not confident!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...