Friday, August 23, 2013

Lipstick Week: Day 6 My Lips But Better - Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist in EX-10 Tsubomidama and Edward Bess Lipstick in Tender Love

I think the generally accepted idea behind "my lips but better" is a flattering lip color that is something close to your lip color but doing all the things that your lips may be hard pressed to do naturally: be perfectly even, maybe even with a smooth plumping texture, slightly darker or brighter or rosier.  You get the drift.

I have two different types of colors I wear and consider MLBB (since I can't be bothered to type it out in full every time).  One is just as described above and I love rosy pinks that are slightly sheer.  It's a forgiving color and so easy to wear with just about any look or outfit.  I'm choosing to show you Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist EX-10 Tsubomidama (here) which is a limited edition lip color from this Spring, but Chantecaille Lip Chic in Amour (here) appears to be a near dupe.

Other kind of MLBB for me stretches upon that to be a color in perfect balance with the rest of my face.  For me it has a dose of warmth, a deeper tones, but also very rosy in nature.  I will show Edward Bess Lipstick in Tender Love (previously featured here), but Rouge Bunny Rouge's Whim of Mine performs a similar feat.

First I've made up my face in a my face but much better format.  On my eyes, I've used Shiseido Alchemy up to the crease, added Rouge Bunny Rouge Chestnut Napped Apalis lightly in the crease, and Rouge Bunny Rouge Firetailed Sunbird on the lower lash line.  I've lined my eyes on the upper lash line with Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Pen in Blue Black and very lightly on the lower lash line.  Lancome Mascara in Hypnose Drama Waterproof.
Other notables are Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, and Chanel Joue Contrast in Narcisse* (I LOVE this thing!)  Nothing on lips here, to show how washed out I look without a lipstick to balance out all the other things.
Now a quick swatch of the sheer Tsubomidama and of Tender Love.  (Playing around with my OTT lite - this is an indoor picture with artificial lighting.  Got to figure out how to take pics when it gets to be freezing winter outside)
L) Suqqu Tsubomidama R) Tender Love
It was when I took this swatch picture that I realized one is just a version of the other in sheer or pigmented form!  No wonder I love these two lipsticks.

Here is Suqqu Tsubomidama on my lips.  It is sheer but with enough pigment to add some brightening color to my face.  The texture is lovely and reminds me very much of Chantecaille Lip Chics.
And in the context of the rest of my face.  Enough to balance out the eyes and the pink cheeks.
Now beautiful Tender Love on my lips with its lovely lip-loving and creamy texture.  (and heavy scent!  beware!)
Same face, now in context:

Both these lipsticks are awesome no-brainer lipsticks for me and I reach for these over and over.  I'm more likely to reach for the Edward Bess Tender Love when the weather gets cooler.  This summer, Tsubomidama was my constant companion.

What kinds of colors are your very best Your Lips But Better?

Disclaimer: all products except those denoted with * have been purchased by me.  * indicates product was provided to me free of charge for consideration

16 comments :

  1. Love these looks!! I think you nailed not only MLBB but also MFaceBB. Let's see.. I've got lots of MLBB type lipstick, I think it's a sin to own it all. At the moment, I'm loving Chantecaille Lip Sheer Lip Tint in Ibiza, somewhat MLBB but only due to sheerness. I like that it has SPF on it, unscented (albeit a bit stinky) and quite nice on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check out the rest of the Chantecaille lip products. For some reason, the Lip Chics are so often talked about but less so the other ones. Is it the sunscreen that makes the funny scent?
      And thank you, Claire! This would be my professional face, my look like an adult face. :D

      Delete
    2. Yep, sadly, the SPF makes it stinky/plasticky scent. I think Chante's compact lip gloss also has SPF on it with less plasticky smell, but this lip tint is more portable.

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely beautiful in every shot, Belly! I would give the Suqqu a slight edge over the TF but I can absolutely see your seasonal preferences for one over the other, and it's fascinating how they cast slightly different lights on the blush and eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, Ms. Driveller! Kind thanks. The Suqqu just feels like balm and so nice on, too! I feel a lemming build over the new Fall ones, but must choose prudently. (BAHHAHAHAH!)

      Delete
  3. These are lovely - particularly the first one!

    My favourite MLBB is Guerlain Rouge G in gemma - FAB! Rosy mauve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! The Guerlain Rouge G! One of the nicest formulas out there. Gemma is truly gorgeous, too.

      Delete
  4. You look so incredibly gorge! Your skin looks flawless. Narcisse is one of my absolute favorites too. I think I agree with Kate and prefer the Suqqu a little bit over EB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Thank you so much! I've bypassed LM Tinted Moisturizer many times, but recently gotten a huge sample with an order on their website. It's really very nice! :) I like the coverage and the finish.
      Well, we all love a little Suqqu in our lives.

      Delete
  5. I'm putting in a plug for EB Tender Love, it's so beautiful on you! I do have a thing for slightly deeper than usual MLBB shades, but this one is a knockout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an unusually deep color, but it's so pretty. L.P., what are some of your other Edward Bess favorites? Have you tried any of the new eye shadow quads or the new blushes?

      Delete
  6. Between the two, I think Tsubomidama is my favourite on you. It really looks so polished! Will you be picking up anymore Suqqu now that the Fall collection is out?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wen, I'm deliberating on the new creamy glow moist LE shades but I will probably pass on eye shadows. What are you thinking about getting?

      Delete
    2. I'm really tempted by ALL the stuff on their promo pic!! Such good advertising lol. Apparently the model is wearing creamy glow moist EX-13 Beniaka and eyeshadow EX-16 Benichagasane. The gold and copper colours in EX-16 are gorgeous and pair well with the other deep brown shade...but the only thing that bugs me about the palette is the fuschia shade. How would you use that without looking like you've got pink eye??

      Delete
  7. Holy smokes! You look fabulous here :) I am particularly loving Tsubomidama on you! One day I will have an opportunity to try out Suqqu....looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toyarosie! Thank you!! Such lovely textures with the Suqqus. I hope you get to try one out soon. <33

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...