Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lipstick Week: Day 5 Magic Lips - Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain in Madame Flirte

I tried very hard with the arrival of Fall to retain some manner of sanity and to really prioritize what I wanted.  Of the collections, Guerlain's Voilette de Madame really captured my imagination.  I love the sexy femininity of the veil and how the theme suffuses many of the product offerings.  Three new Rouge G lipsticks were released Mesdames Batifole, Flirte and Reve.  I got Madame Flirte, a juicy strawberry red.

These Fall limited edition colors come in the standard cases, but they have been embossed with a swiss dot lace, just like a little voilette.
Here is Madame Flirt in the case.  There is a fair bit of golden shimmer in this color, but it translates into a pretty glow and no frostiness.
This formula reminds me more of the sheer Brilliant version of the Rouge G (here) and not the standard ones. This is a bit sheer with one swipe, but buildable while retaining a juicy sheerness.  The color is a nicely warmed up strawberry red on my arm, especially with my warm skin tone shining through.
I really enjoy this formula.  In addition to the all-out luxury assault of the case, the scent (in this case, I like it) and even the high price, the product itself is a wonderful one.  It glides on the lips and has fair amount of comfortable cushion on the lips.  It feels moisturizing and even for a sheer lipstick, it did pretty reasonably well in terms of wear time.  It wore a full 3 hours on me and going into a fourth with a lovely even faded color.  I suppose this is a case worth pulling out to reapply in public.
Here is the lipstick in action on my lips.  Or rather, here is my magical cool toned lips turning things pink, in action!

The shine and pretty juiciness is still there, but my cool lips have transformed the shade into an undisputed pink.
PINK!
Not that there is anything wrong with such a pretty pink lipstick.  When I swatched the three lipsticks at the counter, I bypassed the pink Madame Batifole and Madame Reve and thought I was choosing a red, but there go my weird lips again.  And I do not like putting testers on my lips, sanitized or no.  So these things will happen from time to time.

I reckon I will still get good use out of such a pretty color, though. 
I'm wearing a few layers of Madame Flirte here.  Also trying on my new Madame Rougit blush from Guerlain.  On my eyes, Addiction Tuxedo Moon.

What about you?  Did you make any purchases from the Guerlain Fall collection?  Have you also tried Madame Flirte?  Do lipstick colors remain true to the tube on your lips, or do you also possess like magical transformative powers?

14 comments :

  1. Your beautiful face is making me regret skipping this collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Martha! Did you bypass the blush, too?! :D
      I love the Rouge G formulas. They feel soooo nice.

      Delete
  2. Fellow sufferer, my weird beigey lips also turn everything into some shade of coral lol :p I reckon it still does look red on you though, more of a muted red-pink but it is very pretty :) I've been eyeing Mme Flirte for quite a while now but still not sure if I should take the plunge! Rouge G formulas are my favourite though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woe is Wen! Woe is Me! :) Well, coral is a very pretty color so that's not so bad! Yes, I think Flirte is still a reddish color, even on me. It's a beauty. If you love the formula, then you might really like the color.

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks so pretty on you. On me it is more of a red, I would prefer your version though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Beautiful color on all! I bet you look ravishing, Sara.

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking this will probably look similar on me, since my lips also tend to pull the cool, pink tones out of these kinds of shades. Although I have Rouge Sensuel, which I think is similar, but has enough warmth that it shows red even on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Rouge Sensuel an RA? Mme Flirte reminds me of Chamade, but a more flattering version on me. I can't figure out why that color was so unflattering on me!

      Delete
  5. Really pretty. Is it sold out already? Ah tell me it is so I don't get to buy it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES (NO)! Although it was out early on Neiman Marcus dot com and I saw testers at bergdorf. I think it's in the process of rolling out now, it seems.

      Delete
  6. You look beautiful!!! Ha ha you have magic lips!!! My magic lips turn everything very warm unfortunately :-( the case is lovely!!! Happyyou like the formula so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Gummykins! I wish I could turn things warm! :) The case is over the top fancy (and heavy). I do love the Rouge Gs.

      Delete
  7. Who cares about magic lips, pink or not it looks gorg on you!! Yes, I can't pass Guerlain either. Even when traveling, I got sucked right in. Fortunately/unfortunately, the Madame Rougit was sold out in the NM that I visited but then I'm hoping and wishing that it would be a dupe of Chanel Rose Initiale so I won't have to cave in. I got the new automatic liner (great formula & color selection), the Two Guerlain, and Madame Reve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire! I really love this color and formula.

      Madame Rougit is SOOOOO pretty on! You must try it.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...